JLA vs. The X-men

Originally posted by Varient
Every other marvel super team,..I agree,...Toast.

I doubt the JLA could defeat Warlock and the Infinity Watch. Thanos alone could probably beat the JLA.

Interesting thread... I just came in here for the first time. :)

If Jean Gray had her Phoenix power, and you're adding Magneto then the X-men would take them. You wouldn't even need any of the other members.

Take those two out, and probably JLA would win.

Although Logan would kill Auqaman and Green Arrow in a heartbeat.

why would a villain be added? If you add Magneto, then why not start adding JLA villains?

Also, I think GL is being underestimated here.

Magneto isn't really a villian, he's fought with and against Xavier.

GL is vulnerable to phychic attacks from Phoenix, and she could use her telekenesis to remove his ring, then it's game over.

GL's being thought of just fine given the way he's written in his own title. Kyle doesn't even begin to use the ring to its full potential. You'd think an artist would be more creative. :o

Anyway, Magneto had a brief stint where he joined the X-Men and led the New Mutants. Outside of that, instances of his working with the X-Men have been rare while instances of his fighting with the X-Men as if they were the bitterest of rivals have been very, very many. Last I checked, Wolverine never gutted anyone he'd consider a friend on purpose, and that's how the last Magneto arc ended. I think it's safe to assume he's considered a villain.

Originally posted by Tony Stark
and she could use her telekenesis to remove his ring, then it's game over.

GL could control his ring no matter where it is, he doesn't need to have it on.

POWER OF A GOD .....PHOENIX RAW POWER TO OBLITERATE TH ENTIRE UNIVERSE , NUFF SAID ...
MAGNETO AND PROFESSOR X TOGETHER WOULD WIPE OUT HALF THE TEAM ALONE . NOT TO MENTION ROGUE WOLVIE COLOSSUS ETC ETC

I agree Thanos, Phoenix could wipe out the whole lot, by herself. As a matter of fact Dark Phoenix did destroy the entire Marvel Universe in a "What If..." book.

If this were the original X-men team, without Proffesor X, they'd get their butts kicked. Although those early teenage X-men held their own against the Avengers in an early episode.

Bottom line Phoenix + Magneto = BYE BYE JLA!!!

WHEN U HAVE PHOENIX WHOS POWER DID RIVAL GALACTUS'S POWER BELIEVE IT OR NOT ....SHE HAD ENOUGH RAW POWER TO CONSUME GALAXIES , AND EVENTUALLY THE UNIVERSE . GALACTUS EVEN WHEN HE CONSUMES PLANETS FOR ENERGY HAS TO TAKE TIME TO DO SO , OR USE HIS MACHINES TO SPEED THE PROCESS UP .PHOENIX DIDNT WORK THAT SLOW . PHOENIX AT A SNAP OF THE FINGER TOSSED AROUND THE ENTIRE SHIAR IMPERIAL GUARD , INCLUDING GLADIATOR ( WHO IS MARVELS SUPERMAN)
U THINK SHE CAN DO THE SAME TO SUPERMAN HIMSELF ? WHAT U THINK ?HMMMMMMMMMM YES

ALONG WITH PROFESSOR X AND MAGNETO , ESP MAGS PROTECTING PROF X WHILE HE DOES HIS MIND CONTROL WORK , IT WOULDNT B TOO HARD TO HIT THE BIG JLA HITTERS FIRST . WIPE OUT FLASH N WITH SUPES DOWN U HAVE THE SPEED CUT DOWN BIG TIME . WOLVERINE GAMBIT ICEMAN ROGUE COLOSSUS FOR CLEAN UP . THE XMEN TEAM CAN DEF WIN THIS ONE ..... OF COURSE ITS WHO STRIKES WHO FIRST .
IF JLA CAN GET FLASH TO HIT PROF X IN THE HEAD WITH A BRICK BEFORE ANYONE CAN PROTECT HIM THEN MAYBE THEY DO HAVE A CHANCE ...BUT ILL PICK THE XMEN CUZ OF RAW MIND CONTROL N GODLIKE COSMIC POWER . BOTH OF WHICH JLA DOES NOT HAVE .

thanos27 , please look at your keyboard , see that button that with the letter "A" , now press the button to the left. Thank you.

OUTSIDERZ GET A LIFE LOSER EITHER HAVE SOEMTHING TO CONTRIBUTE OR DONT SAY NOTHING PUNK

Originally posted by thanos27
OUTSIDERZ GET A LIFE LOSER EITHER HAVE SOEMTHING TO CONTRIBUTE OR DONT SAY NOTHING PUNK

Wow, those are some pretty strong words. But I guess that can be expected from the 27th Clone of the original Thanos. :)

I think the point Outsiderz was getting at, is that it is HARD to read your post when it's written in all CAPITAL LETTERS.

i'd say , JLA would win if they also include both all inactive & resigned member in both party.

most people think that GL kyle would be easily beaten down, but the fact is - i'm sorry to say , he could defeated & prevent himself from telepathic power coz the rings he wear is not those crappy kinds but the powerfull weapon in the universe.for kyle , he always have a chance to defeat phoenix or magneto of prof. x
coz he can protect telephatic powers by using his ring as a shield and as for magneto , all he can took from gl is his mask coz his mask coz his mask is a metal plate but not his power and for sure gl kyle is not that easily to be defeated is not just because he's gl but a creative artist who can imagined how to survive.

i guess no one mention about J'onn J'onnz,i say he's a martian and also have the psychic ability, but don't look down on this guy coz he's ain't a human & he's maybe even stronger than anyone would expect.

batman fighting wolvie, batman got the chance to beat him down coz in this match is not just about skills but also about brains & brauns (sorry if the spelling is wrong). if battie knows wolvie is coming, he would win but , there's a but , wolvie is unpredictable. i say this match would be a draw match.

about aquaman, it's hard to give an explaination coz i don't have the source for the guy, but flash, his speed is strenght but i don't know about his mind.

to know more about gl abilities, just go search for one.

as for magneto , all he can took from gl is his mask coz his mask coz his mask is a metal plate but not his power

Kyle is human and therefore requires oxygen. Magneto could shutoff the blood supply to his head through the iron in his blood.

Can't Kyle's ring negate Magneto's power, though? He puts up a forcefield around himself to survive in space with the ring, so wouldn't that protect him from Magneto's powers, too?

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
Can't Kyle's ring negate Magneto's power, though? He puts up a forcefield around himself to survive in space with the ring, so wouldn't that protect him from Magneto's powers, too?

Probably, though I think mags would use GL's own mask to crush his skull:D

Kyle's mask isn't that big crab metal one anymore, and it's generated by his ring anyway.

Professor X would not be able to control the Flash because his mind is too fast for him. This is why Flash can stand against telepaths like Gorilla Grodd.
Not too long ago, the Thinker took over Wally's mind and Wally overloaded him.

Originally posted by Lackey
Kyle's mask isn't that big crab metal one anymore, and it's generated by his ring anyway.

Professor X would not be able to control the Flash because his mind is too fast for him. This is why Flash can stand against telepaths like Gorilla Grodd.
Not too long ago, the Thinker took over Wally's mind and Wally overloaded him.

He wouldn't have to control it, he would just shut it down:o

Now you've done it.

(Without preptime.)

Why do we encounter phoenix, and not just jean grey. That seems kinda stupid.
Why don't we also consider, GreenLantern as ION (haha), or WonderWoman as a godess, or Superman a la conclusion to our worlds at war?

I think everyone is forgetting J'onn, his telepathic ability is atleast in Prof X's class.
Terror in Cognita anyone? Why is it only white martians are so stong while martian manhunter is never mentioned.
I'm guessing J'onn could do it by himself.

Maybe GL could trap everyone in a huge bubble and Supes could throw it into the sun before anyone blinks.

Ever see a sholin monk take out a big guy with swords, well thats Bats on Wolverine. Not to mention the gadgets.

With three superspeedsters on the team, it would be interesting.

Iceman vs GL would also be interesting.

wonderwoman vs rogue (who can't steal magical powers)

just consider it.

Originally posted by Marvin
Why do we encounter phoenix, and not just jean grey. That seems kinda stupid.
Why don't we also consider, GreenLantern as ION (haha), or WonderWoman as a godess, or Superman a la conclusion to our worlds at war?
Maybe because . . . those were all previous incarnations of those characters that are now done and gone, whereas the Phoenix Force has been showing itself more and more in Jean lately? Just a thought . . .
wonderwoman vs rogue (who can't steal magical powers)
Hmm, that's interesting. I've never thought of whether or not Rogue could absorb the powers of someone whose power source is magic. I don't know whether she can or not . . . Hopefully someone else here has a theory.

MAGNETO WOULD CRUSH GREEN LANTERNS LUNGS IN WHILE DEPELETING THEM OF OXYGEN. PHOENIX WOULD RIP INTO SUPERMAN HARD SHOWING NO MERCY LIKE SHE DID TO THE ENTIRE IMPERIAL GUARD INCLUDING GLADIATOR , WHIPING THEM OUT IN A SECOND . PROF X WOULD TAKE OUT MARTIAN MANHUNTER , N U GOT YOUR TOP 3 BIG GUNS DOWN . FLASH WOULD B THE HARDEST TO HIT NEXT . IF PROF X CAN TAKE HIM OUT FIRST IM SURE HE WOULD . OR MAYBE PHOENIX WOULD JUST TELEPORT HIM TO SPACE WHERE HE WOULD CROAK LIKE A FISH OUT OF WATER . MIND CONTROL RULES OVER SPEED

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
Maybe because . . . those were all previous incarnations of those characters that are now done and gone, whereas the Phoenix Force has been showing itself more and more in Jean lately? Just a thought . . .

Hmm, that's interesting. I've never thought of whether or not Rogue could absorb the powers of someone whose power source is magic. I don't know whether she can or not . . . Hopefully someone else here has a theory.

If jean is as strong as "Ion" (Ion is stronger), why does the X-men comic still work? How do they even have revalent villians?
Enough with this pheonix crap. Unless your ready to fight the JLA at their peek.

Manhunter could wipe out the X-men.
So could Supes, consider he went full out with all his powers.
Flash could ***** slap them all 20 times before a pico second passed.

Who on the X-men could physically hurt Superman?

Originally posted by Marvin
If jean is as strong as "Ion" (Ion is stronger), why does the X-men comic still work? How do they even have revalent villians?

I'm wondering that too. I'm sure she has the "potential" to be very powerful, but I don't think she's always at peak. I know the last two times she has appeared in Uncanny, she was taken care of very easily.
But all I read is Uncanny, so I don't know about the other one's... if someone who does can answer the questions above?

And no sense in bringing Ion into this debate since he could take care of every Marvel superhero there is, X-Men or not, in the blink of an eye... yes, even the great Phoenix.

This battle would certainly be more interesting than JLA versus Avengers, I think.
...and if the JLA have a fault, it would be that they would try to talk things out at first and not use deadly force.

If the JLA had no regard for the X-men's lives, then they would definitely win... but that's not the JLA :)

Well, I only started reading New X-Men a few months ago, but in the time I've been reading, Emma Frost was shattered into a bunch of tiny pieces while in her new diamond form. Beast managed to collect most, if not all, of the pieces and was about to start trying to piece her back together when Jean sensed something in the pieces and managed to not only rearrange the pieces into Emma's cohesive, whole body again, but animate the body enough for Emma to scream the name of her "killer" before collapsing again. I'm not sure how extensive the damage really was to Emma or if she would've reawakened on her own if Beast had fit the pieces together correctly, but that's the most impressive thing I've seen Jean do with her returning Phoenix power. I don't think she's anywhere near as strong as the original Phoenix was, though.

Lackey: Are you implying that the X-Men would enter into the conflict with a "kill first, ask questions later" mentality? Because if so, I think you're confusing Wolverine with the entire team. He's a minority and neither Cyclops nor Nightcrawler (the current leaders of the X-Men) would allow someone to just hop in there and kill an enemy in cold blood, unless the enemy posed so great an immediate threat that there was no other option, as in the case of their last fight with Magneto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"