The OFFICIAL FINAL CRISIS THREAD

yeah, i picked up on the metron symbol freeing people. i need to learn more about metron to fully understand his role in all this, though. i hear there's stuff about him in morrisons seven soldier's? im gonna try to pick those up. i may go back and read the superman beyond books again too, because i know i didnt pick it all up. particularly the stuff going on during the mandrakk/superman fight and all that stuff about "stories".

but damn, i couldnt fall asleep last night, the story was just stuck in my head and i couldnt get away from it. quite fantastic....other than being tired as s#!t for work this morning, ha ha.

sweet, thanks. that mostly cleared up what few questions i had left.

so im rereading this right now... and everytime i read dr lights dialogue, i hear the monarchs voice from venture bros

My god Final Crisis is a frustrating comic to read... It like the writers didn't communicate at all...

it really is best to just read the issues written by morrison and to follow his reading guide:

FINAL CRISIS 1-3
SUPERMAN BEYOND 1-2
SUBMIT
FINAL CRISIS 4–5
BATMAN 682–683
FINAL CRISIS 6–7

What sketches does the Hardcover of Final Crisis include? :O I've heard about these Morrison sketches and well... is it breaking any forum rules to ask for scans of the sketches? :O

it really is best to just read the issues written by morrison and to follow his reading guide:

FINAL CRISIS 1-3
SUPERMAN BEYOND 1-2
SUBMIT
FINAL CRISIS 4–5
BATMAN 682–683
FINAL CRISIS 6–7
I never got Submit or the Batman issues. :(
I have Superman Beyond, but it's like reading Alice in Wonderland. It's like Superman is on one giant acid trip. I read Resist, and it kinda made me angry when Mr. Terrific activated the OMACs and they just went around killing people, when he himself said that would be counter productive to what they were fighting for.

Pick up the hardcover. It makes for one longass badass awesome read.

It collects FC1-3, Superman Beyon1-2, Submit, FC4-7. Theres maybe 2 or 3 times in the book where the mention something that happens in the other books (Reynee and Waller talking about Specter, Darkseids minions talking about the clone army and how Batman beat it/escaped), and it changes a lot of the artwork in SupermanBeyond to make it actually readable.

And theres a few changes in dialog / coloring that help.

I'm waiting for the paperback, if it ever comes out. DC's really terrible with trades. :o

I didn't even know I was getting it. Apparntly it was on my amazon "buy whenever it's in stock" list, and it was just randomly shipped to my house on saturday.

Pretty cool for me, as I was about to dig through my boxes and pull out FC to re-read it as a complete story.

You also get a much better sense of "holy **** this is the end of everything" when you read all of it in a sitting or two. Much more so than when it was coming out every other month :up:

reading it by the month i was kinda lost, but i knew something really cool was happening. then i went back and read it in one sitting in the order detailed by morrison....and that s**t just blew my mind and f***ed my head up for a few days. i couldnt stop thinking about it.

You also get a much better sense of "holy **** this is the end of everything" when you read all of it in a sitting or two. Much more so than when it was coming out every other month :up:

I don't know, I read it monthly and still thought that feeling came across really well. Better than most events of this nature

Last edited:
You mean "monthly". :)

I loved it when it was originally released haven't reread it since but I'm going to buy the hardcover and sit down with it again.

Shame it doesn't collect the Batman issues they are really important IMO.

Why would you byuy the hardcover when you can just read it with Single issues?

Yeah no ****. Quit stimulating the economy like that you reckless *******.

Why would you byuy the hardcover when you can just read it with Single issues?

I don't usually buy collections of stuff I have in single issues but I just kind of want the hardcover.

Maybe it's just the JG Jones cover? I dunno.

Couldnt been bothered to get the single issues when it came out monthly. so im prolly gonna buy the HC. And i advise everyone not to wait for Tradepaperback because it takes years for DC hCs to turn Paperback. Not kidding. Batman RIP

Well, I'm not kidding about waiting for the paperback. Either DC puts one out or they don't get my money. So there. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"