• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

John Krasinski and Emily Blunt find A Quiet Place

I'm bummed this keeps getting pushed back but I get it. Even though I think this would actually do really well on VOD since the first one had such favorable reviews.

Were you in the theatre for the first film? Such a fun experience with the silence. It's such a big audience movie because of how quiet it is. I can see why they're not dumping it yet. The movie doesn't play as well at home, at least for me.

Yeah at home you know you'll be quiet. With others you're all required to shut up.

From what I recall this was getting good reviews just as it was due to be released previously, so it’s a bummer we have to wait longer now but yes, the cinema experience for the first movie was great.

The theater situation should be a lot better by September.

Makes sense. The world, especially with these variants, isn't going to magically be back to normal. Might be something a bit better than now, but nowhere near what it was in the before times. Best to keep it in theaters for as briefly as possible, and then just put it on the streaming service where people skittish about going outside can just watch it at home.

Makes sense. The world, especially with these variants, isn't going to magically be back to normal. Might be something a bit better than now, but nowhere near what it was in the before times. Best to keep it in theaters for as briefly as possible, and then just put it on the streaming service where people skittish about going outside can just watch it at home.

I mentioned in the Mission: Impossible 7 thread, but what if it ends up with great legs at the box office ala the first one. Will they really cut it after 45 days or extend it depending on how well it's doing?

Only in theaters huh? I'm tempted.

I can't wait, I'm fully vaxxed and it's coming out around my birthday.

So end of this month. That means they need to ramp up marketing yesterday.

They should move it up to May 21, it's wide open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"