Joss Whedon developing Marvel SHIELD series for ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved dollhouse as well.

Joss should find a role for Eliza on shield

No thanks. Not as a main cast member or regular anyway, otherwise it will just become the new Eliza Dushku show.

Eliza was my least-favorite actor on Dollhouse anyway, so I agree.

I've gotta agree, she was the least impressive aspect of dollhouse. I'd love it if they got Alan tudyk in there somewhere, Amy acker too.

As much as I love Summer Glau. It would be nice to see this show last for a decent amount of time. If it is good

There is no escaping the glau. No escape, no surviving.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Thomas Jane cameo as the Punisher on this show. Have the SHIELD agents capture him to help them track down some one or two episode villain. I think that would be really cool.

I'd like to see Thomas Jane cameo as the Punisher on this show. Have the SHIELD agents capture him to help them track down some one or two episode villain. I think that would be really cool.

Maybe Matt Murdock will show up to advise him of his legal rights.

Well, anytime someone on this show asks for their lawyer, it would be cool if the likes of Murdock or even a pre-She-Hulk Jennifer Walters show up.

Or have them go after him as what they perceive as a high level serial killer.

Does Thomas Jane do TV? And will Marvel want to keep him on as the Punisher? It's like they're endorsing and legitimising the 2004 version over the Ray Stevenson version (which was partly produced by Marvel Studios wasn't it?) and saying that it's now the accepted canon.

Am I the only one who has absolutely no desire to ever see the Punisher be a part of this show or the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe?

I don't see it being a problem. They brought back Sean Connery as bond aft the lazenby by film, didn't they?

Does Thomas Jane do TV? And will Marvel want to keep him on as the Punisher? It's like they're endorsing and legitimising the 2004 version over the Ray Stevenson version (which was partly produced by Marvel Studios wasn't it?) and saying that it's now the accepted canon.
It does seem that way, doesn't it? I think they recognize him as a fan favorite, and in hindsight, the movie is criminally underrated. It's really only Travolta who kind of sours it in my opinion.

Yes, Thomas Jane absolutely does television.

It does seem that way, doesn't it? I think they recognize him as a fan favorite, and in hindsight, the movie is criminally underrated. It's really only Travolta who kind of sours it in my opinion.

Yes, Thomas Jane absolutely does television.

Well if they are recognising that movie, then it does help in that they don't need to retell Castle's backstory. If it's Jane, we already have seen what happened in Florida. He could even make reference to that and, since Marvel must own the rights to the 2004 film as well, they could even have flashbacks from that.

It would be like they have suddenly have an already existing Punisher set up in their MCU continuity.

As much as I love Summer Glau. It would be nice to see this show last for a decent amount of time. If it is good

Honestly, the whole 'Summer Glau curse' joke is getting old. Especially I've come across a few people who actually believe it as something real.

The fact of the matter is that lots of new shows fail and don't get renewed. This is especially so with 'geeky' niche genres like sci-fi; which just so happens to be be the genre Glau tends to go for.

I don't care about The Punisher as any kind of headliner, because I don't think he's interesting enough to carry his own movie franchise, but I think he's perfectly suited to making a guest appearance or two this TV show.

As for Faith, I always liked her. I mean, yeah, she had a horrible attitude, but she was meant to be that way, and her whole character arc was one of my favorites in the Buffyverse. But that doesn't make me like Eliza any better. :oldrazz:

I don't care about The Punisher as any kind of headliner, because I don't think he's interesting enough to carry his own movie franchise, but I think he's perfectly suited to making a guest appearance or two this TV show.

As for Faith, I always liked her. I mean, yeah, she had a horrible attitude, but she was meant to be that way, and her whole character arc was one of my favorites in the Buffyverse. But that doesn't make me like Eliza any better. :oldrazz:

Joss is good with character arcs. Cordi's arc is crazy when you think about the change she went through.

Joss is good with character arcs. Cordi's arc is crazy when you think about the change she went through.
Yeah, I think Wesley, Faith and Cordelia (ignoring Angel S4) all had some of my favorite character arcs of any show, period. They were just so good.

Which is why I'm glad Joss is using original characters here, so he (and Jed & Mo) can feel free to do whatever they choose with these characters, without worrying about "breaking canon" or upsetting the fans or anything like that. I do expect them to bring other comics-based characters in and out of the show on a regular basis, but those characters shouldn't have the driving arcs of the series, imo.

Yeah, I think Wesley, Faith and Cordelia (ignoring Angel S4) all had some of my favorite character arcs of any show, period. They were just so good.

Which is why I'm glad Joss is using original characters here, so he (and Jed & Mo) can feel free to do whatever they choose with these characters, without worrying about "breaking canon" or upsetting the fans or anything like that. I do expect them to bring other comics-based characters in and out of the show on a regular basis, but those characters shouldn't have the driving arcs of the series, imo.

I can't wait to see the tragedy Joss is going to wreak on these original characters. It's another thing I like about him. The weight and emotional turmoil really builds and builds in his shows until the characters break. They don't get off scott free and they don't go unscathed. Eventually the bad comes home. Example being Buffy. Season 6 is some of the most depressing **** I've seen on television. Just one thing after another.

:argh:

Well... except for Cordelia/Connor. That was turrible.

I can't wait to see the tragedy Joss is going to wreak on these original characters. It's another thing I like about him. The weight and emotional turmoil really builds and builds in his shows until the characters break. They don't get off scott free and they don't go unscathed. Eventually the bad comes home. Example being Buffy. Season 6 is some of the most depressing **** I've seen on television. Just one thing after another.
Yep, that's my favorite thing about Joss as a showrunner. Forward motion and emotional continuity. Everything has consequences and takes a toll in his stories eventually.

Hey now, I LOVE Angel S4. It's probably my 2nd favorite season of the show. By "ignoring Angel S4," I only meant that I don't count that as part of Cordelia's arc, since anything substantial she did that season wasn't really Cordelia at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"