Iron Man 2 Jon Favreau: No More Iron Man Until 'The Avengers'

i was expecting it to happen in thor but oh well

Unless it serves some purpose to the overall story, they shouldn't force Iron Man to be there.

I could definitely see a Howard Stark cameo in Cap. In Thor I just don't think it makes sense to have a cameo there.

Howard's been confirmed to be in Cap. They already got an actor for him.

I don't think Iron Man will show up in Thor.

that has nothing to do with RDJ having cameos but ok then.

In before the "On noez, they don't want to put Iron Mans in Thor or Cap cuz he's box office poison" post.

This doesn't surprise me.

I don't have a problem with it.

that has nothing to do with RDJ having cameos but ok then.

this,exactly...

just because he said no 'Iron Man' doesn't mean there'll be no TONY STARK....

also,could have Rhodey,or even potentially War Machine in it...

SCENE- THOR: AFTER CREDITS:

Thor is standing on the edge of a cliff,overlooking the ocean...taking in his surroundings,breathing the sea air and continuing to adjust to this new,'mortal' reality....suddenly from off camera,but quickly coming into view,we see a dark shape...as it gets closer it takes the shape of a figure,a man...ever closer,we see it is 'War Machine' piloted by Col. James Rhodes....

it hovers above the cliff...Thor,reacting to a potential threat,lifts Mjollnir,which starts crackling with electricity...

WM: "WHOA! Whoa big guy! I'm not here to fight!"
THOR : "Why hast thou disturbed the Odinson?!"
WM: " I was sent here as part of something we call the 'Avengers Initiative..."

War Machine lands in front of Thor....he takes a step foward,and his mask flips up...

WM: " How do you feel about being part of a greater power...a greater force...being part of a team?"

CUT TO BLACK

No I was actually responding to the post above me complaining about Theroux, Jon did say no Stark either:
"Tony Stark is not going to be involved in any of the movies until ['Avengers'],"

I don't think War Machine should come around again until the third Iron Man movie.

I don't think War Machine should come around again until the third Iron Man movie.

Never would be good for me. I think his presence diminishes Iron Man. It's like having a backup Thor hanging around who is almost as good.

WM was pretty much the only thing I didn't love about IM2.

Cheadle said he's contractually obligated for Avengers, but that may just be for a pickup scene or two.

I agree that War Machine in Avengers diminishes IM's presence on the team. Although, WM is based on the Mark II suit and has all the drawbacks we saw from IM1, even with the weaponry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"