• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Josh Gad to go on a Three Hour Tour of Gilligan's Island

Dr. Evil

Eternal
Reaction score
Fresh off of his Frozen performance as an animated snowman, Josh Gad is set to star in Warner Bros.’ big-screen adaptation of Gilligan’s Island. The project has been in the works for some time; we last reported on it almost four years ago. The title property was a 1960s TV series about seven castaways who took a three-hour tour about the S.S. Minnow only to wind up stranded on a tropical island after a terrible storm. We’re not sure just which of the seven roles Gad will take on, but I’d put money on either Gilligan or the Skipper. Gad is also writing the screenplay along with Benji Samit and Dan Hernandez. Hit the jump for more.
Deadline reports that Warner Bros. has set Gad to write and star in their Gilligan’s Island adaptation. The original series, created by Sherwood Schwartz, starred Bob Denver as Gilligan, Alan Hale Jr. as Skipper, Jim Backus and Natalie Schafer as Thurston and Lovey Howell, Dawn Wells as Mary Ann, and Tina Louise as Ginger.

Read more at http://collider.com/gilligans-island-josh-gad/#Mgqc2A07UsQ5s2HX.99

He'd be an okay Skipper.

The only one I'd see him right as is the Skipper and he's too young compared to Alan Hale Jr. for it.

If they decide to make the Skipper and Gilligan into dudebro buddies, then it will work.

Otherwise, I guess he'd make an okay Gilligan. Jeff Bridges for Skipper though (or to save money, Nick Offerman).

For some reason I always pictured Jay Baruchel as Gilligan.

If they decide to make the Skipper and Gilligan into dudebro buddies, then it will work.

Otherwise, I guess he'd make an okay Gilligan. Jeff Bridges for Skipper though (or to save money, Nick Offerman).
I can see his personality as Gilligan but he looks more like the Skipper physically. If they choose to ignore the physical attributes then he could be Gilligan. Although I'm not sure anyone can really be Gilligan besides Bob Denver. Much like Leslie Nielson is Frank Drebbin in The Naked Gun franchise, it's going to be hard to see someone else play that role.

^ Insert this reply into any television show being adapted to film thread.

Do we really need a Garfield movie? Scooby Doo? Smurfs? Bewitched? etc...

to be negative, is Gilligan's Island still relevant? it was on nick at nite before i became aware of it. who would be the audience?

^ Insert this reply into any television show being adapted to film thread.

Do we really need a Garfield movie? Scooby Doo? Smurfs? Bewitched? etc...

garfield and the smurfs were squarely aimed at little kids. their history doesn't mean anything. Bewitched was an extremely bad idea. scooby doo is a tossup.

I know it's cool to ***** and moan about stuff like this, but can we just for a second acknowledge how weird it is that it's taken this long for this to happen?

I don't know what it is, but I really dislike this Josh Gad guy. Every time I see him in anything, I just want to punch him until he gets off the screen. It's like they took all the worst part of Jonah Hill and Jack Black and created some sort of annoying Fattenstein monster.

Christina Hendricks as Ginger or GTFO.

And on that note, Jon Hamm as The Professor.

Jenna Louise Coleman for Mary Ann.

Christina Hendricks as Ginger or GTFO.

And on that note, Jon Hamm as The Professor.

Jenna Louise Coleman for Mary Ann.
Dead on perfect choices IMO.

They've already done Gilligan's Island movies with the original cast although I believe they were only TV and done back in the late 70's. Although it is strange it took until now for Hollywood to grab this series for the adaptation fix.

I am surprised this didn't happen in the 90's when studios went after 1960's properties (The Addams Family, The Brady Bunch, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Flinstones, Leave it to Beaver, Mission Impossible, Wild Wild West, Maverick, McHales Navy, Flipper etc.) though I think this could be a cool idea, it just seems like a weird time for this to happen.

They probably had some intern look through the 60's era properties to see if they missed anything to remake.

Long have I awaited an ultraviolent, gritty, realistic take on Gilligans Island.

They took a Three Hour Tour...of PAIN.

Is this going to be like the original show, goofy and kiddie-friendly, or will it be an ironic adult satire of the original show, filled with raunch?

I remember back when they were fan casting Jamie Kennedy and Brian Dennehey as the two leads.

This thing has given me a hankering to play the old NES game now.

Oh gawd, my city is truly in the toilet when our crackhead mayor starts showing up in fancasting lists! :(

I don't know what it is, but I really dislike this Josh Gad guy. Every time I see him in anything, I just want to punch him until he gets off the screen. It's like they took all the worst part of Jonah Hill and Jack Black and created some sort of annoying Fattenstein monster.

This x1,000

I noticed something strange about him, and once I noticed it, it made me dislike him even more. Once you notice it, you'll notice it forever. You've been warned:

In every interview, he says "literally" in EVERY sentence. I'm not talking about one of those cute quirks your friends have, I mean, literally, he literally says "literally" in literally every sentence, literally. It's literally like what I'm typing literally right now. It's literally THAT bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"