Something We All May Need To Do Post-may 26!

Spidey 2007 said:
no, it will make lower then X2 because you have to look at it realisticly, there are ALLLOOt of people hating on this movie around the world saying that this is a disaster in the making....of course this will make less then x2(at least on opening weekend). you cant deny it. Not JUST because of the running time, but because of the time span, the director and bad word among the internet. Honestly the traielrs and TV spots arnt all that amazing to general audiences. Storm spinning:down :down :o

get out some more away form these boards here, slot of people will end up not seeing this one. But we will see. Thats my prediction and i expect it to be right, if its wrong then ..grand.:up:

HEY!!:mad: :p

But seriously, the movie is still getting a lot of popularity!!! Just last month, yahoo said that the popularity for X3 grew 30% more!!! Plus, when I saw the teaser trailer in the theater, the audience reacted well. How can you say the trailers and tv spots didn't do anything, people have been raving about them on the internet. Trust me, this movie is attracting more people than you think!!:up:

Even if the running time is inaccurate, bosef still makes a lot of excellent points.

Namely Fantastic Four. The movie did very well opening weekend but had literally NO staying power at the box office in subsequent weekends.

Spider-man and Batman Begins were the exact opposite. They had strong BO performance continuing on the weekends and weekdays which F4 did not.

Basically, as I've feared since Singer left, this is going to be the BAD third movies that most third movies usually are in franchises, BAD AND DISAPPOINTING.

Yea, but the Fantastic Four franchise didn't have two movies already under it's belt. ;)

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
I must say, I find this over-reaction to the running time to be nothing short of appauling.

Okay, so first of all, let's all step down off of our pedastals and realize that we are fans, not film makers. Let us also realize that despite what we think we know, in the end, it is just that; what we think we know. We don't know jack **** about how the story arcs in this movie are going to play out. We don't know jack **** about how the different arcs are going to connect together. And, despite contrary belief, we have absolutley no idea how long this movie needs to be.

Yes we do have an idea. According to Avi Arad, bigger than X-men 1 and X-men 2. According to all the people a1ant is talking to its EPIC! More emotional, more action packed, and more dramatic. I find it hard to believe that can be done in a film that's shorter than the first movie.

Now that that is out of the way, how about a little defense for the real film makers... whatever the running time of this movie, it will not be mandated by Fox. Fox did not mandate a certain edit of this film... everything filmed will be in the final release of the movie, save for I believe one 30 second scene. This film isn't being edited down to meet a certain runtime, nor is it being edited down so that Fox has a lot of bonus deleted scenes for a special edition DVD. The script was written, the story was laid out, and it was filmed. And however much film that was is how much film was needed to tell this tale.

How do you know? This was a rushed train-wreck production. This running time we are hearing is comparable to just about every other Marvel Comic book movie they've released EXCEPT X-men 2.

I never suggest it was edited down to meet a certain run time. I'm simply suggesting this is the run time Fox wanted from the start. A shorter movie.

X2 was 2.05 without credits. And what people fail to realize, is that about 15 minutes, or so of that, was only added on because of the whole Phoenix arc. If that wasn't added, the X-Men could have just left Alkali Lake after saving Xavier, headed back to the mansion, and it would have probably run around a 1.45 - 1.50 mark. That movie had a lot going on. X-Men 3 isn't the first movie of the franchise to have a lot going on.

I'm not buying this distinction. The Phoenix arc needed to be there as it sets up the next movie. You can't just start removing integral character/plot arcs out of the movie to suit your argument.

Second of all, X-Men 3 has a luxury that X-Men didn't; the characters are already established. Save for a couple characters here or there, no time needs to be spent on development. We already know who these characters are. Would X-Men have been better if it had all those deleted scenes? In my opinion, absolutley. But that movie also had the task of introducing hardcore fans and casual movie-goers alike into this world, and to these characters. X-Men 3 does not have to do that. Our refresher course is going to be the Danger Room sequence. 2 birds with one stone; getting the audience reaquanted with these characters, on top of giving us an amazing action sequence (and adding a feature we've been wanting all along, the Danger Room).

Once again I've already debunked this argument. X-men 2 had already established the characters as well.

Don't give me this no time needs to be spent on development crap. Yes it does. They are already established but the characters need to continue to develop and grow. Just like Rogue, Iceman, and others did in the second movie and will continue to do in the third.

This is a sloppy defense. Why does X-men 3 not need to do this? Oh right, its a rushed train-wreck movie with a rushed, train-wreck production schedule. Meaning? NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

Disregarding all of this, Avi Arad says this is an even BIGGER movie than the second one. We can see there are tons more characters and apparently according to everyone A LOT more going on than the last 2. So they can do all that in that short amount of time?

Simon Kinberg even addressed the run time issue in regards to Fantastic 4, stating that it was ultimatley a kid's movie, therefore runtime was a factor. He stated that X-Men 3 would be cut to make the best movie.

The Incredibles was a kids movie too, but how long was that? Hmm . . . 115 minutes, the longest CG animated film of all time. Also longer than X-men, Daredevil, Elektra, and what was that? A KIDS MOVIE CALLED FANTASTIC FOUR.

There has been no evidence what-so-ever of studio interferance on this project. Only fanboy *****ing and moaning from people like TheVileOne saying "this is the same studio that brought us Daredevil and Fantastic 4" (2 movies that I happened to enjoy, mind you), but they forget to realize that Fox is also the same studio that brought the likes of Titanic, Cast Away, Road to Perdition, Fight Club, Independence Day, and tons of other great films.

Titanic, Cast Away, Road To Perdition, and Fight Club were NOT Marvel Comic book movies. That's why I cited the others. I was pointing out Fox's track record and running times on previous Marvel Comic book based adaptations to movies.

I'd say if the running time is what it apparently is, that's a pretty good symbol of how the studio wanted it to turn out.

And even more relevant than examples on either side of the coin, this is the studio responsible for X-Men and X2. ***** and moan all you want about how the studio tried to "sabotage" the movies... they still shelled out the dough to make this movie, in a time when comic book movies weren't at their peak, to say the least, and followed up with a sequel. Fox set a release date about 2 years in advance for X-Men 3, so that would have been before Singer left for Superman Returns, so all the talk about a release date to beat Singer out is just utter garbage. And for something like this, waiting around isn't an option. There are a lot of actors out there, who have lives outside of 'X-Men', who can't just stop everything else in their lives because X-Men 3 is being made now. And waiting too long will kill the interest in the series. People won't care if there is a 5 year gap between movies. They'll think that it's just a desperate attempt to juice some cash off of a name.

Yeah and the major creative forces behind X-men 1 and 2? Have nothing to do with this movie. Tom DeSanto? Gone. Bryan Singer? Gone. David Hayter? Gone. Dougherty and Harris? Gone.

Instead we have the writer of XXX 2.

This is nothing but over reaction over something petty. We're not the ones in the know about this story, we only assume to know. We're not the professionals being paid the big bucks to tell this story. Fanboys need to step down off their pedastel, and let the professionals do their job. Enjoy the finished product, or don't. But this over-reaction over the running time, of all things, is absurd. And now we're calling for a possible boycott from Fox if things don't go your way? Sorry, I'm not convinced.

I'm not calling boycott of Fox. I'm simply saying, I'm not surprised if this is the actual running time of the movie. It's exactly what I expected from this train-wreck, rushed production.

Contrary to the arguement presented by those who have nothing better to do than to ***** and get after anyone who is the least bit optimistic, Fox is capable of making quality entertainment. In fact, I find an abundance of my TV and movie entertainment to come from Fox, in some way, shape, or form. And I will not boycott over a run time. I will not boycott the good things they do, because of something bad they may have done. And I highly doubt that X-Men 3 is going to be some crap fest of a movie because of a runtime.

It won't be a crap-fest because of a runtime. It will be a crapfest because it was a rushed train-wreck with a LCD-quality Hollywood director.

People, this is an x-men forum. We are here to know everything there is to know about this 3rd and final movie. Why not enjoy (or ty to enjoy) every bit that is given to us. Sure it may not be perfect but hey, what is? I am here very excited about this movie which most of you all are but why pick out all the negatives? Sit back, relax. Take a breath if you need to. Don't be so down. :)

oneteen said:
People, this is an x-men forum. We are here to know everything there is to know about this 3rd and final movie. Why not enjoy (or ty to enjoy) every bit that is given to us. Sure it may not be perfect but hey, what is? I am here very excited about this movie which most of you all are but why pick out all the negatives? Sit back, relax. Take a breath if you need to. Don't be so down. :)
I did that. For the last 2 movies ;) .

I get deja vu reading these posts!!!
TheVileOne said:
Bryan Singer? Gone. David Hayter? Gone. Dougherty and Harris? Gone.
Thankfully!! :up: :) Storm will FLY!! Woo-hoo!!!
TheVileOne said:
It won't be a crap-fest because of a runtime. It will be a crapfest because it was a rushed train-wreck with a LCD-quality Hollywood director.
As opposed to a SciFi originals quality one!?! Sheesh. Are the only words you know crapfest, rushed and train wreck??? It will be fun to compare movies/directors/runtimes etc. etc. after May 26 and June 30! :D

PhoenixRisen said:
I get deja vu reading these posts!!!

Thankfully!! :up: :) Storm will FLY!! Woo-hoo!!!

Yeah who cares if the movie is a disappointment, so long as you get to see your favorite movie star diva on wires you will won't even care.

Thankfully. If it wasn't for Singer and his crew, they wouldn't have even gotten to a third movie so you could see her fly. Show some respect.

As opposed to a SciFi originals quality one!?! Sheesh. Are the only words you know crapfest, rushed and train wreck??? It will be fun to compare movies/directors/runtimes etc. etc. after May 26 and June 30! :D

Yes, and BO grosses I suppose.

I've still yet to see Ratner make a better movie than Bryan Singer in all their films.

TheVileOne said:
Yes, and BO grosses I suppose.
I've still yet to see Ratner make a better movie than Bryan Singer in all their films.
Yup, that too! I'll check in with ya shortly after June 30!
Just my HO but "Red Dragon" was "better" than X1/X2...totally different genres but hey...and don't get me wrong, I liked both X1 and X2! ;)

PhoenixRisen said:
Just my HO but "Red Dragon" was "better" than X1/X2...totally different genres but hey...and don't get me wrong, I liked both X1 and X2! ;)
i dont like Red Dragon at all, they way the missuse Hannibal...
Anyway, i dont wanna make any strong opinion on the quality of the movie (X3)yet, simply because i havent watched. But its funny how every good news we have been received just disappear in front of a non-confirmed movie lenght news...

PhoenixRisen said:

Just my HO but "Manhunter was "better" than "Red Dragon".

Also, if the running time is inaccurate, I will gladly eat crow because I don't want it to be true.

But it doesn't seem wrong based off what Simon Kinberg has said before and Ratner saying he has a "short attention span."

bosef982 said:
I was actually doing a subtle mimic of X3 alone.

But, in the end, I am saying that we have to do something. We're being dicked over as fans. Studios are basically taking our devotion, loyalty, and love of our characters and drudging us through us.

I just think there comes a time where -- barring Avi Arad calling us idiots -- we need to just tell studios you don't deserve us.

*Claps*

PhoenixRisen said:
Bryan Singer did "Manhunter"? :D

No Michael Mann directed it. Manhunter is the superior version and was poorly remade by Brett Ratner into Red Dragon.

TheVileOne said:
No Michael Mann directed it. Manhunter is the superior version and was poorly remade by Brett Ratner into Red Dragon.
Everyone has their HO, but I guess Anthony Hopkins thought it was OK...
http://www.totalfilm.com/features/the_total_film_interview_-_anthony_hopkins
Having played Hannibal Lecter three times, do you have a favorite out of the three films?
"I actually think Red Dragon is the best of the three. It's the most interesting and frightening and scary. I tried to play him differently than I did in the other two films. I said to [director] Brett Ratner that I didn't just want to repeat what I did in Silence of the Lambs, so Lecter is so much angrier in Red Dragon. No charm. Just lethal."

PhoenixRisen said:
Having played Hannibal Lecter three times, do you have a favorite out of the three films?
"I actually think Red Dragon is the best of the three. It's the most interesting and frightening and scary. I tried to play him differently than I did in the other two films. I said to [director] Brett Ratner that I didn't just want to repeat what I did in Silence of the Lambs, so Lecter is so much angrier in Red Dragon. No charm. Just lethal."
Hopkins is entitled to his opinion:

rotten tomatoes has 70 prct fresh

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/red_dragon/

Manhunter 91 PRCT
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1013248-manhunter/

And imo Manhunter is a superior movie , indeed.

Maze said:
Hopkins is entitled to his opinion
Yup, and so am I...in that everything I have SEEN so far--with my own two eyes--leads me to think X3 will be GREAT, as opposed to a "train-wreck crapfest"! :D

PhoenixRisen said:
Yup, and so am I...in that everything I have SEEN so far--with my own two eyes--leads me to think X3 will be GREAT, as opposed to a "train-wreck crapfest"! :D
No problemo :)

Now,let's get back in topic , let's respect bosef thread ok? :)

Maze said:
Singer win by far..after that you are entitled to you opinion :)
And like I said, if the issue is Singer vs. Ratner, we will have a great chance to compare their work in the same genres this summer! But I'm not anti-Singer--just anti people bashing Ratner for ruining X3 when they haven't even seen the movie yet!! :)

Maze said:
No problemo :)

Now,let's get back in topic , let's respect bosef thread ok? :)
Deal. And I agree, if X3 is terrible no one should buy the DVD. To me that is a no brainer. Why would you buy the DVD of a terrible movie??

PhoenixRisen said:

Regardless of what Anthongy Hopkins thinks, that quote still doesn't settle the comparison between Manhunter and Red Dragon, as it is referring to a different set of Hannibal movies. Besides, Hopkins is referring to the character's motivations--something previously established by the plot of Manhunter and the already established story told by both movies. It is not referring to Ratner's movie making ability.

If we're not careful, this could turn into another Singer v. Ratner thread . . .

PhoenixRisen said:
By HO I meant humble opinion!! Doesn't look right!;)

Haha. You didn't mean ho?

PhoenixRisen said:
. . . I agree, if X3 is terrible no one should buy the DVD. To me that is a no brainer. Why would you buy the DVD of a terrible movie??

Agreed.

I vote that instead of "Spoiler" and "Non-Spoiler" forums, we have "*****ing" and "Non-*****ing" forums. This is getting ridiculous. No one here is in any position to say what the running time needs to be or why it is what is is/might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"