Just Cause 4

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Just Cause 4 DLC ‘Dare Devils of Destruction’ launches April 30
Published 3 days ago. 5 comments.
Gold Edition buyers get it seven days early.
Just-Cause-4_04-16-19.jpg

Publisher Square Enix and developer Avalanche Studios have announced Just Cause 4 downloadable content “Dare Devils of Destruction,” which will launch on April 30 as the first of three add-on packs included with the “Dare Devils, Demons and Danger Expansion Pass.” Users who purchased the Gold Edition of Just Cause 4 will be able to access it seven days early.

Here is an overview of the expansion, via Square Enix:

Complete new missions to unlock over 16 all-new weaponized vehicles that you can drop in at a moment’s notice. Experience new levels of destruction, attack missions in never before seen ways, employ new tactics against the forces of the Black Hand and cause pure mayhem in the world of Solis.

Put the pedal to the metal, earn the respect of rival gangs and take on three deadly challenge modes across 15 explosive new missions.

• Survival: Speed through a gauntlet of landmines, wrecking balls and rings of fire in this ultimate drive for survival. Destroy obstacles along the way and race towards the checkpoints to secure victory.
  • Run: Drive through extreme weather and master high-speed stunts in Run. Obliterate your rivals with a variety of weapons as you try to cross the finish line!
  • Rampage: Master the art of destruction and create carnage within this explosive arena. Reduce targets and rival drivers to scrap metal to achieve the high score!
Just Cause 4 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Watch a trailer below.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

I just finished this. It does look chaotic like in the trailers. Chaotic meaning that I do get to blow stuff like really big explosions by destroying things during missions and free roam. I was confused by some of the features since this is my first Just Cause game. I like the grapple and the wing. I love that Rico can get a helicopter and things he already acquired in an instant countless times without paying for it like money or points. I didn't know you can get level up points for just blowing things up, so I definitely did a lot of that when my squads already obtained 3/4 of Solis.

The map is humungous. According to the internet, its larger in size than AC Odyssey and this one doesn't have huge seas scattered in the map, so the map was mostly solid. I spent like 2 hours in a helicopter just trying to get the name of the locations. It was just so time consuming and I was already in a helicopter. And it can take like ten minutes while in a fast car just get through to point b.

I think the gameplay graphics look good, however for a late 2018 game, I think it could have been look better especially the cutscenes. The cutscenes don't look very polished which is so noticeable from the start. I like the different biomes. I like the radio only features Spanish songs. Its like Gta in South America. I also like the extreme weather especially the tornadoes.

I spent most of the time here doing region strikes. Some of them were quite hard. Its easy not to get killed, but there are lots of enemies and the objectives can be challenging. The time trials here are exhausting and my least favorite part of the game. Good thing, the final several main missions didn't have those as there's no changing of difficulty level to extend the time limit. I cleared all regions, but its weird I have 22 extra squad points and there is just no use for them now. I completed all training the army side quests and destroying all the airships. I found all the tombs, 2 of them were not easy to look. I thought I was going to skip the ruins as there were two scenarios that the giant rock ball was quite difficult to move. I have no interest in doing the stunts which plagued the entire map - thats the one thing in this game that I skipped.

The weakest thing about this game is the story. It just didn't grab my attention and the character including Rico were all flat. The game only had 2 actual villains and Rico didn't even face them in the end. The main story is surprisingly short, now I understood why people are disappointed with this game. There's like only 17 story missions and the end felt very anticlimatic. The game also didn't have all of outfit choices for Rico. 95% of the buildings aren't accessible to enter. Being able to finish the main story, acquiring all regions and only skipping 1 set of side quests. I feel like this game needed more content especially given how large the size of the map is.

I enjoyed playing this game but I felt very lukewarm after finishing the main story, I wish this game has more things. I already have Just Cause 3 waiting to be installed, and I'm hoping it is a bit better than this.

I don't play 4 much anymore but I love the games and Rico. The ultimate action hero!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"