• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jurassic World - - Part 11

The film also broke a well known Hollywood rule: The black character dies.

But in this film, he lives! Which means that he could be back for the sequel.
giphy.gif

I liked Omar Sy's character, I was glad he was there at the end in the hospital centre as after that moment with Blue we didn't see what happened to him.

They killed tons of white people instead. Racist!

Why is it every big blockbuster gets compared to a marvel film, or better yet a MCU film? Marvel really is the top dog...

Prob because Marvel VS any movie that ever comes out is always brought up by Marvel FanBoys. And NO Marvel is Clearly not "Top Dog" Jurassic World kicked AOU butt in the Box Office, heak it beat out The Avengers to take over I believe 3rd overall!

Jurassic World was great! it was without a doubt the best Jurassic sequel. Nothing will ever top the Original Jurassic Park movie. but This was a great and very strong sequel!

Jurassic Park 9.5/10
Jurassic World 8/10
The Lost World 6.5/10
Jurassic Park III 4.5/10

Prob because Marvel VS any movie that ever comes out is always brought up by Marvel FanBoys. And NO Marvel is Clearly not "Top Dog" Jurassic World kicked AOU butt in the Box Office, heak it beat out The Avengers to take over I believe 3rd overall!

Jurassic World was great! it was without a doubt the best Jurassic sequel. Nothing will ever top the Original Jurassic Park movie. but This was a great and very strong sequel!

Jurassic Park 9.5/10
Jurassic World 8/10
The Lost World 6.5/10
Jurassic Park III 4.5/10

I love how you're mad and or overly excited I honestly can't tell...
The dude who brought it up said that he thought JW was inferior to AOU, MI:Rogue Nation, Mad Max, and Ant Man. So basically the big summer movies and yet it became a back and forth on JW vs AOU. And in my observations it is not always some "marvel fanboy" that brings marvel into the conversation, many times it's been the opposite.

The film also broke a well known Hollywood rule: The black character dies.

But in this film, he lives! Which means that he could be back for the sequel.

AVP did that with having a black woman live and be the main character.

I love how you're mad and or overly excited I honestly can't tell...
The dude who brought it up said that he thought JW was inferior to AOU, MI:Rogue Nation, Mad Max, and Ant Man. So basically the big summer movies and yet it became a back and forth on JW vs AOU. And in my observations it is not always some "marvel fanboy" that brings marvel into the conversation, many times it's been the opposite.

If you took me as mad or excited you could not be more wrong and I apologize if you took me that way. I was just expanding on what you said. Expressing my feelings as well as facts (BO number) as reference.
I'm not one to get butt hurt over silly topics like a lot seem to do here. You are correct, Marvel and DC fanboys tend to always bring it up as if everyone MUST favor one brand over the other. I find it quite ridiculous honestly.

Last edited:
If you took me as mad or excited you could not be more wrong and I apologize if you took me that way. I was just expanding on what you said. Expressing my feelings as well as facts (BO number) as reference.
I'm not one to get butt hurt over silly topics. You are correct, Marvel and DC fanboys tend to always bring it up as if everyone MUST favor one brand over the other. I find it quite ridiculous honestly.

It's fine. People can talk about whatever they want I just never see the point in repetitive back and forths after its established that neither party is going to change their mind.

It's fine. People can talk about whatever they want I just never see the point in repetitive back and forths after its established that neither party is going to change their mind.

You are correct!

But to be back on Topic, Jurassic World and Mad Max were my favorite movies of Summer 2015.

Watching it for the first time since I got it on Blu ray I thought the tension was lacking. Sure they tried but there was just something missing I was never on the edge of my seat like I still get when watching the raptors kitchen scene from JP. The end fight is an absolute delight.

Watching it for the first time since I got it on Blu ray I thought the tension was lacking. Sure they tried but there was just something missing I was never on the edge of my seat like I still get when watching the raptors kitchen scene from JP. The end fight is an absolute delight.

You know, I kind of felt that way until the Raptor jumped through the drivers side window of the Box Truck. I jumped lol. That was the Raptor coming through the ventilation duct jump scare from the first film and it GOT me lol. I think the tension you speak of that I felt too was kinda used and filled in with the I-REX, especially since the Raptors, Well... Blue anyways was kinda a "Anti-Hero" in a way.

You know, I kind of felt that way until the Raptor jumped through the drivers side window of the Box Truck. I jumped lol. That was the Raptor coming through the ventilation duct jump scare from the first film and it GOT me lol. I think the tension you speak of that I felt too was kinda used and filled in with the I-REX, especially since the Raptors, Well... Blue anyways was kinda a "Anti-Hero" in a way.

Totally agreed with this, once the Raptors turned 'bad' I thought there was lots of tension, until then the I-Rex provided the tension.

Totally agreed with this, once the Raptors turned 'bad' I thought there was lots of tension, until then the I-Rex provided the tension.

Oh yeah, When I-Rex was communicating with the Raptors and Owen was like "Oh Crap they have a new Alpha" I was on the edge of my seat like "oh crap" as well!

I didn't really blame the raptors in that sense as they are wild animals and they found a more imposing alpha to follow that convinced them via those raptor squawks. They all came around to their senses at the end though. I liked that they had their own little arc.

A couple things that did bug me though in the film was the lack or more Animatronics. I thought the CG looked fantastic for the most part, but in some places it did leave some things to be desired.

Also, the I-Rex camouflage! What an awesome surprise that was I loved it, wish the I-Rex had used it in more than just that one scene! could have really played big in with some other places for jump scare value!

But still I give this film a solid 8/10 rating.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, When I-Rex was communicating with the Raptors and Owen was like "Oh Crap they have a new Alpha" I was on the edge of my seat like "oh crap" as well!

Yeah same here, and then they were running riot killing people until Owen managed to reconnect with Blue.

I didn't really blame the raptors in that sense as they are wild animals and they found a more imposing alpha to follow that convinced them via those raptor squawks. They all came around to their senses at the end though. I liked that they had their own little arc.

I loved that they had their own little arc, I thought it was a great touch, 2 of my favourite moments in the movie were Blue saving the T-Rex from certain death and then the end scene when Blue wants to go with Owen but can't. I actually felt more sad for Blue in that moment than I did with many human characters in other summer movies. It was brilliant.

I did like that they kept it ambiguous what the I-Rex more or less "said" to them. Probably a "why are you following these things that we normally use as food?"

Box office threads will go ballistic if Star Wars fails to top Jurassic World domestically. And continue to go ballistic. The narrative is already cemented, basically. The disappointment is guaranteed when the film won't crack $200 million opening weekend. And if it doesn't clear $600 million domestic they're going to treat it like they've been treating Age of Ultron.

Dinosaurs are hugely appealing to boys which served as a demographic. You've already got an audience regardless of the franchise nostalgia. Add in the fact that much of the movie also centers around two boys adventuring in a dinosaur park. It's just got more appeal. If it's a disappointing film I think there will be less pushback, if it fails to top Jurassic World. However if it's good, coming in under will bring chaos. You'll see endless posts about the horrible tastes of audiences.

I did like that they kept it ambiguous what the I-Rex more or less "said" to them. Probably a "why are you following these things that we normally use as food?"

That was the best way to do it IMO, as not knowing what was said creates more tension, especially when later on the raptors corner Owen, Claire and the kids.

I guess these creatures are on their own again. Without periodic injections of certain drugs or (for carnosaurs) a regular food supply, will they survive? How are animals prevented from migrating from the island?

I guess these creatures are on their own again. Without periodic injections of certain drugs or (for carnosaurs) a regular food supply, will they survive? How are animals prevented from migrating from the island?

Questions I imagine the sequel will answer. The dinosaurs seemed to do fine on their own for most of the first 3 movies though.

That's one thing I've always wanted addressed that never has been and this has happened in TLW, JPIII and now JW. The Pterodactyls and other flying and now water based Dino's. You would imagine they have made it to mainland somewhere else. its never been addressed.

I think that is a bit of fridge horror they never want to discuss. Though the next movie might.

This might be a bit short sighted but besides the T-rex the park can recover right?

-The I-rex is dead
-The pterodactyls are knocked out
-Only one raptor is loose. The other three are dead.
-The T-rex is loose but I'm sure they can tranquilize it.

So all in all not bad. Two of the main attraction pens were damaged.

I would like to see the next movie have Owen and Claire globe trot to stop the dinosaurs that have been weaponized.

The raptors switching sides and all that is the best I've seen them used since the first movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"