John Woo's Seven Brothers

Midnyte_Sun

Medianoche de Sol
Reaction score
Is anybody reading these comics? Whats it about? I saw Volume II on sale and it looked interesting when I saw that Garth Ennis was the writer. Is it similar in theme to Korusawa's Seven Samurai?

Volume II is written by Ben Raab
Volume I is wirrten by Garth Ennis

From wiki:
Six hundred years ago, a mighty treasure fleet set out to sail the oceans of the world. They reached every continent, discovered every land long before history's great explorers stole the credit for their feats. Now, in modern day Los Angeles, seven men with nothing in common but their destinies are drawn together in the service of a mysterious young woman. An ancient prophecy must be fulfilled. Something terrible is reaching out across the centuries. There's a world to be saved... and the only hope for us all is a motley crew of so-called brothers and a power too terrifying to be used.

I see. Kind of cliche, but it sounds like it would make a good movie.

You're looking at the Hype!'s resident Virgin Comics reader.

I've read both volumes of John Woo's Seven Brothers. Not a bad series, if you're looking for something that could've been a nice action movie. I really dug the art in the first volume. Jeevan Kang draws an amazing background, and practically no panel is left empty. If you're into stories involving ancient magics, evil sorcerers, and destinies that involve long forgotten ancient Chinese ancestry, you'll like the first volume.

The second volume takes a weird sci-fi tangent, but is still pretty good. Not as good as the first volume, though.

Nothing like Seven Samurai, by the way.

Seems like they want this comic series to be a movie or something...I might still get into it..i'll wait until the entire series is over and see some reviews...then I'll judge whether its worth forking over the money.

Seems like they want this comic series to be a movie or something...I might still get into it..i'll wait until the entire series is over and see some reviews...then I'll judge whether its worth forking over the money.
Actually, the two volumes are two different mini-series. It kinda already ended. Twice.

Are the stories related? I just saw them on Amazon for only 12 bucks each...my comic shop wanted 20 bucks individully. I might buy em and read em on the plane when I go on vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"