BvS Jesse Eisenberg IS Lex Luthor - - Part 11

He didn't deserve it Enchantress On the other hand is winner. But Oscar nominated Jesse Eisenberg sounds better for a razzie.

Halle Berry is an Oscar winner. She still deserved her Razzie for Catwoman. Eisenberg deserves his for his awful cheesy performance as Luthor.

For me....Eisenberg's performance was one of the worst things about BvS....so I think he deserves the razzie for it. His performance absolutely made the movie less enjoyable to me.

Halle Berry is an Oscar winner. She still deserved her Razzie for Catwoman. Eisenberg deserves his for his awful cheesy performance as Luthor.

Worst than Enchantress with that weird thing she was doing with her hips lol wtf was that

I'm not entirely sure if his performance is the result of just bad acting or if it was just the writing and he performed it to the letter. The reality is that it's both, combined with the direction. A performance in a film is never just the result of the actor alone.

Yeah, good on Razzie for this one. SO MUCH of BvS could have been solved with a better villain / Lex Luthor character. Eisenberg isn't the sole problem with BvS, but he is easily the clearest. The mere thought that WB execs were on board with his portrayal shows how out of touch and perhaps toxic the creative team is behind these movies.
Eisenberg played a character that was almost totally foreign from the source material. Instead, it was text book hammy comic book villain stuff from the 90s. Over acted, poorly conceived, poorly executed, nearly without a redeeming value.

And the worst thing about it... Lex Luthor isn't even a hard character. The world is primed to hate a wealthy billionaire capitalist who manipulates the system. That's a villain we can love to hate! For goodness sakes, he's the most down-to-earth villain of the DC franchise, and they can't even take this low hanging fruit?

...And all of sudden, you start to second guess this whole thing. Woa, woa, woa...hold up. We've got a Superman with no leadership qualities so far, a Batman that kills, and a whiny neurotic baby, Lex Luthorl... I'm just saying, there's a whole lot of talk from the creative team about respect for the source material, but then a bunch of actions that demonstrate an embarrassment of that source material. This is one of them.

Would comic book fans have thrown Doomsday into this film? Would creative folks trying to make the best movie put Doomsday into this movie? Would folks who care about the characters title the film Batman VERSUS Superman? No, business executives do that sort of thing... follow the formula. There's still toys to sell.

Oh you have a white guy genius villain... oh don't worry, we have a model for that. Oh, that's now how the character usually is? Don't worry about it; this is what testing shows is best. Oh hey, we need 12% comedy our poll says... let's just put some jolly ranchers in this scene with Lex Luthor.

They still have a chance to make things better, and they can start with Jesse. Go back to the drawing board. BvS gave you the chance to reset. Rethink the character. Lex Luthor, post jail... time to get back to basics... and please, no more wacky bombastic flash gordon crap!

Last edited:
Worst than Enchantress with that weird thing she was doing with her hips lol wtf was that

Worse than Enchantress. That actress was buried in CGI and had her voice modulated. It was barely a performance. Eisenberg was full on acting ham.

I generally like Eisenberg, but this win was well deserved.

Worst version of Lex that I've seen or read.

[YT]pFvIdTbaMhA[/YT]

Wanted Heisenberg, got Eisenberg and not even good Eisenberg ala Social Network or Zombieland. :(

Yeah, but at least she was schlock in a movie that was all around schlock. She was bad, terrible even, but in a way that blended into the movie.

Whereas BvS, the rest of the movie is desperately trying to be serious and deep and grim. . . and then in comes Lex. He's bad, really bad, but he's also really bad in a way that clashes with everything else in the movie.

Yeah man. He's in a Shumacher movie in his mind. Makes no sense.

Yeah, good on Razzie for this one. SO MUCH of BvS could have been solved with a better villain / Lex Luthor character. Eisenberg isn't the sole problem with BvS, but he is easily the clearest. The mere thought that WB execs were on board with his portrayal shows how out of touch and perhaps toxic the creative team is behind these movies.
Eisenberg played a character that was almost totally foreign from the source material. Instead, it was text book hammy comic book villain stuff from the 90s. Over acted, poorly conceived, poorly executed, nearly without a redeeming value.

And the worst thing about it... Lex Luthor isn't even a hard character. The world is primed to hate a wealthy billionaire capitalist who manipulates the system. That's a villain we can love to hate! For goodness sakes, he's the most down-to-earth villain of the DC franchise, and they can't even take this low hanging fruit?

...And all of sudden, you start to second guess this whole thing. Woa, woa, woa...hold up. We've got a Superman with no leadership qualities so far, a Batman that kills, and a whiny neurotic baby, Lex Luthorl... I'm just saying, there's a whole lot of talk from the creative team about respect for the source material, but then a bunch of actions that demonstrate an embarrassment of that source material. This is one of them.

Would comic book fans have thrown Doomsday into this film? Would creative folks trying to make the best movie put Doomsday into this movie? Would folks who care about the characters title the film Batman VERSUS Superman? No, business executives do that sort of thing... follow the formula. There's still toys to sell.

Oh you have a white guy genius villain... oh don't worry, we have a model for that. Oh, that's now how the character usually is? Don't worry about it; this is what testing shows is best. Oh hey, we need 12% comedy our poll says... let's just put some jolly ranchers in this scene with Lex Luthor.

They still have a chance to make things better, and they can start with Jesse. Go back to the drawing board. BvS gave you the chance to reset. Rethink the character. Lex Luthor, post jail... time to get back to basics... and please, no more wacky bombastic flash gordon crap!
Step-Brothers-Did-we-just-become-best-friends.gif

Worse than Enchantress. That actress was buried in CGI and had her voice modulated. It was barely a performance. Eisenberg was full on acting ham.[/QUOTE

Well that's your opinion, to me I'm perfectly fine with Jesse's performance in fact I thought it was great. They wanted him to be mad scientist Lex, and I thought he nailed it. He wasn't the cool, and calm collect Lex that's been popular since the 1980's and understand people's disappointment with that.

Jesse Eisenberg played evil Jesse Eisenberg and it sucked.

For me....Eisenberg's performance was one of the worst things about BvS....so I think he deserves the razzie for it. His performance absolutely made the movie less enjoyable to me.

I feel the same way. Eisenberg's performance made the movie less enjoyable to me.

It is a shame because I think Eisenberg has a good Lex Luthor performance in him but how his character was written and played in this movie wasn't very good in my opinion.

Well that's your opinion, to me I'm perfectly fine with Jesse's performance in fact I thought it was great. They wanted him to be mad scientist Lex, and I thought he nailed it. He wasn't the cool, and calm collect Lex that's been popular since the 1980's and understand people's disappointment with that.
You can be a mad scientist and not act like you're auditioning for the 60's Batman series.

Last edited:
You can be a mad scientist and not act like you're auditioning for the 60's Batman series.

Exactly. Eisenberg's 'mad scientist' would have been right at home as a Joel Schumacher Batman villain.

Saying "he was written to be a mad scientist so he nailed it", is like looking at any Marvel or DC "mad scientist" character and expecting them to play it like a campy twirling mustache villain. So if say Hugo Strange, the mad scientist interpretation, was used in the Nolanverse or Snyderverse...and the actor played it straight. Paradox1, would you be like "nah man he didn't nail it. That's not how a mad scientist should act. He should be stuttering, waving his arms around, twitching, doing hiccup noises?"

If you don't agree with my opinion it's all good but your not gonna shame me into changing my mind,lol.

Last edited:
My main problem with Lex was that everytime he spoke....all I could think was "who wrote this ****e?"

So I don't really blame Jesse for Lex's disappointment. The one scene were the dialogue was not unbearable (the roof scene with Lois and Clark), Jesse was quite good.

The razzies are a load of ****e as far as I'm concerned but I can't deny Lex was a lowlight on film in 2016.

Lex was the worst performance in BvS. The approach belonged in another movie.

Lex was the worst performance in BvS. The approach belonged in another movie.

Yup like Jim Carey taking to Val Kilmer in Forever. It's like carrey walked into a the wrong set, just like Eisenberg when he was in scenes with affleck and cavill. Just truly bizarre choices that completely blew up in their faces.

The reason I like Jesse in this movie it depicts someone to me that is high functioning,extremely intelligent but with a mental illness. I did a clinical rotation in a mental ward a long time ago, this Lex luthor wouldn't feel out of place in the way he acts there. Many of them have issues with the simple social conventions we take for granted like personal space. Putting the jolly rancher in that senator's face clear example of not caring or not understanding socially this is unacceptable. His rambling at the party depicted a man that I felt was smart but had a million things going through his head at once. In my experience people who are intelligent combined with mental illness have a hard time expressing themselves. That is however what is great about art some of you based on your experiences saw it one way I saw it another and nobody is wrong in that.

His evil plan involved urinating in someone's mug, stuffing jolly ranchers down someone's throat, passing mean notes to bats and supes, and creating a monster to destroy his own city.

Yup Razzie deserved. And to everyone who thinks Marvel has a Villain problem, I present the DCEU with Zod, Eisen-Lex, Doomsday, Enchantress, Incubus, and Leto-Joker.

His evil plan involved urinating in someone's mug, stuffing jolly ranchers down someone's throat, passing mean notes to bats and supes, and creating a monster to destroy his own city.

Yup Razzie deserved. And to everyone who thinks Marvel has a Villain problem, I present the DCEU with Zod, Eisen-Lex, Doomsday, Enchantress, Incubus, and Leto-Joker.

:lmao:

Spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"