Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher!

Discussion in 'Daredevil' started by BatsDC, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

That we know of. In my headcanon, most major cities have at least one super hero, of varying scopes and capacities. Most of them just don't have the advantage of starring in other-dimensional comic books that give us a view into their lives. After all, lets be honest: in terms of larger scheme influence or importance, would Matt Murdoch really warrant notice if not for us being specifically given a look into his smaller scale dramatic life? There's probably a dozen street level vigilantes in different cities who have roughly as dramatic and interesting of lives as Matt, they just don't have Netflix shows.

2. Bruce Malone Registered

I think Chicago would be cool.

There does seem to be a glut of NY based superheros.

Just from Netlix, Matt, JJ and Luke Cage and are all based there and are all street-levelers. I can imagine Punisher would be up in Cage's business.

3. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

I think LA works. Close to Mexico, could have Frank take on drug cartels moving into the city, etc. Just because a city isn't infested with crime in real life, doesn't mean a plot can't be arranged to make it so. That's what they did in season 1.

4. TheVileOne Registered

Yeah but there is probably a bigger hero presence in LA. Iron Man was set up in LA for a while.

But then again, LA wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Realistically, he can't stay in Hell's Kitchen because that's Daredevil's territory. I find it hard to believe they will come to some sort of understanding.

5. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Doesn't Stark live in New York now? His house was blown to pieces in Iron Man 3. I can't recall there being a mention he lives back in L.A.

6. TheVileOne Registered

Brolly, Stark still has offices in SoCal though. Hard to believe he doesn't have easy access and armor available there.

7. Bruce Malone Registered

Stark doesn't seem to involve himself in Street level stuff though.

After saving the world multiple times, fighting gangsters probably doesn't cut it.

8. TheVileOne Registered

Yeah but in Civil War, he's on the side of pro registration n stuff :D .

9. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Buuut...doesn't Pepper run the company now, or whatever? Doesn't seem like Stark has many reasons to visit LA, other than join Pepper on a business trip.

But as Bruce Malone said, with all that goes on in the greater MCU, Stark probably wouldn't involve himself.

10. Bruce Malone Registered

If they base the potential series more on the Ennis MAX run, I don't believe super-hero's even factor at all in his world there. He does interact with Nick Fury though from time to time.

11. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Not just the same city but the same neighborhood. Matt and JJ both live in hell's kitchen. At least Cage moved back to Harlem for his show.

Spider-Man is also swinging around NYC now.

12. marcvader Lurker #1

Do you guys realize how big NYC is? There's plenty of room for street level vigilantism.

13. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I'd ideally like to see him stay in NY, but some of the logic for him moving put forward on here seems sound.

Detroit is a really good alternative.

14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I prefer him to stay in his traditional city of NY. I didn't like the Punisher in Tampa, Florida in the Thomas Jane film.

15. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that either. I think Punisher and I think dark, dank alleyways and sewers, strewn with litter and filth; not piers, sea, sand and sunsets.

16. TheVileOne Registered

Yeah always thought that was a weird and silly choice. They should've just had Tampa double for a major city.

17. Punisher_MAX Ol' Painless

Unless I'm mistaken, it's been a while since I read it, but Frank does go to Florida to kill part of the family responsible for his family's deathh.

18. Hunter Rider Ronin

Bernthal seems to have been consumed by Frank Castle from the footage in the trailer, he's one of those tailor made pieces of casting.

19. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I thought no it could be the most perfect casting Marvel has done yet, and that's saying something.

20. terry78 He will eat YOU... if you are wrong

I feel like Chicago is probably the closest city to NY in terms of what society thinks of a burg with a lot of crime and corruption. Lots of dank back alley stuff going on along with businessmen doing shady things in the light. I work here so there is no bias whatsoever. :o

21. marcvader Lurker #1

Castle is all about the dank it seems here.

22. Punisher_MAX Ol' Painless

Isn't Chicago one of the more violent cities right now? I'd be down with Frank there...or even have him move between big cities hunting criminals down.

23. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I've never gotten the sense that it is such a violent city every time I've gone there, which is quite a bit.

24. Punisher_MAX Ol' Painless

I'll be visiting for the first time ever in June...but yeah Detroit probably makes sense for the Punisher

25. Bruce Malone Registered

Nah Detroit is so far gone, his war on crime wouldn't amount to much there.

Chicago would work because it's almost like a real world Gotham at this point. It's still got some quite nice areas but also some pretty bad areas as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.