Arrow Arrow 3.23 My Name Is Oliver Queen

It seems like Barry, Ollie and Ronnie only defeated Harrison Wells shortly before, because Barry was going to have a talk with Wells. Unless of course, Wells was unconscious for a longer period of time. But even if it were a longer period of time (eg weeks or even days rather than say, 24 hours, if Barry knew that Ollie was actually still good and fighting for the side of right, then couldn't he have told Team Arrow to let them know so that they would trust Oliver when they went to Nanda Parbat?

And if someone like Lyla were able to pass on the message to Ollie that Barry needed help in Central City, then presumably she (or someone in Argus) must've known that Ollie was simply undercover and faking brainwashing. But if Lyla knew, then couldn't she have told Diggle?

And if Ollie were able to get the nano tech from Ray for his arrows, then shouldn't Ray have been in the know as well? But he seems to have been just as ignorant as the rest of the team when being gassed. Surely Oliver couldn't have figured out how to work Ray's nanotech by himself and apply it to his arrows?

It seems that at least someone other than Malcolm Merlyn must've known that Olllie was faking turning bad, but that has been overlooked, or these heroes must have extremely poor communication skills. Just a heads up would've cleared up all this misunderstanding.

And also, when did Ollie clue Nyssa in that he was planning to turn on Ra's? Why should she help him when she was on the plane if she was still upset about this wedding? You'd think she wouldn't really care who dies out of the two of them. But it's as if she was in the know.

As someone already said in this thread "Logic, you're trying to use logic!" :woot:

We didn't see Oliver stabbing him after though did we? So ra's dying after seemed a bit strange.

Need to re-watch it, but i could have sworn he did….

Ra's clearly looked at the hole in the middle of his chest which was pooling blood.

tumblr_inline_nofx2nj6T61qgkq5l_1280.jpg

Just wanted to note that Malcolm stays winning and Oliver keeps his secrets.

Ra's clearly looked at the hole in the middle of his chest which was pooling blood.

That bit of the scene looks exactly as intended, not a bad choreograph, Oliver does the same that Ra's did to him, grabs Ra's sword, hits him in the throat, cuts his side (the bit that people are pretending is him stabbing Ra's), and THEN runs him through with the sword. There was nothing technically wrong with the scene.

That bit of the scene looks exactly as intended, not a bad choreograph, Oliver does the same that Ra's did to him, grabs Ra's sword, hits him in the throat, cuts his side (the bit that people are pretending is him stabbing Ra's), and THEN runs him through with the sword. There was nothing technically wrong with the scene.

Yep. I don't see a problem with it,myself.

this was embarassing. I will pretend season 3 doesn't exist, and hope that season 4 will be good.

Yes, this was really embarassing. Oliver got off way to easily for all the **** he's caused. Kidnapping, almost murdering Diggle's wife....

Flash could have fixed this in a second. It's just lame that they brought him in to help them escape, and then him choosing an interrogation over helping to save an entire city. Blood is on Barry's hands...
Also Ra's is dead!! and now Malcolm is the new Ra's? Neessa can take him down easily. Also Ra's was fooled way to easily, just plain silly.

Same happened with Oliver but we saw how fast that was retconned.

Flash could have fixed this in a second. It's just lame that they brought him in to help them escape, and then him choosing an interrogation over helping to save an entire city. Blood is on Barry's hands...

"Choosing an interrogation over helping to save an entire city" is a really big oversimplification.

He freed Team Arrow, giving Oliver the necessary help to stop R'as. Then went back to attend to the The time-traveling, genius-level psychopath with the ability to alter time and unmake all of reality that's being held prisoner inside of the machine he needs to do so.

If anything, leaving the Reverse-Flash to help one city was the irresponsible act.

Same with Thea.... And Sara.

Looks like death is starting not to mean much on Arrow.

Oliver and Thea getting back up were pre-planned parts of the story. They've said R'as is staying down. Sara and Merlyn were questionable, yes. But there's Tommy, Floyd, Moira, Shado, Maseo, Yao Fei, Brother Blood, Ravager, Count Vertigo.

I don't understand this. I thought Season 3 was highly enjoyable and had a GREAT finale??
Because some folks simply didn't like it. Me, I'm with you. I enjoyed the season and the finale, and don't get all the harsh criticism.
Oh well, different strokes, I guess.

Oliver and Thea getting back up were pre-planned parts of the story. They've said R'as is staying down. Sara and Merlyn were questionable, yes. But there's Tommy, Floyd, Moira, Shado, Maseo, Yao Fei, Brother Blood, Ravager, Count Vertigo.

Where did they say Ra's was staying dead? Because MG definitely said that he wants to bring him back.

"Choosing an interrogation over helping to save an entire city" is a really big oversimplification.

He freed Team Arrow, giving Oliver the necessary help to stop R'as. Then went back to attend to the The time-traveling, genius-level psychopath with the ability to alter time and unmake all of reality that's being held prisoner inside of the machine he needs to do so.

If anything, leaving the Reverse-Flash to help one city was the irresponsible act.

That's a bit of a stretch. We have the potential deaths of an entire city at stake and his biggest excuse is "I need to go have a conversation with Wells."

That's why I don't want these little guest spots,because it makes no sense unless you're willing to fully incorporate him into the story. At least with the Arrow guest spot it was at the end-story resolved. Here there was still a threat. It just wasn't handled well at all.

That's what he almost litterally said. "I need to go have a conversation with Wells." And then he left an entire city to die.
Wells was already in the bag, no threat anymore. If he still was a threat Barry would not have gone to Nanda Barbat (which according to the show seems to be about 20miles from Starlin City...)

Because some folks simply didn't like it. Me, I'm with you. I enjoyed the season and the finale, and don't get all the harsh criticism.

:huh:

But it's not hard to understand, many people are frustrated with bad writing resulting in things that don't make any sense, poor characterization of several characters, the Batmanization of Oliver, the unnecessary love triangle of Oliver-Felicity-Ray, etc, etc... to pretend everything was fine is actually harder to understand because obviously it was not, it would be like saying junk food is good for your health.

1) They could also bring Ra's back for hallucinations, dreams, an/or flashbacks.

2) Guggenheim would say that Ra's' death would stick even if he had no intention of keeping that promise. He's not going to spoil the villains' return after the heroes' "triumphant" victory over him.

Normally, I'd say sure bring him back,since that's basically Ra's whole shtick. But I've had enough of him and the entire LOA TBH. Let him lie. There are other fish in the DC villain sea.

Season 3 was the worst, so I'd like to forget about all of that along with Ra's.

:huh:

But it's not hard to understand, many people are frustrated with bad writing resulting in things that don't make any sense, poor characterization of several characters, the Batmanization of Oliver, the unnecessary love triangle of Oliver-Felicity-Ray, etc, etc... to pretend everything was fine is actually harder to understand because obviously it was not, it would be like saying junk food is good for your health.

I'm not "pretending" anything, I simply don't agree that any of those criticisms are valid.

The only parts of season 3 I will keep are Dinah Laurel becoming Black Canary, Ray Palmer becoming Atom, Tatsu Yamashiro becoming Katana, and Thea Dearden Queen becoming Speedy. The rest can go away!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"