Just bought

Discussion in 'Products' started by y2jversion1, Oct 12, 2006.

1. this may sound like a stupid question but does anyone out there know if there going to release a classics optimus prime with a trailer because as cool as that toy is its just not prime without his trailer

2. MEXBONE Registered

^^i wouldent mind one, those japanese ones are kind expensive

3. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

I bought the series 2 Engergon Devastator, I had to buy Long Hall, Quickmix, Bonecrusher, Scavenger, Buckethead and HighTower separately then join the together, I have them in the boxes itching to open...but I want to keep them in a box like my Cybertron Prime which I want to open too....

4. MEXBONE Registered

i taught that was from the classics series :huh:... i wanna get one of these
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=7026&ss=as

[​IMG]
    http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=7025&ss=as

5. Dave McFly Space Pikachu

Classics devastator IS a repainted repackaged Energon Devastor but all packaged together. there was a engergon bruticus and energon superion that will probably get repainted and repackaged as well. just like the repainted and repackaged RID's build team all yellow for the Universe line and in purple and green as a different Devastator for I think a Target exclusive set.

6. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I took a photoshoot with my Devastator :p

7. cryptic name No Limits

just picked up classics Rodimus and Ramjet. i originally thought Ramjet was just a Starscream repiant, but the whole jet is actually different, the transformation is a bit different too.

8. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

9. 1987olds442 Registered

That is a pretty cool little set. Kind of G2 like :up:

Oh on some of the early releases in that two pack Megatron's feet are on backwards. If you have one of those sets it only really affects the alt mode the feet won't fold as flat as they should, but it's an easy fix remove the screws on the legs ans swap the feet from one side to the other and flip them around. I had to do it with mine.

10. y2jversion1 Registered

I did that on the weekend :)

Along with Classics: Jetfire, Grimlock & Mirage..

Oh..and pre-ordered MP-05 Megatron from A3U..

Hasbro/Takara/Tomy are going to ruin me..

11. Jimmy, GL Wants a GL movie

I like the OP from that set, the Megs not so much. Also a warning on the OP figure. His "Super Punch" action will go wonky sometimes and snap on the inside making him spin completely around on the hinge. If you wish to fix this and lose the "Super Punching" action then just use Scotch tape to keep him in place. If not then you will have to take him apart and fix the gear inside.

12. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

Thanks for the tip(s). :up::up:

13. ErichRhom Registered

I found classics Cliffjumper and Ramjet today!!

14. cryptic name No Limits

yesterday i picked up the Target exclusive Ultra Magnus and Skywarp two pack.

15. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

16. cryptic name No Limits

17. OptimusPrimeRib Registered

I said I wouldn't let this happen and yet here I am with Transformers Classics containers torn open in a pile beside me. I just got Optimus, Bumble Bee, Starscream, and Astrotrain. I had been eyeing these at the store for a while, but decided not to get them because I knew if I ever got one I would want them all. I had been doing good in holding out until my wife made the mistake of getting me the Classics Optimus for my birthday. I immediately went out and got the rest that were available localy. I'm sure I'll be out this weekend searching for the rest. I'm really impressed by the quality, they actually look good in both modes.

18. cryptic name No Limits

i know, the classics line the greatest thing hasbro has given us in a long, long time. i seiously want that f**king soundwave.

19. OptimusPrimeRib Registered

Yeah I want him too. Although I'm am kind of dissappointed that he is apparently an exact replica of the G1 toy seeing as how they've done such a good job updating the others in the line. The new jets are vastly superior to their G1 models. I still have some of the original jets and their robot modes are really pretty weak by comparison.

20. OptimusPrimeRib Registered

Is the Ultra Magnus in that set the same size as the voyager class prime? If so that's a great price for the set. It's like getting Shywarp for free.

21. Jimmy, GL Wants a GL movie

Yes in fact he's a repaint. Same with Skywarp. He's a repaint of Starscream. It's bascially you buy Ultra magnus and get Skywarp for free. I think it's a very good set.

22. cryptic name No Limits

yeah, the jets are great, i have all of them. soundwave isn't an exact replica in that he fits tow tapes in his chest instead of just one. he comes with both laserbeak and ravage, who both fit in the chest compartment at the same time.

23. lars573 Registered

24. lars573 Registered

In other news I just got Classics Optimus Prime, Megatron, Rodimus, and Astrotrain.

25. OptimusPrimeRib Registered

Bought the commemorative edition Soundwave today. He's great and Ravage and Laserbeak rock! He looks surprisingly good with the rest of the classics line. I was afraid that since he is essentially identical to his G1 toy he would look out of place with updated classics. He's on scale with voyager class in bot form and fits right in with the rest. My only complaint, the knees are only hinged to go backwards, so only poses with straight legs are possible. Still he looks good with Laserbeak perched on his arm. He even comes with the original sticker sheet.

Also picked up a Windcharger from the Heros of Cybertron line, that I didn't know existed. I just happened to find them while I was walking down the Matchbox/Hotwheels isle at Wal-mart, they weren't with the rest of the TF stuff. They're pretty cool, they're replicas of the G1 mini car toys. Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Windcharger, and Brawn are in the set, I think they are intended to be keychains. Anyway I got WC because he was the first TF I ever owed as a kid and they were only 2.97.