Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

I got to see the trailer during my Furiosa viewing at the theater. After plenty of time to think about it I'm just not excited for it. I made a recent post in the unpopular opinion film thread about this. The first film I admit was a great film, everyone did an amazing job, and I can definitely applaud Joaquin Pheonix's performance. But as a Joker film, I just don't like it and have no excitement for this sequel.

tumblr_pu3hh73Sla1qeam0qo2_r1_540.gif

Curious if we'll get more of Gaga's Harley if this is true. Since this film comes out in October, it probably wouldn't need much more- at best a final trailer after this potential one.

Still, if this is true, I wonder why so early in the week?

I say that not knowing what kind of presence that WB and DC will have at Comic-Con this week. We know that Gunn won't be there, but if there's a WB or DC presence, I feel it would make more sense to just have the trailer there. It's the same sort of questioning I have for why Deadpool and Wolverine will have a Comic-Con panel...when the movie comes out this week!

Still, if this is true, I wonder why so early in the week?

I say that not knowing what kind of presence that WB and DC will have at Comic-Con this week. We know that Gunn won't be there, but if there's a WB or DC presence, I feel it would make more sense to just have the trailer there. It's the same sort of questioning I have for why Deadpool and Wolverine will have a Comic-Con panel...when the movie comes out this week!
Probably to get hype in before SDCC starts. Last I checked neither WB nor DC are having panels for their luve action movies. Only live action DC panel is for the Penguin show.

They're marketing this as a prestige Venice opener/closer type of film, not a superhero one. SDCC wouldn't be a bad idea, but Idk if they're too worried about it.

They're marketing this as a prestige Venice opener/closer type of film, not a superhero one. SDCC wouldn't be a bad idea, but Idk if they're too worried about it.
That's fair, yeah, I forget that the first one played more towards awards shows instead of traditional comic based events.

It will be hard but I think I'll pass on this new trailer.

At the time of the first film, I did the same, only watching the first trailer (which won me over). I then watched the second one only after the premiere and was glad I did, as it “spoiled” what I feel were iconic moments, such as the “Can you introduce me as Joker?" line.
I also had the impression that the film's plot was easier to guess, but that was probably because things are inevitably more obvious after seeing the whole thing...

Anyway, I know I'll be going to the cinema for this sequel, and I like the little I know about it so far, so yeah, I think I'll be keeping it fresh once again.

Last edited:
That first Joker teaser is still incredible. Even just the first camera test is one I revisit on occasion. Whoever is behind marketing knows how to pick great songs for them.

Definitely !

I particularly love the music in the first trailer. It starts with the song “Smile” and the arrangement evolves into something grandiose, then tragic, and finally ends in a slightly intimidating atmosphere... With the film's impeccable photography, it's just superb.

I think it was also this very first impression of Phillips' version that made me so enthusiastic about the idea of the second film being developed around music. Right from that first trailer, there was something on that level, like a hidden potential in a way.

Added new trailer to topic opening post!

I think Phillips has nailed the tone yet again. The collective delirium - from the people and not simply from Harley or Joker themselves - it's funny and ironic because this is exactly what's being debated in first shot of the trailer.

The judgement scene looks sublime. It's Joker in his confident, 'Murray' form. There he has not any smallest of doubt on who he is.

Can't wait.

Also, this seems a "substantial" indeed sequel, with a history to tell, and not an inconsequential release.

That was excellent...and yes Joker defending himself is going to be epic to watch if done right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"