Something We All May Need To Do Post-may 26!

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by bosef982, Apr 21, 2006.

1. LEX Registered

Why not just take a stand and go to Fox? Fox has a big official building, right? Someone use Google Earth and find the place. We'll bring pitchforks, catapults, bazookas, bonfires, whatever. :o We'll start a damn frigging riot!

2. true316 Registered

You raised good points Bosef. I'll give the film the benefit of the doubt until I see it. If its good I'll be very pleased, probably see it multiple times at the theatre, and then buy the dvd when it comes out. If it isn't good then I won't see it again at the theatre and I won't buy the dvd.

3. bluewolv Registered

I stopped reading when you said Independence Day was a great film...that being said most of us do not have a problem with X-men the Last Stand in and of itself but rather how everyone associated with it is saying it has more drama, more emotion, and more action than the first films yet we come to find out it is the shortest of the three...maybe it will be a good film, maybe not, I agree we should wait to judge the film until we see it, but to say it will be better than the other x-films while be being the shortest is absurd.

4. PWN3R Instagram:@Mannie_Bothans

Bosef and Nell always have well thought out posts, and that is awesome. But I agree, with you.

Besides not everyone will read them, and then your opinion/idea/theory doesn't reach people.

5. RagingTempest Registered

Yeah, but FF made 330 million WW, it was still a success, how is that movie considered a flop!!!:confused:

Also, I agree with the first post!!!:up:

6. _BB_ Its been a while...

IMO the thing with FF was that they marketed the hell out of it, they especially marketed it at young children and so all these small kids went to see it with their families because ff is more family friendly that the x men movies just like spiderman. Only thing is, spiderman is appealing to all ages whereas i thought FF was mediocre at best. Kids tended to enjoy it a lot more than adults did from my experience. I dunno about anyone else

7. antariksh Registered

STOP saying u bought F4 dvd just because u r a X3 fan. That is all nonsense. You should have read the reviews for F4 dvd before buying it.

Secondly F4 was by no means a monumental failure. It was just a bit dissapointing.

And honestly i feel sad that they r ruining X3.

Now I am willing to bet u all guyz, X3 opening weekend (3-day) will be atleast 10-20 million lower than X2. That is a guarantee because so many fans are ANGRY about X3 running time including me.

But since I am a TRUE fan of MARVEL not just X3 i will watch it in theatres because i can't tolerate DC beating MARVEL.

Show love to MARVEL who made these comic books. Don't be a biased FAN of just one comic book.

8. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

Excellent post Bosef.

Also it goes without saying but besides the DVD thing, we should refrain from repeat viewings if the movie's quality doesn't warrant it. As somebody who saw X2 9 times in the theaters but only saw F4 opening day I think that would also make a big impact and make them take notice.
    Let's hope for the best.

9. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

Me too

don't see a problem with people expressing their ideas fully

10. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

Hello Nell, how've you been? Long time no chat.

I think you were a little harsh on your post because, for one, Bosef's post wasn't an over-reaction. I think it was rather balanced and it left room open for the possibility that X3 might still be good.
    Also as for the second thing I quoted, that's not exactly true. There is evidence of studio interference. For proof go check the Q&A with Simon and Zak and look at a question which asks if Cyclops' role in the Phoenix Saga has been replaced with Wolverine. Look at the writer's answer and read between the lines.

11. lordofthenerds Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

First, of all we have no evidence taht this movie is going to be bad. With that being said, I wouldn't buy the DVD if I thought that this would work. But unfortunately it wouldn't, since so many people buy DVDs no madder how much the movie sucks and Fox will probably do a good job marketing the thing. I'd rather complete my collection than do a "strike" that woudn't work.

12. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

Well, on these boards, I've been a bit frustrated the past couple days, but other than that, I've been good, thanks!

As far as my response to bosef, well, bosef is an example of he and I having a differing opinion, but at least he's got his reasons, and he's not being negative for the sake of being negative, and not blind to other possibilities.

Unfortunatley, I've found myself to be very frustrated with the runtime issue since long before this 103 minute "confirmation", and this thread, even though a very well thought out, and more open minded post than others, was just kind of the nail in the coffin. My response wasn't so much directed towards bosef personally, but rather the whole runtime over-reaction. This just happened to be the place I vented my frustrations.

Anyways, as far as studio interferance, I haven't seen evidence of any. I think that if Wolverine takes Cyclops' place in the Phoenix Saga (which I don't believe he will), I believe that's not so much studio plotics oriented, but rather the fact that Marsden couldn't shoot a substantial role (what with being on Superman Returns and all), and since they couldn't get Cyclops, they used Wolverine, because he's the face of the franchise.

However, I don't believe that is the case, I believe that Cyclops will have a very important role in this film, and it won't be his death triggering Jean's transformation to the Phoenix.

13. javon Registered

Belive me, it won't, at least storm won't anyway,lol!

14. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

I understand your frustration, I see this place is sort of in chaos.

I found the quote I was talking about in my previous post. Go here http://www.thexverse.com/community/showthread.php?t=7&page=11&highlight=blasphemous It's in the list of answers Zak provided at 12:32 PM on 02/24

I will quote part of his answer : "you have to keep in mind that Simon and I do not control the franchise or the actors or the studio. To a certain extent, we have to do the best we can with the pieces we have"

Also check this page http://www.thexverse.com/community/showthread.php?t=7&page=17&highlight=popularity
    See there how he admits Wolverine's popularity has to do with it? The importat thing to notice is how he mentions the outcome isn't exactly what they (the writers) wanted.

15. RagingTempest Registered

I disagree with that!!! There are still a lot of people anticipating this movie, not only X-men fans, but regular moviegoers!!!

16. Angry Sentinel Registered

Hey Endeavor's back... good to see you man!!!

Great thread, 'Cudo's' to Bosef for his eloquent selection of terms. I happen to agree with you on this one Bosef, simply because it's already a practice of mine anyway. I stop supporting anything that makes me feel like crap after I watch it. And I applaud you for being bold enough to attempt to make the distinction between loving a character and subsequently (or blindly) loving a crappy movie about the characters.

To Nell, I understand your fustration but I think you are focusing too much on Bosef's illustrations as to why the movie may suck, and not on his overall point. If the movie does suck, for whatever reason, we need to let FOX know. And the only real way to send a message like that to a business entity is through the green!!!

17. neemer5 Registered

If the movie sucks, the movie sucks. I'll only see it seven or eight times.

18. antariksh Registered

ok it will do $600 million worldwide. HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Slim_X Registered

Wow bosef, well said :up: I'm with you, if I don't like the movie I won't get the DVD.

20. Spidey 2007 Renegade

no, it will make lower then X2 because you have to look at it realisticly, there are ALLLOOt of people hating on this movie around the world saying that this is a disaster in the making....of course this will make less then x2(at least on opening weekend). you cant deny it. Not JUST because of the running time, but because of the time span, the director and bad word among the internet. Honestly the traielrs and TV spots arnt all that amazing to general audiences. Storm spinning:down :down :o

get out some more away form these boards here, slot of people will end up not seeing this one. But we will see. Thats my prediction and i expect it to be right, if its wrong then ..grand.:up:

21. SilentType Registered

I never understood why people but DVDs for movies they don't like or haven't seen. What a waste of money.

22. gap5ewl inconspicuous since '03.

im still buying the dvd:o you guys are the most negative bunch seriously already jumping to conclusions that this movie will sucks just because we have an uncomfirmed running time. Calm down people.

23. SilentType Registered

Movie still looks good to me. but if it isn't...
    Why would someone buy a DVD of a movie they don't like?
    WHY?

24. flavio_lebeau Registered

i will only rent the dvd if the movie is bad, ok? :o

25. Slim_X Registered

I agree. Regular movie goers don't care if Ratner is directing it. They know the other 2 movies were good and the footage we've got from X3 looks amazing. So I think a LOT of people are really looking forward to it.