Joss Whedon developing Marvel SHIELD series for ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested in hearing to what extent Whedon will be involved with this show. Helping Marvel to develop a show could mean a variety of different things. Will he choose another person to actually take on the role of show runner and lend his name to the project as a hands off producer, maybe write and direct the pilot or do you think he'll be in it for the whole Buffy/Angel/Firefly/Dollhouse nine yards? That doesn't seem hugely likely to me though.

Doubt he'll showrun, he's got an Avengers sequel to make. Maybe he'll bring in one of his old showrunner pals from the days Angel/Buffy/Firefly were all going on at once to oversee the bulk of the production

Ny the end, Whedon always had a co-showrunner on his shows to watch over things while he wasn't there because he had three shows on TV at once. He'll probably do that again, be show runner but have a partner for when he's busy.

Well who's to sa he can't also be showrunner just be it in name and others control the day to day aspects but whedon still oversees and makes final calls. We don't even know yet what the show it, when they expect to write it and go to pilot and compared ti when he will write/direct avengers. And avengerrs cause likely won't be filming to 2014 anway. And probably work on script for it towards end/middle of next yr. So if they work on tv show now and get it moving forr fall next yr. Joss could spend at least first bunch of episodes as fully in charge.

I REALLY hope it's a prequel about Coulson. That would be amazing.

Either way it looks like I'll have another show besides 'The Walking Dead' to watch. :D

Should be interesting. I'm guessing it will be kind of an ensemble show.

YES!

I am so psyched for this. And imagine all of the crossovers and introductions to lesser known characters. With Whedon and his people behind this, I have no doubt this will be promising. And this comes from a die hard Buffy/Angel/Firefly fan.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

It would never happen, but I'd trip balls if they got SLJ as the series lead.

All this show needs now is a big dose of Hasselhoff.

I was SO excited to read this, and then I saw Jed Whedon/Maurissa Tancharoen and Jeffrey Bell's (aka, the guy who gave me my favorite final season ever with Angel) names as co-EP's, and got even MORE excited.

And then...Jeph Loeb. I despise all of Jeph Loeb's work in television and had no idea he had jumped over to Marvel TV. I can only hope his is a "name only" kind of credit and he leaves the creative side to the Whedons and Bell. Still, he's outnumbered by 4 great TV writers so I'm not too worried.

Overall, I'm pumped, and can't wait to see what this show is gonna look like. :up:

Loeb is the head of Marvel TV so he'll get an EP credit no matter how creatively involved he is (or isn't)

Plus, he's friends with Joss and, I'd imagine, recognizes that Joss is a much better writer than he is. He'll keep his nose out of this business.

But, honestly, season 3 of Heroes aside, I don't have much of a problem with Loeb's TV work. It's his comic work over the better part of the last decade that makes me want to punch myself in the face. :o

I hope Maria Hill is the main character. In the comics, she's kind of an awful person, and I'd like to see that as the lead. Would be interesting.

Also part of me wants to see some kind of sketch where Andrew and Xander nerd out over it.

So basically damage control? This has me very excited

No, SHIELD. One is an intelligence agency. The other is a contracting firm. There is a significant difference between what those two things entail.

I don't know if Cobie will have the time with the pilot going into production immediately, she'll probably be busy with HIMYM.

Hopefully the lead is one Carol Danvers

I won't be surprised if Joss includes S.W.O.R.D. and Abigail Brand in some capacity.

I don't know if Cobie will have the time with the pilot going into production immediately, she'll probably be busy with HIMYM.

Hopefully the lead is one Carol Danvers

Immediately could mean a lot of different things. The fact is they still have to do a ton of preproduction work, like writing the script, hiring the crew, getting the writing staff together, and casting. Plus, knowing Whedon and his love for story arcs, they're probably going to work on mapping out the show's myth arc in pre-production too. All that might take a while.

Also I've fallen behind on HIMYM and kind of assumed it was having it's last season, like, this year. Although that now seems like only a maybe.

I won't be surprised if Joss includes S.W.O.R.D. and Abigail Brand in some capacity.

That would be boss.

They can now throw B-list Marvel heroes in like Jessica Drew, Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and if we are lucky, we could get Henry Pym if Ant-Man doesn't go as planned. Or at least Janet Van Dyne.

:up:

While this SHOULD be the final season of HIMYM, it hasn't been confirmed whether or not it will be. I'd hate to see Hill recast, but she just may not be available.

I can't wait to meet the characters that will eventually be killed off in Avengers 2!

Loeb is the head of Marvel TV so he'll get an EP credit no matter how creatively involved he is (or isn't)
Yeah, I didn't know that 'til I read it in this article. So like I said, I hope his credit is just an obligatory "name only" one due to his title.

And I would LOVE for Carol Danvers to be the lead in this show.

While this SHOULD be the final season of HIMYM, it hasn't been confirmed whether or not it will be. I'd hate to see Hill recast, but she just may not be available.

They're negotiating for the possibility of a ninth. Personally, I'm hoping for two more, with the Mother being introduced at the end of the current one. I want a full year to get to know the mother. If they only introduce her in the show's final hour, it'll feel like such an afterthought.

They're negotiating for the possibility of a ninth. Personally, I'm hoping for two more, with the Mother being introduced at the end of the current one. I want a full year to get to know the mother. If they only introduce her in the show's final hour, it'll feel like such an afterthought.
But then you risk the likely chance of people NOT liking the mother.

I don't think it's that likely... I mean, there's always a possibility, but I really don't think it's a certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"