Joker 2019 boxoffice predictions

from the other thread:

plus...

looks like its heading to a possible 90 million overseas this weekend according to deadline:
Joker Gets Serious With $25M Through Thursday Overseas; $90M+ Bow Ahead – Deadline

Last edited:
The Overseas numbers are also without France and Germany which will open October 10th.
Thats 2 of the biggest markets in Europe.

So im confident OS will sligthly outpace the US totals.

Both will be over $250 mil.

Im pretty sure $500 mil WW is guaranteed. Wouldnt be surprised with 600.

But for now im going with $565 mil WW. 275 US + 290 OS.

Did it best the opening weekend if Justice League? That would be awesome.

Did it best the opening weekend if Justice League? That would be awesome.

Not really. Got close though.

Justice League WW 3day opening weekend is around $253 mil.

Joker's $234 mil is missing 2 key markets (France and Germany) but the total consists of more than 3 days so when all the final numbers are available it will be something like $200-230 mil im guessing.

Not really. Got close though.

Justice League WW 3day opening weekend is around $253 mil.

Joker's $234 mil is missing 2 key markets (France and Germany) but the total consists of more than 3 days so when all the final numbers are available it will be something like $200-230 mil im guessing.

What about domestic?

What about domestic?

Its not clear yet. The total WW fell short but the US is neck and neck.

Justice League - $93,84 mil.
Joker - $93,5 mil but its still an estimate and will be adjusted by 1-3%.

Just monstrous numbers all around, although those OS numbers are truly shocking. This is shooting for something like $600-$700M WW which is insane for a R-rated film with no big special effects or action heavy sequences.

I'm very relieved to see that this is doing well. Joker is one of those rare characters who works more because of his modus operandi than because of concrete motivation. I don't mind admitting that I didn't have confidence in anyone that WB employed to give Joker a viable backstory. I hope this is a sign of things to come with DC live-action properties.

This is going to be Joaquins biggest movie. The Signs did 408mil WW and I can't see Joker not beating that.

Justice League taking another beating.

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"