Jeph Loeb on Superboy and "Sam's Story"

lceman said:
I did a quick revision of this new cover and updated Robin's costume to fit OYL: What you guys think:

I am going to go into more detail late on but just wanted to see what it would look like.
Well this was an innappropriate time to do this.:down

Phoney Bone said:
Well this was an innappropriate time to do this.:down

Why is that innappropriate? I am a huge supporter of this book. There is nothing innapropriate about it. I like the cover and wanted to see how it would look with a new costume. There is nothing disrepectful about it.

S**t, I don't even buy regular comics, and I plan to buy that. 'Tis for a good cause. :):up:

lceman said:
Why is that innappropriate? I am a huge supporter of this book. There is nothing innapropriate about it. I like the cover and wanted to see how it would look with a new costume. There is nothing disrepectful about it.
Just a bad choice of thread to do it in I thought, it's really got nothing to do with anything.

Yeah, I'm planning on picking this up too. Really everyone should. It's suh a good cause, and it'll probably bring a tear to many a hardened fanboy's eye.

I haven't liked Superman/Batman ever since the Supergirl arc ended. But I will be getting this issue. The amount of talent, the tribute, and the good cause will make it worth it.

Purple Man, the conversation has been deleted. DROP IT. There's no point to prove here, and even if there was, this is not the place to do it.

You could have just as easily told me to drop it in a private message instead of deleting the rest of the conversation and leaving your message so I look like a jerk for sticking up for my beliefs.

Anyways....

I'm not the type for alternate covers, but I think I'll definitly buy two copies of this one. I'm giving one copy to my girlfriend, she doesn't read comics but she found 'Sams Story' by Loeb and Sale a tear jerker for any teen who lost a friend way too soon.

I love the Loeb/Sale short stories. For example 'When Clark met Bruce' was an interesting tale, raising the question if Clark would have asked Bruce to play ball with him would it have changed anything. If he didn't fail to act, would Batman still be as dark as he is today?

(I didn't delete it, another mod did. Anyway, conversation is over)

purple man waid and 2 others cancled at the con

yea i'm buying 2, 3 if i can get the varient

I feel this book that if they do bring Superboy back it should be a cross over between Teen Titans and Superman/Action Comics or instead of the Superman books use Superman/Batman to see what Batman has to say about Robins actions. And this issue would be a great start off to it. Like at the end of this issue you see that Robin has finally cloned Superboy.

honestly i hope he fails and no dead character should come back that fast.

True but its only a matter of time before he gets it right if he is suppose to be almost Batman's equal. So why not do it there then let the arc start in Teen Titans and go from there to Superman.

GoldenAgeHero said:
honestly i hope he fails and no dead character should come back that fast.

its been a year in their time ;)

Finally Superman/Batman 26 is coming out today.

Everyone better buy it or I will replace all your Superman and Batman comics with Archie and Jughead.

Purple Man said:
Finally Superman/Batman 26 is coming out today.

Everyone better buy it or I will replace all your Superman and Batman comics with Archie and Jughead.
please no!!! anything but that!

Mogwai said:
please no!!! anything but that!

You better buy two copies just to be safe.

I'll turn your Green Lanterns and Flashes into Richie Rich and Casper the Friendly Ghost.

I'm proud of my comic shop. It was in my pull box, of course, and the extra copy I grabbed was the last one on the shelf. :up: I gave it to my grandma (who has Ovarian cancer) to read, and actually cried when I read Sam's Story again.

I didn't buy it. It apparently didn't ship to my shop today, or it was snapped up during the day, since I went around 6 p.m. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be another printing at some point.

Superman Batman 26 was great. Superboy's departure so far is handled very well. I still wish he would come back but if he doesn't, I'll always come back to this issue if I start missing him.

And yeah, I did shed a tear with Sam's story. :(

this should be issue of the year..besides IC #7

I bought two copies, one of each cover. If there are any more printings, I'll get them too, it's for a good cause.

I have to say that when I walked into the store, I didn't even plan on buying the issue. I'm so glad I did buy it though. It was put together very well, and probably one of the best issues I've bought in a long while. It makes me feel good knowing it all goes to a good cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"