The Dark Knight John Travolta for Dent

Newbie#1

Civilian
Reaction score
I just finshed watching "Face off" and I really like his preformance doing both good and evil characters. I think he can really work. what do you guys think?

Newbie#1 said:
I just finshed watching "Face off" and I really like his preformance doing both good and evil characters. I think he can really work. what do you guys think?

No thanks. I liked Face/Off too, but I think he overacts in 99% of all his scenes. Plus I think he is too old. I want a Dent around the age of Batman, maybe a little older, but he is in his fifties already.

I just saw The Punisher and a big

NO

for Travs.

LOL. That's just goofy.

I got no problem with Travolta, he's a better actor than he ought to be, but I still don't take him seriously. I need the actor who plays Dent to be somebody I can take seriously.

John%20Barbarino%20Travolta.jpg

"lyke oh mah gad, he totally splashed acid in mah face!"

With some actors, whether they can act or not, all I see is the person, not the act. Thats the case with John Travolta, Tom Cruise is like that too. That would really bug me in any of the upcoming sequels to BB. Travolta's career seriously needs to go into hibernation. Since "Pulp Fiction" its been one lame flick after another reminding us why his career went comatose after "Kotter."

Johhny T woulda been badass in his day,too old now.

is it just me or did he look like Seinfeld when he was young?.

Horror Business said:
"lyke oh mah gad, he totally splashed acid in mah face!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! I smell a parody. But yeah...no on Travolta. He is a mediocre actor who gets the salary of an amazing actor.

Yea, sure...I too loved Face Off but c'mon....enough with the big name stars to move a film franchise for Batman.
I dont want to see anyone that I've already seen a million times in other films let alone a big name. Bale was not exactly a house hold name...look at him now. That's the logic that should be followed for the next film. Enough with the 'hey, lets get the big name for that role!!!' and see another repeat of Arnold in B&R.
I consider Morgan Freemans role as supporting, and maybe even cameo 'at best'. Used to hold the reality world and Batmans world together and done so beautifully by an Oscar winning actor.
Roles of the villains 'TO ME' should be reserved to actors looking to make their mark, be passionate about the role and go into this knowing full well it could lead to huge open doors in Hollywood...rather than going into this thinking..."Well, OK...I'm here now...let's start filming and where the flock is my assistent with my coffee? I have to be at a brunch in 20Min so let's get the shoot over with."

Sorry, to me acting is 'still' a job, something people put effort into and I want to see an actor doing just that...ACTING!

David

Travolta is really good actor. He is great in Pulp Fiction and Face Off, but not this time.

His age isn't perfect for Dent's age. And he doesn't look good for this role.

Jackman is my choice.

No Travolta, please. :(
Even Gyllenhaal would be a better choice then.

I like Travolta, but no. Not right. The voice is all wrong.

Newbie#1 said:
cage was better at playing cassidy and troy and i would even say no to him.

They were both awesome.

Both wrong for Dent.

Cage is one of my favorite actors, and yes, he was better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"