Arrow Josh Segarra is Adrian Chase/Vigilante

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
‘Arrow’: Josh Segarra Cast As Star City’s Newest Vigilante In Season 5 Regular Role
EXCLUSIVE: Oliver Queen is getting a new ally. The CW’s Arrow has cast Josh Segarra (Chicago P.D.) as a new series regular for Season 5. He will play Adrian Chase, Star City’s new district attorney and an ally of Mayor Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), who aims to clean up the streets through the legal system.

tumblr_nvis1bl6rD1qbgo38o1_1280.jpg

Much more grounded character than we've gotten over the past few seasons? Check.
Easy-to-adapt costume? Check.

I'm intrigued.

Putting aside comparisons to Laurel, it's ironic that they made Kate Spencer a normal lawyer and then killer her off, and now there's a new lawyer turned vigilante.

With him and Wild Dog, it really feel like they will copy the Punisher from DD s2.

Even if they do, I'd prefer that over their weaksauce League of Assassins and whatever the hell they were up to last season.

With him and Wild Dog, it really feel like they will copy the Punisher from DD s2.

At this point I don't care. They can copy, as long as it makes for a good season.

Here's hoping that new bloodthirsty vigilantes = dead Malcolm Merlyn, because I lose more and more respect for the show the longer he lives. He was literally the cause of ALL the conflict in S3 and they f***ing rewarded him for it. I love Barrowman, but for f*** sake, finish him. Then maybe I'll be enthusiastic again, even if I don't like the Olicity of it all.

Well, I do wonder which one will be the "Punisher." Both fit the MO: gun-toting vigilantes willing to kill. Will Adrian even be the Vigilante this season, or will they focus on his DA work like they did with Laurel in S1? If they're both their vigilante alter egos to start with, will Oliver do the "Daredevil vs. Punisher showdown" with one or both? Either way, this season is so far looking promising, but we'll see what becomes of it.

I just hope neither Vigilante nor Wild Dog has a thing for Felicity. Oh, please-please-please no.

With how they've Mary Sue'd the hell out of her, I have no doubt that at least one of them will. :o

With how they've Mary Sue'd the hell out of her, I have no doubt that at least one of them will. :o

Oh, I know. I'm just trying to be optimistic. When S4 first started, she was sort of back to S1/S2 Felicity for a while...then Baby Oliver came to town and everything went to pot. :loco:

Oliver's taking one of them under his wing, right? I remember reading it somewhere. I think it's Mad Dog.

Yeah, he's taking Wild Dog under his wing...but who knows if that's after they've fought for several episodes? And we're not even sure Adrian will be the Vigilante right away yet. It could take an entire season to develop him into that character. (And boy, that'd actually be nice for a change!)

I don't see it. Daredevil wasn't the first story to feature heroes with conflicting ideologies and I don't understand why people thought it would be the last. Especially since Oliver trying to turn a murderous vigilante good is a perfect to parallel to the flashbacks that will involve him evolving into a murderous vigilante, which was part of what excited Berlanti about the show in the first place.

Last edited:
I just hope neither Vigilante nor Wild Dog has a thing for Felicity. Oh, please-please-please no.
I don't think they are not rich enough. :o

She could still gain their house when she left them though. :sly:

Last edited:
The only thing I'll point out as far as comparisons between Laurel and Adrian goes is this:

The stated, official reason for Laurel's departure is they had no more stories for her (the soon-to-be District Attorney and secret vigilante). Now, Adrian Chase is being cast to fill the same role they claimed they had no stories for Laurel with. There is, sadly, only one story Adrian can fulfill that Laurel couldn't since they did a thorough job of removing reminders of her and Oliver's long-time friendship and prior relationships: drumming up the Olicity angst.

The only thing I'll point out as far as comparisons between Laurel and Adrian goes is this:

The stated, official reason for Laurel's departure is they had no more stories for her (the soon-to-be District Attorney and secret vigilante). Now, Adrian Chase is being cast to fill the same role they claimed they had no stories for Laurel with. There is, sadly, only one story Adrian can fulfill that Laurel couldn't since they did a thorough job of removing reminders of her and Oliver's long-time friendship and prior relationships: drumming up the Olicity angst.

I mean, Laurel could've done that in the reverse way. Adrian could end up being a temporary love interest for Felicity, causing a love triangle, but on the other hand Laurel could've renewed her love with Oliver, causing a love triangle. So there's literally nothing different there other than gender. The only difference is Olicity fans would've thrown a fit if Oliver and Laurel got together even temporarily, whereas if Felicity gets with Adrian, some will get mad and others will say "Good for Felicity for moving on from Oliver; we all know this'll only be temporary anyway." :whatever:

Or Vigilante could start murdering the Hell out of people, which Black Canary wouldn't do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"