Dead Rising 4

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score
Well while this is a rumor it' looking likely to be true.

Xbox One, PC
Rumor: Dead Rising 4 images leaked [Update]

Published 10 hours ago. 95 comments.
Rumored for an Xbox One and PC E3 announcement.

First images of what’s purported to be Dead Rising 4, which has not been officially announced, have leaked online ahead of E3 next week.
The images first appeared on 4chan (as found by ThisGenGaming), before Kotaku followed up with its own report.

“Although we’ve grown not to put much faith in blurry off-screen photos, I recently saw another shot of that same poster from a different source, which helps corroborate the leak,” Kotaku’s Jason Schreier said.

According to Kotaku, the game is set in Willamette, Colorado and “may be a remake of some sort.” It will likely be announced at Microsoft’s E3 2016 press conference.

(industry insider Shinobi602 at 14:00,

suggest it will be exclusive to Xbox One and PC.

DR4-Leak_06-06-16_004-600x288.jpg

Update 1:45 p.m.:
More information has surfaced via Twitter user @Ekim_GAF, who is vouched for
by leaker Enter the Dragon Punch from the original story. According to Ekim,
Dead Rising 4
is a remake of the original Dead Rising set during Christmas and will feature four-player co-op, and likely access to the areas outside the mall where the first game was set.

Read More
PC Xbox OneCapcom Capcom VancouverDead Rising 4LeaksRumors

source: Gematsu

Last edited:
Considering it's apparently a remake of the first one, would Dead Rising 4 actually be an appropriate title for it?

Considering it's apparently a remake of the first one, would Dead Rising 4 actually be an appropriate title for it?
well well see if it'll be renamed . it's said every where else..
Example fromc game informer

so far the gamer news outlets have been calling it 4. I'm sure it'll be changed soon when we get further details

Last edited:

Xbox One, PC
First Dead Rising 4 screenshots leak [Update 3]
Published 10 hours ago. 51 comments.

A look at the supposed Christmas-set remake.

First screenshots of Dead Rising 4 have leaked online.

The game, first rumored last week, is rumored to be a Xbox One and PC remake of the original Dead Rising featuring four-player co-op and set during Christmas.

All signs point to the game being announced at Microsoft’s E3 press conference tomorrow.

Thanks, NeoGAF.

Update 1:15 p.m.: Here’s a GIF.

Update 1:50 p.m.: A second GIF has appeared.

Update 2:03 p.m.: And here’s another screenshot:

Read More

PCXbox OneCapcomCapcom VancouverDead Rising 4E3 2016LeaksMicrosoftScreenshots

Last edited:

Xbox One, PC
Dead Rising 4 is a one-year timed exclusive to Microsoft platforms
Published 5 hours ago. 96 comments.

Capcom confirms.

DR4-One-Year-Exclusive.jpg

Dead Rising 4, which was announced for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs during the Microsoft E3 2016 press conference, will be exclusive to Microsoft platforms for one year, Capcom confirmed.

The news comes via both the Twitter accounts of games journalist Ryan Brown and developer Capcom Vancouver.

“Capcom rep says that Dead Rising 4 is a 1-year timed exclusive for MS,” Brown said.

In response to a fan asking if Dead Rising 4 would come to PlayStation 4, Capcom Vancouver said, “You’ll be able to play it first on Xbox One and Windows 10.”

Dead Rising 4 is due out for Xbox One and PC this holiday.

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Capcom, Capcom Vancouver, Dead Rising 4, E3 2016, Microsoft

Last edited:
This is actually a remake but 4 is in the title? I haven't played the last one but so does something happen in the story that a reboot is likely the direction to go?

This is actually a remake but 4 is in the title? I haven't played the last one but so does something happen in the story that a reboot is likely the direction to go?
this VOD of the interview with the dev's from the peep's that run twitch should clear it up for you abit.

Sorry I couldn't find youtube version of the same below

11:11

Dead Rising 4 - E3 2016
E3 2016
Twitch a day ago

source:Twitch

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]

I do kinda want a power suit for Christmas.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When Dead Rising 4 was announced during the Microsoft E3 show, it was presented like it was an Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive. Well now that the snow has settled, it seems like we should add the word ‘timed’ to that exclusivity. In a statement issued to GameSpot, Microsoft clarified that DR4 would come to Steam 90 days after the December 6th Xbox One/Win 10 release. It will be another 12 months until Santa sticks this game down the PS4’s stocking. These exclusivity deals have been difficult to figure out on good days as was the case with Rise of the Tomb Raider last year.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We’ll be sure to update you if and when Sony announces a release date for Dead Rising 4 on the PlayStation. I guess Christmas 2017 seems like a good bet with the whole setting of the game and everything.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At least Frank is taking all this exclusivity stuff in stride.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Share this:

[/FONT]
source: Operation Rainfall

Gotta admit, I found this to be a pleasant surprise despite not owning an Xbox One

One of the biggest surprises for me of E3 was the fact that the legendary Frank West would be returning in Dead Rising 4. While I’ve only ever played a bit of Dead Rising 2, I do know of Frank from his many other cameos. In particular, the first Project X Zone, where I loved the guy. So to see him return and be playable on the show floor meant just one thing to me – time to go kill some zombies!

Frank West returns at last to the site where it all began

Dead Rising 4 takes place in Williamette, the city of the original outbreak from the first game. While this game features the return of many series staples, such as the combo weapons from Dead Rising 2, there’s one new mechanic that Capcom is making a big deal about: The Exo-Suit. Now Frank is no stranger to using technology. In the first Dead Rising, for example, you could get a working Mega Buster. This time though the Exo-Suit not only allows you to plow through the hordes, but also gives you access to several heavy weapons. This also includes pulling street signs out of the ground with chunks of concrete attached to it. This is what I went with for my primary weapon and it was glorious.

This was my weapon for most of the demo.

While you can just whack zombies with it like a giant mace, I found a better use for it. Batting practice with cars! Yes, I was able to actually hit parked cars with the chunk of concrete on a stick I was wielding and send them flying into the hordes for massive damage. I actually did this completely by accident the first time. The second time I tried to do it I ran into a small problem. One car just would not even register being hit. The next car I tried seemed to have a very finicky hit box and didn’t want to quite register the impact. After maneuvering around to the other side and fiddling around with my positioning I was able to get it to go flying, though. So why bring this up?

Looks like Frank’s going to have a holly jolly Christmas.

Well it’s because I want to highlight something people often forget about demos. Sometimes, things just don’t go right. Development Teams only have so much time to get these demos built and polished. While I think it’s fair to expect that they should be as close to perfect as can be, there are times when you have to take the game into account as well. Dead Rising 4 is one of those cases.

This is an open sandbox game and as such it’s really hard to test every little thing a player can do. It’s not a guided demo like Final Fantasy XV. I expect things to sometimes be a little rough and I think it’s a testament to how good the demo was, because you know what? Despite these minor hiccups, I had a lot of fun and I’m sure these issues will be worked out when the full game releases. Let’s get back to my playthrough though.
The weapons this time seem to be getting quite creative.

After my little car experiment, I continued to push my way through the zombies until eventually my suit ran out of power. From there I just made my way to the Fire House where the game had told me to go in the beginning. Shortly after I arrived, the demo’s time ran out and I was unable to do anything else.

What I do know from watching others play is that inside you need to take some photos of some dead responders for Frank’s investigation. Meaning that yep, Frank’s famous camera is back. So how do I feel on the whole about Dead Rising 4?

I really enjoyed my time with Dead Rising 4.

I really think Dead Rising fans are in for a treat. Frank coming back is just the cherry on top, really. The game looks and feels really good. Despite the minor hiccups I encountered, I never saw a frame drop or slowdown. The Xbox One hardware held up really well. The combat feels great and the new Exo-Suit is just a blast to use.

I imagine Frank is going to go up against more militaristic foes due to the suits’ inclusion, but that’s why we have a shadowy organization which is in the city already. All in all, Dead Rising 4 is something to very much look forward to and the guys at Capcom have done well in keeping the series
alive.

[YT]GT3cb3f5pM0[/YT]

source: Operation Rainfall

I guess since this is confirmed to come to PS4, I'll go ahead and move this to multiplat. But hell, at this point, I don't even know if the Xbox One has any true exclusives anymore going forward.

PlayStation 4
Dead Rising PS4 trophies surface
Published 10 hours ago. 61 comments.
Remastered release coming soon?

DR1-PS4-Trophies-Surface.jpg

A PlayStation 4 trophy list for the original Dead Rising has surfaced online.

Dead Rising first launched for Xbox 360 in 2006, and a remake called Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop launched for Wii in 2009.

The original game was never released on a PlayStation platform.

Dead Rising 4, a re-imagining of the original Dead Rising in a Christmas setting, is due out for Xbox One and PC this holiday.

In related news, trophies also surfaced for a PlayStation 4 version of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, which was rated for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Taiwan last month.

Read More

PlayStation 4, Capcom, Capcom Vancouver, Dead Rising, Trophies

Last edited:

Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Dead Rising 4 Gamescom 2016 gameplay, screenshots[/FONT]

Published 13 hours ago. 17 comments.
Three minutes of new footage.

DR4_08-16-16.jpg

Microsoft and Capcom have released a new gameplay video and set of screenshots for Dead Rising 4 ahead of Gamescom 2016.

Dead Rising 4 follows Frank West, who returns to Willamette, Colorado 16 years after the events of the original Dead Rising to uncover the truth behind a mysterious outbreak. Read more about the game here.

Dead Rising 4 is due out for Xbox One and PC on December 6.
Watch the footage below.
[YT]GJ7r_UlsO1g[/YT]

View the screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Capcom, Capcom Vancouer, Clips, Dead Rising 4, Gameplay, Gamescom 2016, Microsoft, Screenshots

Xbox One, PC
Dead Rising 4 ‘Black Friday’ cinematic trailer
Published 10 hours ago. 3 comments.
Return to the mall in Willamette.

DR4-Black-Friday-Cinematic.jpg

Microsoft has released a new cinematic trialer for Dead Rising 4 dubbed “Black Friday.”

Dead Rising 4 follows Frank West, who returns to Willamette, Colorado 16 years after the events of the original Dead Rising to uncover the truth behind a mysterious outbreak. Read more about the game here.

Watch the trailer below.
[YT]5DaT9oYIGOA[/YT]

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Capcom, Capcom Vancouver, Clips, Dead Rising 4, Microsoft, Trailers

Last edited:

Xbox One, PC
Dead Rising 4 ‘Return to the Mall’ trailer
Published 10 hours ago. 24 comments.
Return to the Willamette Memorial Megaplex.

DR4-Return-Mall-PV.jpg

Microsoft has released a new trailer for Dead Rising 4 called “Return to the Mall.”

In the upcoming sequel, Dead Rising 1 protagonist Frank West returns to the game’s original setting, the Willamette Memorial Megaplex, with even more weapons and vehicles at his disposal.

Watch the trailer below.
[YT]dfiC_Jya514[/YT]

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Capcom, Capcom Vancouver, Clips, Dead Rising 4, Microsoft, Trailers

Last edited:

Xbox One, PC
Dead Rising 4 Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Edition announced
Published 11 hours ago. 32 comments.
Includes mini-golf and Frank Rising expansions.

DR4-Season-Pass-Deluxe-Ann.jpg

Microsoft has announced a Season Pass and digital-only Deluxe Edition for Dead Rising 4.

The Deluxe Edition will include the game and the Season Pass for $79.99. It will be available digitally from the Microsoft Store and at select retailers worldwide via purchase of a digital code.
The Season Pass by itself costs $24.99. It includes the following additional content:

• Stocking Stuffer Holiday Pack: Frank West is home for the holidays and he’s got a naughty list the size of Willamette, Colorado. Tear up the streets with festive weapons, zombies, vehicles, costumes and more.
    • Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf: You’ve mastered the outbreak – now it’s time to master the green, with eighteen holes of pure wanton destruction you can play with up to three friends online. Flip zombies the birdie where bloodthirsty, over the top zombie mayhem is par for the course. The world of Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf is extreme and the fairways are the town of Willamette, Colorado, including the iconic Willamette Memorial Megaplex Mall. Use Frank West’s favorite weapons as your set of golf clubs. With an oversized golf ball, drive down the fairways, reaching for the green to nail the perfect putt. Watch your score as you do not want to bogey in this zombie filled eighteen-hole golf course. Mini golf is made crazier with the zombie horde as obstructions and hazards. Dead Rising Fore!
    • Dead Rising 4: Frank Rising: In this DLC, Frank West is freshly infected and needs to find a cure before he becomes a zombie and is lost forever. While searching for a cure, Frank discovers that everything is not the same as it was; zombies are getting smarter, people cannot be trusted and paramilitary forces are plotting to wipe out Willamette. Frank has a limited time before he reverts to the full zombie state and the city is wiped out. Frank will have to get to the truth first… or die trying.

Dead Rising 4 is due out worldwide for Xbox One and PC on December 6.

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Capcom, Capcom Vancouver, Dead Rising 4, DLC, Microsoft, Season Pass, Special Editions

Last edited:

Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Dead Rising 4 ‘Halloween’ trailer[/FONT]

Published 2 hours ago. 2 comments.
'Tis the season to slaughter zombies.

Dead-Rising-4-Halloween-Trailer-Init.jpg

Microsoft has released the official Halloween trailer for Dead Rising 4.
The trailer shows Frank West dressing up in various costumes, like Santa Claus and Akuma from Street Fighter.

Watch the trailer below.

[YT]IGnNvhC6Ias[/YT]

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Capcom, Capcom Vancouver, Clips, Dead Rising 4, Trailers

Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]The first 33 minutes of Dead Rising 4[/FONT]
Published 10 hours ago. 3 comments.

Spoil the game's opening scenes.

DR4-First-33-Mins_11-07-16.jpg

IGN has gone up with a gameplay video of Dead Rising 4‘s first 33 minutes.

If you wanted to spoil the game’s opening scenes for yourself, this is the way to do it.

[YT]AXyagyVX3Lg[/YT]

Watch the footage below. (1080p, 60fps MP4 version available here.

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Capcom, Capcom Vancouver, Clips, Dead Rising 4, Gameplay, Microsoft

Last edited:
I wasn't even aware that the previous games had co-op.

IWTiRh.jpg

[YT]K7mf4Qa2aQc[/YT]

• 1,021 views7 hours ago
EP Daily Rundown for November 29, 2016

Today in the Rundown, we have exclusive news about Dead Rising 4 from Capcom Vancouver! We also have rumours about Marvel vs. Capcom 4, new details on Nintendo's attractions coming to Universal theme parks, global news about Pokémon Sun and Moon, a look at the next big Hearthstone expansion, and finally, we find out when you’ll get to play the final version of the online game Lego Worlds!

If you don’t have an Xbox One or a gaming PC, you’ll still be able to play Dead Rising 4…
eventually. The new zombie game is being built for the Xbox One and PC, but it’s only a timed exclusive for both platforms. Microsoft inked a co-publishing deal with Capcom to make the PC version exclusive to Windows 10 for 90 days, while the console version will be an Xbox One exclusive for one year.

This means that, after a year has passed, it will be able to be released on the PS4 and maybe even the Nintendo Switch, which will have been released by then. I got the chance to check out Dead Rising 4 at developer Capcom Vancouver, and I asked executive producer Bryce Cochrane about the potential ports to other systems. He confirmed that the game will be coming to other platforms after the exclusivity window has ended, although he didn’t confirm what those other platforms will be.

A PS4 port seems like a no brainer, but we’ll have to wait and see about a Switch version. The Dead Rising series has a long history of Xbox exclusivity. The original game was an Xbox 360 exclusive when it was first released in 2006, and only found its way to other platforms this year, while Dead Rising 3 has so far only been released on the Xbox One and PC. Dead Rising 4 will take a bite out of the Xbox One and PC on December 6, and we’ll have plenty more on the game before it arrives.

source:EPN.tv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"