Iron Man 2 Jon Favreau has been signed for IM2

Yeah...FINALLY.

*In other news* RDJ just signed to play Sherlock Holmes. Shooting starts this October.

In other news, Nikke Finke - who originally reported this news - is still an idiot.

Nikke Finke said:
It's not officially announced yet, but I'm told that Marvel Studios and Iron Man director Jon Favreau have reached a deal for him to helm the sequel, due out in 2010. (Robert Downey Jr had a sequel clause in his contract so he's on board.) Marvel Studios boss David Maisel was quick to put out a "definitely" richer offer to Favreau, but not quick enough for Jon -- who used the Internet and other media to rile up the movie's many fans by spreading nonsense that Marvel was dragging its feet and then lowballing him. Granted Maisel is no day at the beach himself, but, seriously, could Favreau have been more of an *******?

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/marvel-locks-in-jon-favreau-for-iron-man-2/

Burgandy.jpg

This is G O O D NEWS!!!!!!

Good... now we need a script... and casting by the Holidays... and obviously we need the rest of the actors back. Sometimes the female leads tend to leave the project after the first film... but Paltrow said she likes working with RDJ... I think most of the people will be back though.

Finally! Marvel should've done this months ago, because they still want IM2 to come out in 2010 and they have to get the ball rolling if they want to meet that date (esp. since RDJ is going to shoot Sherlock Holmes movie and they may have a scheduling conflict). Now they need to start writing the script, because without a good script IM2 won't be as good, and it takes time for this process.

Finally! Marvel should've done this months ago, because they still want IM2 to come out in 2010 and they have to get the ball rolling if they want to meet that date (esp. since RDJ is going to shoot Sherlock Holmes movie and they may have a scheduling conflict). Now they need to start writing the script, because without a good script IM2 won't be as good, and it takes time for this process.
There isn't going to be a scheduling conflict, Holmes is set to start filming in October.

This is great news, Iron Man was incredible and I can't wait unit IM2.

See. I knew everyone on here was over blowing the story. I knew he'd be back. No way Marvel was going to squander the only sure thing they have in their pocket while the studio is in its infancy.

This is great news for the IM franchise! I'm sure Favreau will make a kick ass sequel! I just hope they don't try to rush the movie just to have it out by 2010. It's important to have everything lined up perfectly. I wanna see Jon given the ample time to make another great film

See. I knew everyone on here was over blowing the story. I knew he'd be back. No way Marvel was going to squander the only sure thing they have in their pocket while the studio is in its infancy.

Well after screwing over the Incredible Hulk with thier piss poor marketing I wouldn't have put it past them to screw over Favreau and company.

Well after screwing over the Incredible Hulk with thier piss poor marketing I wouldn't have put it past them to screw over Favreau and company.

TIH was not distributed by Marvel, thus they don't handle the marketing. TIH's marketing falls to the feet of Universal, whom suck at marketing. Paramount is however one of the better marketing companies around, and we saw that with their campaign to sell IM.

Don't blame Marvel for marketing. That is not what their end of the distribution deals are. Marvel makes the film, and the distribution company sells/markets it. At least they have Paramount for 9 more films. Marvel had no choice but to use Universal for Hulk (since they made that special deal with them since Universal still had the Hulk rights).

This is really good news, I knew Marvel wouldnt be silly enough to not hire him back.

Now lets begin pre production and this sequel out as quickly as can be but better quality than the first.

Not saying the first was poor just that if you're going to do a sequel you need to top your last effort!!

Good news, hope it sticks. And everyone was ready to throw Marvel under the bus not long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"