Age of Extinction June 26, 2009

OobeDoobBenubi

Sidekick
Reaction score
Despite a recent comment from Transformers director Michael Bay that the studio hasn't been going full speed ahead on a sequel because of the possible strike next year, Paramount Pictures has now set a June 26, 2009 release date for Transformers 2. It is unclear who all will return for the sequel, as far as crew and cast members. Hopefully we'll know more soon.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6337

I find it interresting that they already have a date in mind even though they have almost nothing in place. I know the date isn't set in stone, but still it's kind of silly if you ask me.

>^..^<

not silly its dmb. why rush things?

the movie is out. lets wait that it comes on the dvd. then lets watch the movie for 100 times.

after that we can think about a sequel.

Weirder things have happened than planning a date with nothing set. They started filming Spider-Man 2 before a script was even written.

Right now everything depends on whether or not a strike is gonna happen in 2008, hence the rush of release dates from major studios.

That is pretty quick, I wanted 3 years between the two films to make sure they have time to come up with a good story and script, but like Super_Ludacris said, the studios are worried about the strike that may or may not come and I hope they do not rush this just to put something out.

Well it was given the green light by Paramount before the first movie was released, so its pretty evident that they want TF2 to hit the screens as soon as it is possible.

If they can get TF2 out by 2009, then great. But I don't want them to rush the script. That is my main concern with this piece of news.

Weirder things have happened than planning a date with nothing set. They started filming Spider-Man 2 before a script was even written.
I think it was said Raimi and crew always had a train sequence in mind.

Thanks, this is earlier than I expected that we'd get an official release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"