Joss Whedon developing Marvel SHIELD series for ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, okay, I thought you meant as a whole.

Connor is now a Mad Man.

Connor! Just hearing that name makes me want to break something.:cmad:

That punk b**** ass Connor. I loved season4 despite him being there. I wanted Angelus to kill his ass.

He genuinely was the worst. Like Dawn at her worst and then turned up to 11.

If anyone still thought that, they must be living in a fantasy world.

If anyone still thought that, they must be living in a fantasy world.

Some still do, believe it or not. Most have been reduced to just hoping that Coulson really is dead and whimpering about cheapened deaths, nobody will ever die again, etc. It's cute, actually.

Well if they are recognising that movie, then it does help in that they don't need to retell Castle's backstory. If it's Jane, we already have seen what happened in Florida. He could even make reference to that and, since Marvel must own the rights to the 2004 film as well, they could even have flashbacks from that.

It would be like they have suddenly have an already existing Punisher set up in their MCU continuity.
I think you could easily fit Punisher '04 into the CMU simply because he's always been kind of an under-the-radar guy. He's not sticking his nose in alien invasions (yet anyhow), or super-villain fights. He's also only human, so it stands to reason he could operate for a while without the capes or SHIELD taking notice.

Just have him be an urban legend, that way none of the characters really have to display much foreknowledge of him.

I think he's just a perfect cameo for the show.

I think you could easily fit Punisher '04 into the CMU simply because he's always been kind of an under-the-radar guy. He's not sticking his nose in alien invasions (yet anyhow), or super-villain fights. He's also only human, so it stands to reason he could operate for a while without the capes or SHIELD taking notice.

Just have him be an urban legend, that way none of the characters really have to display much foreknowledge of him.

I think he's just a perfect cameo for the show.

Except Fury, because he knows everything. ;)

Actually, setting it in the MCU would explain one bit of weirdness: the Russian. In the MCU, its entirely credible that the Russian was the beneficiary of some random superhuman experiment or other, hence his rather freakish capacity.

No. NO!!! Connor is worse.

Connor is definitely worse than Dawn, imo. Dawn bothered me a lot less on subsequent re-watches, knowing the whole deal with her from the beginning. Her characterization, as annoying as it was (especially early on), made a certain kind of sense. With Connor, on the other hand, it seemed like what the writers were going for with that character didn't come across quite right, which just added to the frustration of a character who was already meant to be frustrating to begin with.

I was never bothered by Connor or Dawn. I liked them both just fine.

I love Connor since his brain got fixed. He didn't annoy me that much before that, though (outside of that one... thing... that happened in season 4, although that was more Jasmine/Cordelia's fault than his to begin with).

Goodness gracious. Dawn...

:down

I stuck with Buffy through all that crap with Riley, but Dawn was the end. After a few episodes with that annoying twit I dropped it like a bad habit.

I stuck with Buffy through all that crap with Riley, but Dawn was the end. After a few episodes with that annoying twit I dropped it like a bad habit.

I always find that saying unintentionally hilarious. Ask anyone who's actually tried to drop a 'bad habit' and they'd tell you it doesn't work. :woot:

Do you mean that literally, as in you dropped it after the first few eps of Season 5? If so, you missed some amazing episodes!

No. NO!!! Connor is worse.

Oh snap, Connor is definitely worse. But I hated Dawn as well.

Connor is definitely worse than Dawn, imo. Dawn bothered me a lot less on subsequent re-watches, knowing the whole deal with her from the beginning. Her characterization, as annoying as it was (especially early on), made a certain kind of sense. With Connor, on the other hand, it seemed like what the writers were going for with that character didn't come across quite right, which just added to the frustration of a character who was already meant to be frustrating to begin with.

Yeah, I preferred Connor after Angel joined Wolfram & Hart. Of course, he was hardly in that episode. Surprisingly, I geeked out when he showed up to help fight Hamilton in the finale.

I hated that season with Riley and Adam. That season was dookie.

It wasn't just Riley (though he was a big part of it). The whole arc in S4 was one the weakest of the series, and Adam was a terrible Big Bad. But that season also had 2 of my all-time favorite episodes (Restless and Hush), so it wasn't all bad.

Yeah, I preferred Connor after Angel joined Wolfram & Hart. Of course, he was hardly in that episode. Surprisingly, I geeked out when he showed up to help fight Hamilton in the finale.
Well, yeah, "Reset" Connor was fine. Unfortunately, that Connor only appeared in 2 episodes out of almost 30, so Connor mostly just sucked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"