Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Darthphere, Dec 22, 2007.
I just came.
A Morrison Aquaman would probably be pretty friggin sweet
Yeah give him the Hand to work with and we will all be amazed im sure.
so is that where Bruce is.....somewhere in the distant past? stuck?
I doubt Bruce will be stuck for very long. He was scribing the bat-logo onto the cave wall, not too far from the symbol Metron gave to early man. We know that someone is going to discover that cave wall, because Metron's symbol was a pretty damn important plot point during Final Crisis. All Batman needs is for someone in the Justice League to see an ancient Batman pictograph, and it's just a matter of dusting off the cosmic treadmill.
ahh the cosmic treadmill....all powerful MacGuffin of the DCU....
Maybe Booster'll go back and pick him up. Is that somehow better than the cosmic treadmill?
Now THAT, would be a good plot twist and an interesting development in the relationship between Booster and Bats. Heck, I'm sure that's probably what Bruce is thinking anyway. Also it would 10x better than jumping on the cosmic treadmill.
yes Batman being saved by Booster Gold.....that's not humbling at all
Booster may not be a great character, but he's more than everyone thinks he is. He's the greatest hero the world will never know
But no, I would not have him rescuing Bats.
he was great in 52. I didn't really give a toss about booster before that.
just shows you the power of good writers.......
Booster getting Bats would be awesome.
So when are these Final Crisis Aftermath books coming out? If they don't hit stores till May, isn't that kinda late? I mean, releasing Final Crisis Aftermath four months after Final Crisis ends seems a bit delayed.
That does seem awkward. Maybe they wanted to insert it between the big Batman goings-on now and the big GL goings-on later to keep the stream of events up? DC's hurting for sales and having event after event after event has certainly helped Marvel's market share, so maybe DC's giving it a go.
Still, that's sort of a terrible way to go about it.
Not to mention they sound pretty terrible anyway
Not really looking forward to those Aftermaths. As someone else put it...
Frankly, I'll buy the hell out of Dance.
"Now you'll see what the power of money unleashed can do!"
With Barry's iminent return, the cosmic treadmill should be seeing lots of use. They go together like rhubarb crumble and custard
And make total sense, since Batman knows about Booster's "job" anyway.
Yea they kinda hinted at booster is the one to go get him in the last issue
so i just re-read final crisis, this time all at once, and with the superman beyond and submit tie-ins, which i did not previously read. things definitely made a lot more sense this time around. though some things were still a bit unclear. what was the relation between darkseid's and mandraak's plots? who and why was everyone shrank down? i thought the omega sanction would make batman suffer endless deaths, why does it appear he was just sent back in time? so the monitors no longer exist? how did wonder woman break free of the anti life equation?
It's been a while so I don't truly remember if this is all correct answers, but let's try anyway...
1) Darkseid falling through spacetime and creating a hole in the multiverse is what allowed Mandrakk to return.
2) There's no enough space on the Watchtower for the whole rest of humanity that wasn't engulfed by Darkseid's entropy thingy. I believe they were shrunken simply to make room for each other.
3) The Omega Sanction can be overcome; Shilo Norman did so, and apparently so has Batman. I personally interpreted that Bruce's corpse was on the rocket that Lois shot through the space-time of the Bleed ("last son of a dying planet") and that's why he ended up in caveman times (You see Lois' rocket in the background on the second-to-last page, after all), but it could simply be a byproduct of his experience with the Omega Sanction. Shilo Norman didn't "revive" himself in the same time and place that he was hit with the OS, after all.
It will all probably be explained when Morrison returns to the Batverse sometime later this year.
4) Monitors are gone for good into the Overvoid (the "blank page" in Morrisonese), which in comic book terms means just until someone with clout decides that they should come back.
cool, thanks. and i really enjoyed everything so much more the second time around. i suggest others to try reading it all at once in the suggested morrison reading order.
No prob. Oh, and for the added last question...
5) I believe that Ray imprinting the entire Earth with the Metron symbol, along with Darkseid himself dying, was slowly freeing people from Anti-Life. Eventually everyone was freed, but Wonder Woman was one of the first.