Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

A biz article claims that major studios pay between $15,000 to $60,000 for the rights to a song. Taking the bigger value X 15, that would be $900,000. So, a relatively small part of a $200M movie. A good chunk of this particular budget seems to be going to salaries. :cwink:
Exactly. This movie didn't quadruple its budget because they had to pay the rights for a few songs lol.

Them having to buy the rights to songs explains the glut in budget

Shame they couldn't get Prince in to just write a bangin' soundtrack, but that's life.
Let's be real. If Prince were still with us, there's not a chance in Hell he would've ever worked with Warner Bros. again in any capacity.

The original movie was very weird so it makes sense that the sequel be a little odd too. A musical might be what it needs. Or not, who knows?

Im hoping for a jarring musical.
I'm hopping for a weird tone.
And confused audiences.

I'd love it.
4885bbc0-e2d3-449e-b4f3-9175d92eb0b4_text.gif

Then I wonder if we see Alfred and Bruce again given they were in the first Joker film? Bruce was a child in that and then we saw the Waynes Martha and Thomas get murdered in the alley and it was implied Arthur's character was involved

Hey guys, not sure if i can post this here but I am excited for Folie a deux and where Todd can take this I've made a youtube video for him before the official trailer. Keeping the theme of it's all in his head!

I hope you like it!

I'm not feeling it. I may or may not see this.
I honestly don't know.
It will all depend on if the trailer pulls me in, or not.

On one hand, possible April Fools joke.

On the other hand, the likelihood of it premiering at CinemaCon when Todd Phillips once stated that the trailer would be out sometime this month would make sense.

On one hand, possible April Fools joke.

On the other hand, the likelihood of it premiering at CinemaCon when Todd Phillips once stated that the trailer would be out sometime this month would make sense.
While I don't believe it's April Fools worthy in the sense that it's something that is expected anyways, there is a chance that he may use the date in his advantage if his "scoop" is not correct, which is very likely given his history. :hehe:

That is the best thing I've seen this year so far. :funny:

I restrained myself from using the Suicide Squad emotes for good reason. :o

Why does that poster look fan made? Then again, so did the first movie’s poster.

I'd have just assumed that was a BossLogic fake, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"