JMS no longer Marvel exclusive

Damn, I apologize again.

JOE QUESADA IS A SVELDT AMAZING EIC, AND JMS IS TELLING THE TRUTH 100%.

Wow, I'm sorry that slipped again.

Oeming would be an excellent replacement. Fraction's good, but he seems to have some different tastes than I do. Punisher War Journal has gone from crap to good and apparently back to crap with the last issue.

Of course, Walter Simonson would always be welcome if he's got time outside of that World of Warcraft comic. ;)

That would be sweet, having Walt back for awhile in this new Asgard.
Haven't read to much of Fractions work yet, having to wait for Ages to come out in April. Tho from what I read in that interview, he wouldn't be all that bad.
I want to know what Omeing thinks of THIS Thor, we really haven't heard from Mike in awhile, not even on the Thor boards. It Makes me wonder what he's up too.

Damn, I apologize again.

JOE QUESADA IS A SVELDT AMAZING EIC, AND JMS IS TELLING THE TRUTH 100%.

Wow, I'm sorry that slipped again.

I'm just saying, his weight has nothing to do with him being a terrible EIC.

And does his being a terrible EIC have to do with Marvel dominating the sales charts every month?

Dude american idol is an incredibly popular show while arrested development was cancelled, being popular with the masses and producing a good product are two very different things.

American Idol has never been popular with me MD. So far I think JMS is doing a good job story wise, but it is SLOW.

Yeah, but as EiC, his job is to sell comics.

Not disagreeing there, he's definately pumping out events and shocking enough people to keep them buying, but I'm reminded of another time when this trendy style of selling constant crossovers and rejuvenizing "stale" characters ended up biting all comic producers in the ass and I think people like Joey were brought on to right the course.

Dude american idol is an incredibly popular show while arrested development was cancelled, being popular with the masses and producing a good product are two very different things.

I really don't know who should be the judge of what a good product is other than the people the product is intended for, them being "the masses".

"American Idol" is outlasting a lot of shows that I love, but remember, we're comic book nerds. Obviously, our tastes are different from the mainstream public and even different from each others.

JMS not being exclusive to Marvel is fine for me. For someone to choose not to be exclusive to a publishing company says a lot for their level of success, since he'll be without the benefits going exclusive offers. Any way, I hope I see him write some good stories elsewhere, while still freelancing for Marvel.

And I really enjoyed his run on Spider-Man. I didn't much like "Sins Past" nor the conclusion of the "Totem" storyline, but it was JMS on ASM that got me through high school.

The man's got my respect.

American Idol has never been popular with me MD. So far I think JMS is doing a good job story wise, but it is SLOW.

I should hope not, but the point is the trendy buying public loves that gimicky crap until something new and shinier comes along. Unfortunately if you try to market to them you might get massive sales for a while but once it becomes standard and that fickle lot leaves you've managed to piss off your base fans to the point you're now left with less than you started. It's short term fast growth vs. long term consistant growth, and the short term is much easier to accomplish.

Personally I think JMS is a very good writer, everyone drops the ball now and again, but overall I like his work.

I really don't know who should be the judge of what a good product is other than the people the product is intended for, them being "the masses".

"American Idol" is outlasting a lot of shows that I love, but remember, we're comic book nerds. Obviously, our tastes are different from the mainstream public and even different from each others.

JMS not being exclusive to Marvel is fine for me. For someone to choose not to be exclusive to a publishing company says a lot for their level of success, since he'll be without the benefits going exclusive offers. Any way, I hope I see him write some good stories elsewhere, while still freelancing for Marvel.

And I really enjoyed his run on Spider-Man. I didn't much like "Sins Past" nor the conclusion of the "Totem" storyline, but it was JMS on ASM that got me through high school.

The man's got my respect.

You have a point, though you have to agree that most creations considered classics rarely get mass appeal initially (shakespeare being the one exception I can think of). Lit., art, movies can be michael bay'd into big money winers and in that respect they hit the mark but no one's going to be putting them in the category of the great works once the trends have played out. So it depends on what you want out of you creation, to make a quick buck and be quickly forgotten or for it to be talked about and debated and loved long after you're dead and forgotten.

Most often brilliance in anything isn't understood by anyone except a select few "nerds" until eventually and gradually people come around to understand and appreciate it. Personally I'd rather be in that nerd camp that recognized and fought for greatness over the salivating chants of the masses asking only for a momentary shock before moving onto whatever MTV tells them they should be following now.

JMS is a good writer, I don't know why everyone on the internet is going all "Oh noes!1111 Not DC@!11" He's not Bruce Jones, he's not Chuck Austen. Get over the whole Spider-Man thing, he had two bad arcs in an otherwise unheard of and excellent run on the title.

2 bad arcs? sins past,OMD and BND,the other, back in black, Ezekiel (premise..didn't lead to anywhere)....yeah his run on the title has been pretty damn mediocre. his saving grace was the 9/11 issue.

Yeah, but as EiC, his job is to sell comics.
But not insult those making the comics sell. Dude granted the Thor book is slow, you don't ride the person making the book a seller if it's selling great.

2 bad arcs? sins past,OMD and BND,the other, back in black, Ezekiel (premise..didn't lead to anywhere)....yeah his run on the title has been pretty damn mediocre. his saving grace was the 9/11 issue.

And with that, GAH has cemented how correct I really am. Sorry Doc.

Mature. As always.

And I apologize for not liking a writer. I'll try to refrain from having my own opinions from now on. How dare I not like something the mindless masses with 2 brain cells adored?

Oh wait, they didn't. People have been complaining about how awful ASM was for a loooong time. But hell, I'll eat up that crap for you real good!

I like that you both claim to be boldly standing against the popular tide and a the exact same time claim said tide's support to validate your choices.

Don't think about that too hard now, you might hurt yourself.

And with that, GAH has cemented how correct I really am. Sorry Doc.

only thing i cemented is how much of a ****** you really are. For all the accomplishments you've listed to JMS who you seem to be kissing ass pretty well, johns has had his share as well, yet you you still blast him..so tell me darth how is like in your hypocritical cesspool?

I like that you both claim to be boldly standing against the popular tide and a the exact same time claim said tide's support to validate your choices.

Don't think about that too hard now, you might hurt yourself.

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

only thing i cemented is how much of a ****** you really are. For all the accomplishments you've listed to JMS who you seem to be kissing ass pretty well, johns has had his share as well, yet you you still blast him..so tell me darth how is like in your hypocritical cesspool?

I bash as I see fit GAH, and I have always praised Johns GOOD work. Hell, I've said many times how much I'm loving his current Action Comics arc. So really, I don't see how you of all people can come in here and call me a hypocrite.

I should hope not, but the point is the trendy buying public loves that gimicky crap until something new and shinier comes along. Unfortunately if you try to market to them you might get massive sales for a while but once it becomes standard and that fickle lot leaves you've managed to piss off your base fans to the point you're now left with less than you started. It's short term fast growth vs. long term consistant growth, and the short term is much easier to accomplish.

Personally I think JMS is a very good writer, everyone drops the ball now and again, but overall I like his work.

Quesada has been EIC for close to 8 years now. I don't think you can keep pulling the "short term growth" card anymore.

Quesada has been EIC for close to 8 years now. I don't think you can keep pulling the "short term growth" card anymore.

yeah and marvel's steadily gotten better by distancing themselves from events and getting back to character driven storylines and fresh ideas (marvel knights, ultimate line), but now they're starting to really churn out the tie in event of the week and remaking it's core characters to satisfy the tastes of these new younger viewers. If only they could bring on Liefield to give the new cap some nipples.... I mean none of the current trends and nifty gimicks remind you of the mistakes of the past? If not (and I know they don't) then what's around the corner is gonna really shock the crap out of you. Bubbles pop, ask those internet millionaires picking up cans on the street today.

yeah and marvel's steadily gotten better by distancing themselves from events and getting back to character driven storylines and fresh ideas (marvel knights, ultimate line), but now they're starting to really churn out the tie in event of the week and remaking it's core characters to satisfy the tastes of these new younger viewers. If only they could bring on Liefield to give the new cap some nipples.... I mean none of the current trends and nifty gimicks remind you of the mistakes of the past? If not (and I know they don't) then what's around the corner is gonna really shock the crap out of you. Bubbles pop, ask those internet millionaires picking up cans on the street today.

To be fair, all that is happening industry wide. I mean, even Top Cow is having crossovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"