The Dark Knight Joker Casting Threads [merged-30]

Status
Not open for further replies.

General_Grievous

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was wondering, if the Joker made it into a Begins sequel, who would be your choice of actor, and how should the Joker be portrayed on screen?

Would you like him to camp it up or to be really, REALLY dark?

And what should he wear, would a purple suit look right, and how should they implement the origin?

Go!

With all of the "Cast Joker" threads, this one actually asks some new questions. I like that.

I think we should stay away from camp, for the most part. This Joker has to be PURE EVIL. We want people to enjoy the fact that he IS The Clown Prince of Crime. He has to be purely ruthless, his jokes have to be more cruel than cute, and his eyes have to have the look of pure insanity...because that's what Joker is...he's insane.

Yeah, we love to laugh at him sometimes, and there would be moments to do that, but the heart of the character has to be of pure fear & hatred. It's ok to like him, but like him b/c he's evil and likes being evil, that's it.

I think a purple suit is something you can't touch...but I'd like to see a variation. He's always wearing straight purple with green & orange, maybe a bit of light blue. Nicholson's wore plaid, a fashion moment of the era. I'd be more interested in a fitted suit that was maybe black with purple pinstripes, or at least purple with black pinstripes. If the suit is all purple, which I think would be the way to go, as easily explained by the suit losing color dye when he falls in the vat of acid, I think a different color combo may work better, but I'm no fashion major. I just think he wouldn't wear orange and green silk. Nolan's Joker will probably be more realistic than that, don't you think?

As for his origin, I think they'll parallel his to Bruce's, to create the ultimate yin-yang relationship between the two; they're both the same, but made different choices. Burton tried this, but I think he failed. I don't know how Nolan will tell the origin any differently than Burton did, to be quite honest. Let's hear your thoughts.

Thank you for the support. I want to make this the sort of official Joker in Batman movies thread and I was fed up of all the silly "Jude Law as Joker" threads. I wanted one with substance.

Thanks for your cool response

I like Rayne's idea of "his suit losing colour in the acid, and not wearing silk" ...and i would be glad to make this "the official joker in batman" thread:). So here is my input.

I think that the joker should have a bit more crazed look to him. He could wear the purple suit, but not hav it so nice and clean. Maybe more blotchy and infected looking, (this could be the suit that he was wearing wen he fell into the chemicals, and he doesnt always hav to wear it, but in main scenes, so that its his trade mark, or goodluck charm or sumthing). It should be a little bit frayed, and look recked with some nics and scratches, and the colour should be a bit off and not perfectly STRAIGHT PURPLE (since it kinda got bleached in the acid).

Now for the actual JOKER!, i think a good take for the Joker would be (if anyone saw the short trailer "GRAYSON", i think the joker in that looks horrific:cool:, he is scary looking, but looks happy at the same time. Perfect combo. He has alot of rinkles, and saggy looking skin (cuz it got messed up in the chemical bath) and his eyes are very dark and evil looking. Kind of looks like he is sick or on drugs, becuz around his eyes are very dark. I beleive this would be the best look. SOrt of like the HUSH Joker, which looked creepy, disgusting, but funny. He should look terrifying, like a crazyed maniac (which he is).

AND AS FOR THR ORIGINS!

I would like to see the comedian origins. Therefore it DOES show his relation with Batman. He is a comedian, gets mixed up with the rong group. They kill his wife who is pregnant with his kid. This causes him to lose it, so the audience will feel sympathy for the character, THAN! he goes on a crime spree, batman shows up chucks him in the chemicals. AND THATS WHEN IT BEGINS!...this shows his transition from normal to insane. and if done right, you wil feel sorry for him at first, but than after he becomes joker, you will hate him, but also love him. LOVE HIM BECUZ HE IS SO EVIL! but really want batman to take him down at the same time.

IMO, this is how i would do the joker in a BB sequal (which i hope is the 3rd movie), so it can be like the finale, between the 2 greatest characters of all time:cool:

--dk7:)

Hmm...good ideas.

I think he should wear a purple suit but also have a long trench coat as well, maybe sprayed with blood, so that he can conceal his tommy gun.

He should have the hat as well.

In Batman '89, Jack's girlfriend was a model so I suppose he would have a lot of dodgy outfits in his wardrobe, hence his bright purple suit and silk shirts!

Just take that suit and make it "real" and dirty.

Yup. Awsome, good points about why his suit was purple and silky:up:

But i must agree with the hat and trench coat, i forgot to mention them, because they are kind of a neccessity. But ya, he would definately need the trench and hat.:up:

--dk7

Yeah, in Batman '89 he seemed to be an arty-farty guy and I suppose he would have flamboyant clothes in his closet!

But I want a real, gritty, dark Joker in any new Batman film.

The Joker should have a long coat, cool hat and a long cane - that preferably be turned into a sword!

Ya, i think if the franchise continues, and Nolan is behind it. THat Joker will be awsome. Although i shouldn't make this judgement because I havent even seen BB. I can just tell its gonna be a good movie. I dont want to jynxe it. it may not be the best. But i think it should be the best yet. hopefully:)

--dk7

Yeah, I agree. It's time that Batman was taken back to his roots.

Anyway, gotta go. See ya tomorrow!

:up:

Joke0.bmp

I made this in paint (fast) anyone can save it and dress him.

i just hope the trademark joker lagh wont be fruity.....I want it piss my pants scary damn it.......

I would love to see a pure evil, and diabolical Joker on the big screen, if he is choosen next for the sequel. (I'd rather see other villian first.) But if they went with The Joker I like the look of him in the Batman Dead End Short Film:

030724joker.jpg

I think that is a great look with the straight jacket, but eventually get him out of the straight jacket and into the famous purple attire, but not a bright purple, more of a dark purple. And of course he would have to be insanely funny, not too campy or over the top, but just insane to the point where your like whoa, and it sends shivers down your spine when your watching him on the screen.

I am not really sure who I would go with for an actor on The Joker, I will get back to you on that one.

Great official Joker thread by the way.​

I like the CRAZY look of the dead end joker, but ther is something i dont like about him for some reason. His eyes are good, they need to be dark, hollow with CRAZY contacts.:up:

--dk7

first you can't change the joker look.....you can darken the green and purple but thats it.
as for style and character......well..i'd go for the look and feel of the killing joke

If anyone can get a screen cap of the Joker from Grayson. Than post it, I am having trouble finding the trailer. I can only find it on www.theforce.net but its not a quicktime or WMV file. Its a zip, and u need a program to unzip it. So either check out the trailer for yourselves if you havent already, or try to get Screen Cap the joker in the trailer. If anyone has another site where they can watch it on a quicktime or wmv format...let me know and i iwll gladly post a pic of the joker.:)

thanks

--dk7

I have no Winzip or PKZip so can not check it out, but I also like the Joker from The Killing Joke.

firstly, too bad he was already misused as the Riddler, but I still think Jim Carrey would've been an awesome Joker. I know I'll catch a lot of flack for that, but seriously think about it. take one part Riddler, one part his "Lemony Snicket" role, add a good script, and you can see where I'm going. but oh, well. never gonna happen.
As far as actually casting, I like Tim Roth, and Adriene Brody as suggestions. But here's a thought- how about John Turturo? He's a really good actor that can do diverse roles.
costume-go with the classic purple pinstripe suit. trench coat for out door scenes, but I'd like to see just one scene in the Alex Ross black and white tux. Dramatic.
and Dead End stlye make up.

I think the Jeph Loeb stuff is great material to work from when it comes to batman's villians. Linking over-the-top villians to real world crime works very well and I think handles the villians perfectly...the problem with the previous Batmans has been that the villian eventually steals the movie, and doesn't share it...these are some sketches....

Joker -- one of the hardest really in terms of believabilty, but fun in execution. They should make Joker an ex-mob enforcer whose gone CRACK after Falcone's indictment. In the movie, he should be played as a serial killer, who mutilates his victims face with cuts and grotesque paints -- and uses a nerve gas to paralyze them while he works. He is enlisted by a rival mob faction to take down what remains of Falcone's empire in Gotham -- since he knows the ins and out. While doing so, he takes on a personal envy over Batman, who must track him down and kill him.

first off, there's no reason to drastically change him from how he is in the comics...no origin (at least not yet, if the Batman series goes on like Bond is, do his origin Killing Joke style in like, the 8th movie or something), no ex-mob thing...he's crazy, but not babbling mad man crazy...he's a sociopath who realizes what he's doing it wrong and evil, but that's why he loves it...cause he thinks life is a big joke and death is the punchline...it's just that simple :o

I know its a longshot, but I like Depp for the role. Depending on how well Batman Begins does, it'll probably open the door for them to go with a marquee name and I think he's really the only A-list actor that could do the role justice.

I also like the Tim Roth suggestion, but not Brody or Turturo and definetly not Law.

I agree with everyone that it should be dark. I like the idea of him being a serial killer; kinda the hyper intellectual(SE7EN, SILENCE OF THE LAMBS) crossed with the aspects that really make him the Joker (i.e. the laugh, the clothing, etc). I don't like the idea of a mob connection or him having some huge plan to poison the city's water or something like that. He's just a cold-blooded murderer.

suicidemartini said:
I know its a longshot, but I like Depp for the role. Depending on how well Batman Begins does, it'll probably open the door for them to go with a marquee name and I think he's really the only A-list actor that could do the role justice.

I also like the Tim Roth suggestion, but not Brody or Turturo and definetly not Law.

I agree with everyone that it should be dark. I like the idea of him being a serial killer; kinda the hyper intellectual(SE7EN, SILENCE OF THE LAMBS) crossed with the aspects that really make him the Joker (i.e. the laugh, the clothing, etc). I don't like the idea of a mob connection or him having some huge plan to poison the city's water or something like that. He's just a cold-blooded murderer.
I want Depp also, or maybe Steve Buscemi. I wanna see The Killing Joke origin also, and they'll probably do it because they've already showed such strong ties to the comics.

Al Ghul said:
firstly, too bad he was already misused as the Riddler, but I still think Jim Carrey would've been an awesome Joker. I know I'll catch a lot of flack for that, but seriously think about it. take one part Riddler, one part his "Lemony Snicket" role, add a good script, and you can see where I'm going. but oh, well. never gonna happen.
As far as actually casting, I like Tim Roth, and Adriene Brody as suggestions. But here's a thought- how about John Turturo? He's a really good actor that can do diverse roles.
costume-go with the classic purple pinstripe suit. trench coat for out door scenes, but I'd like to see just one scene in the Alex Ross black and white tux. Dramatic.
and Dead End stlye make up.
Well if you're still goin with the more playful, joking and lighthearted type joker then I guess you could still go with Jim Carey, I mean after all the guy can make the Joker's face without the need of make up, that has to count for somethin. I also think he was miscast for the Riddler role, that role was originally offered to Robin Williams who I thought was a better choice but he turned it down after he read the crappy script.

If you wanna go with a darker, homicidal and psychotic joker, my favorite btw, here's a name that hasn't been mentioned yet...how about Crispin Glover. Before you say no, remember his character in Willard.

All that being said I still think Jack did a great job as the joker. :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"