John Krasinski and Emily Blunt find A Quiet Place

Wasn't Krasinski having a dispute with Paramount over the first film? I remember hearing that somewhere.

This was my first in-theater film since Onward. Worth it! My wife thought it was better than the first, I thought it was maybe a half step behind. Either way, John puts real craftsmanship on display. Millicent Simmonds and Cillian Murphy are stellar in their (well-written) roles. Great way to get back to the movies and kick off the summer!

Vu46j3F.jpg

A Quiet Place Part II

At the Movies with Kane and BN
4/5

Loved it, though it felt short and ending a bit abrupt. Worthy sequel and looking forward to Part III.

Other than Cillian Murphy essentially being a character swap, I enjoyed this as much as the first. Looking forward to the third.

I guess kinda, but I liked that the way his character started was in a completely different place and he needed some chipping away to come around.

I guess kinda, but I liked that the way his character started was in a completely different place and he needed some chipping away to come around.
Absolutely. I'm a sucker for that kind of character and I liked Murphy in the role.

I think I actually enjoyed this a little more than the first one, tbh. They both had kinda abrupt endings that are my only minor quibbles, but that opening might be my favorite sequence from either film, I liked Millie taking center stage in this one, and Murphy's arc. Seeing it in Dolby was definitely the way to go, imo. :up:

Now that was a great/worthy a follow-up and I wish Part III was coming out as soon as next year, because just like the first movie by the time it got to the end I am still left wanting so much more.

Paramount really has something special here and I really hope it doesn't get screwed up or tainted like so many other franchises nowadays, but one more movie shouldnt hurt.

So many good, suspenseful moments in this, but I really loved the third act of this movie which had plenty of badassery on display from Cillian Murphy, Millicent Simmonds, Emily Blunt and even Noah Jupe.

Kudos to John Krasinski who is definitely a legit, talented director.

Do we have to spoiler tag in here?
For plot specifics, we usually prefer people spoiler tag for at least the first few weeks of release. Longer if it's something that not everyone has a chance to see right away.

I saw this today, my first post-pandemic theater experience since seeing Onward in March of last year and I have to say that this was the perfect first film back. I thought for the most part, it was an improvement over the first.

Spoiler territory:

I usually complain about films being too long but this is the first time in a while that I've felt a film was too short. This easily could have tacked on another 30-40 minutes. I was expecting a Mars Attacks-style ending with military/civilians driving around using the frequency noise to help kill the creatures but I suppose they're saving that for Part III.

The opening scene was great, if only to see John Krasinski back for five minutes. He was missed in this one but I really liked Cillian Murphy's character. Him teaming up with the daughter totally gave me The Last of Us vibes, especially when they encountered that group at the docks. I also liked that there were more cringe moments in this one. The bear trap moment made the nail on the stairs scene from the first one look like nothing.

The one thing I really didn't like was that yet again, Djimon Hounsou was wasted in a minor role. There really was no need for his character to be killed off.

Well worth the long wait to finally see it.

Bit bummed that it's going to be a spin-off and not about the Abbott family.

Bit bummed that it's going to be a spin-off and not about the Abbott family.
Agreed. I don't think that'll go over too well with audiences. I'm all for spinoff films or even a show set in this universe but I'd prefer they get the main story out of the way first. ESPECIALLY since those kids aren't getting any younger.

I still find it kind of weird that I like the first film even though the monsters and, as a consequence of that, many scenes make no sense whatsoever. I guess it's the family aspect that makes it work.

Oddly enough it's that lack of making sense that's making me not go out of my way to watch the sequel, even though the first one made me see past that for the most part.

Saw it today, a very worthy follow-up! 8/10 for me, maybe even 9/10. Krasinski is a really good director. You could really tell he poured his heart into this movie, with all of the callbacks to the original. I think I'd say this hit a little more on the emotion than the first one too. And the sound & music was on point yet again. Can't wait for a sequel!

One thing I really, really want to see in the sequel that I hope this movie hinted at:
Sonic guns w/ flippin' amplifiers. 'Nuff said. :p

Saw this last night and thought it was fantastic. Was really tired going into the cinema and was worried I would fall asleep but this movie just grabs you from the opening scene and doesn't let go.

Absolutely fantastic stuff from Krasinski and the superb cast and a sequel that actually builds on and adds to the superb original. 9/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"