The Dark Knight Joker Scars: Accidental; self inflicted?

myway

Civilian
Reaction score
I thought that this was relatively settled but now there seems to be a resurge in speculation so I figured that we could all air our expectations/desires regarding the Joker's smile. Is it going to be the result of some sort of accident after an encounter with Batman; is it going to be mob revenge; self inflicted? Personally, I'm for any of these except for the accidental thing. It seems a bit coincidental for him to accidentally get scared across the mouth, esp when he has a thing for clowns.

I thought that this was relatively settled but now there seems to be a resurge in speculation so I figured that we could all air our expectations/desires regarding the Joker's smile. Is it going to be the result of some sort of accident after an encounter with Batman; is it going to be mob revenge; self inflicted? Personally, I'm for any of these except for the accidental thing. It seems a bit coincidental for him to accidentally get scared across the mouth, esp when he has a thing for clowns.

I thought it had already been established that it was a zipline accident.

I have no idea.

From the looks of the scarring, it appears he got shot through the right side of his face exiting on the left....or perhaps he was 'bataranged'?...or perhaps the wound is a self inflicted 'chelsea grin'? I dunno.

I have no idea.

From the looks of the scarring, it appears he got shot through the right side of his face exiting on the left....or perhaps he was 'bataranged'?...or perhaps the wound is a self inflicted 'chelsea grin'? I dunno.

I would be very dissapointed if the wound was self-inflicted. The batarang theory sounds a little cruel on Batman's side. That would be really ****ed up.

A reliable source tells me that Joker has an accident at home when cooking some beans on toast. Apparently, he forgets about the beans over-boiling, and then they explode onto his face...causing the scars. Surely there are better ideas than this?

I prefer the scraped with Batman's gauntlet idea that someone came up with earlier, he's always doing the elbow to the face moves

I have no idea.

still like the gunshot idea...or batman shooting something into his face (though I don't see Batman doing it on purpose because it seems out of character for him to do something so gross).

I like this because his mouth is obviously not damaged. Its only his cheeks that are messed up and then he connects the broken cheeks to his mouth with the red makeup.

I thought it had already been established that it was a zipline accident.

The zipline accident is probably the worst theory so far for this film. Not only is it incredibly stupid, its super unrealistic. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my words, but I'm 99% sure that its not the zipline that gives him his smile.

A reliable source tells me that Joker has an accident at home when cooking some beans on toast. Apparently, he forgets about the beans over-boiling, and then they explode onto his face...causing the scars. Surely there are better ideas than this?

No, you're not funny at all.

Does your source know if he will have bean-based powers?

I'm going with the Mob revenge theory. It sounds more dramatic than a zip-line accident. Although, I don't know the details of the zip-line incident's origin. I'll just wait and see.

The zipline accident is probably the worst theory so far for this film. Not only is it incredibly stupid, its super unrealistic. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my words, but I'm 99% sure that its not the zipline that gives him his smile.

I'm with you on that! The scars don't go all the way down to the creases of his lips from what I've seen. How would a zip line hit one cheek and then the other without cutting all the way through his mouth to come out the other side??

Its confirmed that the blades on Batmans gauntlets do detach. Maybe Batman tries to defend himself with his gauntlets like B89, but instead of deflecting a bullet, he shoots one of his gauntlet blades through the Jokers face.

Maybe he hits the zipline on an angle? bleh...

Im for the batarang theory. Batman launches one maybe to try and hit something but ends up slicing one side deep, then he spins is head and thats why his other side is all "curvey"

I tryed...:(
Do yourself a favour and never try again. You will always fail.

Nope. This is the only viable option on the planet. Really fits into Nolan's reality, IMO.

Maybe he hits the zipline on an angle? bleh...

Im for the batarang theory. Batman launches one maybe to try and hit something but ends up slicing one side deep, then he spins is head and thats why his other side is all "curvey"

I tryed...:(

Its confirmed that the blades on Batmans gauntlets do detach. Maybe Batman tries to defend himself with his gauntlets like B89, but instead of deflecting a bullet, he shoots one of his gauntlet blades through the Jokers face.

I like this idea better than the zipline. Maybe he tries to shoot at the zipline with those and hits Jokers face instead. Just from both pictures, the one of him staring at us and the one with Rachel. I just can't see that the scars run all the way down to the creases of his lips, to where it would completly open up when he would smile.

I'm with you on that! The scars don't go all the way down to the creases of his lips from what I've seen. How would a zip line hit one cheek and then the other without cutting all the way through his mouth to come out the other side??
The idea was the zipline hits him on one side of his face, and he finishes the "smile" by cutting the other side of his face. It's been said this was the original idea, but has since then been reconsidered. You can see the accident/self inflicted sides in the first pic. One is clearly man-made:

8fb4211a.jpg

The idea was the zipline hits him on one side of his face, and he finishes the "smile" by cutting the other side of his face. It's been said this was the original idea, but has since then been reconsidered. You can see the accident/self inflicted sides in the first pic. One is clearly man-made:

8fb4211a.jpg

Thanks! I guess I missed hearing that. Well that would make perfect sense then. Case Closed lol.

Now that I think about it, this is called The Dark Knight and Nolan himself said the title itself plays a big role. So I wouldnt put it past Batman to fight dirty in this movie.

I mean this is still essentionally an origin story, so I'm sure Batman is going to make plenty of mistakes.

whatever happens, i hope Rachael dies. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"