Just conjecture - but I may have figured something out

Weadazoid

Sidekick
Reaction score
I make no claims to no anything more then any of you about the PLot

But I was wondering if anyone else felt, maybe just maybe the Frost Giants were building thier own bridge to Earth.

Maybe thats what Thor is destorying with the hammer strike...it does appear to be just a long road/avenue.

Perhaps this starts the war. Odin is pissed because Thor should have come to him rather then just 'acting out' trying to be th hero.

Could be. If there's peace in Asgard, you have to wonder why Thor, Sif, and the Warriors Three are out there fighting frost giants in the first place.

Actually I think Thor acted on his own ego when he did all that damage and that is what gets him banished to Earth.

Last edited:
I make no claims to no anything more then any of you about the PLot
But I was wondering if anyone else felt, maybe just maybe the Frost Giants were building thier own bridge to Earth.
Maybe thats what Thor is destorying with the hammer strike...it does appear to be just a long road/avenue.
Perhaps this starts the war. Odin is pissed because Thor should have come to him rather then just 'acting out' trying to be th hero.

It's possible, though Thor's reaction to being on Earth doesn't seem like he thinks it of much importance to anything.

My best guess is the fight is set up by Loki. Thor & co are acting on some dubious 'intelligence' supplied indirectly by Loki about the Giants antics, invade the Giants realm on the back of that and get into the fight. This brings Asgard to war (or the brink of) so Thor gets banished for it.

Loki, securing his place as heir to Odin, might even be the 'saviour' stopping the war. The only threat to his position now being with those who have figured out the truth: The Warriors 3 and Sif. They head to Earth to fetch back Thor so Loki dispatches the Destroyer to kill them all (maybe)

Actually I think Thor acted on his own ego when he did all that damage to the their are and that is what gets him banished to Earth.
Well I do think Loki played on that ego. I'm thinking Loki finds out about his heritage somewhere very early on in the movie and tricks Thor into attacking Jotunheim.

Thinking about it this could be on the money...Odin has apparently gathered up the most powerful weapons around and hidden them away so as to keep peace among the realms, and we know of one weapon (the Cosmic Cube/Tesseract) that will be in a vault on Earth (to be seen a couple of months after Thor's release in Captain America).

Could be Loki tells the Giants about that stash so they try to make a bridge to go after it.

This would also easily set up a post credits scene linking directly to Cap (Thor goes to the vault to check on it and finds the cube has gone).

I imagine that Loki deceived Thor & company into believing that the Frost Giants were a threat. Thus Thor attacks, the Frost Giants counterattack, and all hell breaks loose.

Aztec has a good theory

The one I had was that Thor was acting like a thug and just went to f*** with them but then things got violent.

I like Aztec's idea more

I'm pretty sure Loki has a hand in the whole thing, and he probably tricked Thor into attacking the frost giants, and "broke" the treaty between Asgard and the tribe of frost giants, thus earning Odin's wrath and got banished to Earth. Since Odin seemed to have disappeared in the end, I'm assuming that Loki has a hand in that, as well.

Aztec has a good theory

The one I had was that Thor was acting like a thug and just went to f*** with them but then things got violent.

I like Aztec's idea more

Oh... Loki definitly has a hand in all this

I'm wondering if it's as simple as Loki is recognized as a giant when he goes with Thor on the trip and some of the giants approach him. Loki, being a runt and an obvious enemy, would be an understandably juicy target for frost giant abuse. Thor would probably go into protective older brother overdrive mode knowing Loki is more vulnerable than the rest of the group and possibly get into a fight "protecting" Loki.

I hope not (the above), because that doesn't click too well with Thor being a vain and greedy boy.

I would also prefer it that Thor got some little bit of 'almost harmless' info from Loki (who knows Thor's ego) and overreacts and attacks violently.

So that Loki isn't seen by Odin to be the problem, but Thor only. That fits in with what I think of Loki, a great manipulator. If something happens to Odin, you'll probably also find that Thor would have been the only one to stop it, so Loki would have hit two birds here by getting Thor banished...

Hmmm....

Loki could mearly SUgest that the SOn of Asguard should go investigate out the rummored activity of the Frost Giants.

Odin would still be pissed at THor for acting without really thinking, and trying to be 'glorious in victory' -Vain and greedy boy - who only thinks of his own mark on history. Gods are rememberd for thier acts..... . THor may have beleived his act was great.... when it in fact starts a war.

Perhaps ...maybe just maybe, the point of THors attack releases something...something very bad.

What if instead of all this happening to cause Thor's exile, this scene (Thor destroying the bridge) occurs at the end of the movie, and it is the threat from the Frost Giants that leads to Odin bringing Thor back to Asgard to help fight them?

Loki could mearly SUgest that the SOn of Asguard should go investigate out the rummored activity of the Frost Giants.

Odin would still be pissed at THor for acting without really thinking, and trying to be 'glorious in victory' -Vain and greedy boy - who only thinks of his own mark on history. Gods are remembered for their acts..... . THor may have believed his act was great.... when it in fact starts a war.

Perhaps ...maybe just maybe, the point of THors attack releases something...something very bad.

I'm voting on Thor overacting to something and Odin's complaint being based in his lack for forethought about his actions. My guess is Thor does something he perceives as good but it has political fallout. Odin has to play the reasonable king to keep peace, thus has to banish Thor. Hence the tongue lashing.

I'm pretty sure Loki doesn't know much about his past at the start of the film. He probably was trying to get Thor in trouble, but I'm not sure he will intended for it to go as far as it does. I think he may not learn about his past until after Thor is gone. The best way to make Loki's betrayal strike home is for Loki to try to get approval out of Odin post-Thor, only to find out how he was adopted and who his parents were. I'm sure we'll get some cruel lines between Odin and Loki.

Last edited:
I hope not (the above), because that doesn't click too well with Thor being a vain and greedy boy.

Sure it does if Thor outright kills them in a fight without considering the ramifications of his actions. Or if they start mocking/taunting him. Greedy is probably a reference to him being a glory hound, which he isn't but it will probably look that way.

I'm just not sure Loki is a serious villain starting out. Out to get Thor sent to his room or publicly humiliated, yes. But not the die-hard vengeance filled villain we're familiar with at the start of the film. I'm expecting a Heel Face Turn into the film.

From what I could gather, this is what happens:

A cerimony in the honor of Thor happening in Asgard is interrupted by Frost Giants. Thor believes them to have broken their truce with Asgard and decides to go to Jotunhein alongside Loki, Sif, Volstagg, Fandral and Hogun to get revenge. Odin says that Thor should wait, for they do not know if the Frost Giants are truly behind the attack, but Thor does not listen and, in addition, steals the Mjolnir from Odin's vault.

They arrive at Jotunhein and are quickly attacked by Frost Giants led by Laufey. In the process, Loki finds out he is a descendant from them and Thor misuses the Mjolnir, casting a lightning that destroy a big area of Jotunhein only to find out that Laufey did not order the attack. It was a group of rogue Frost Giants with no connections with Laufey.

But now is too late. Due to Thor's actions, Laufey reignates the war between Asgard and Jotunhein. All the sacrifices made by Odin to asure that Asgard is in piece are ruined by a vanity and arrogance of Thor.

Well, Thor's angry reaction to Odin chastising him suggests zero remorse, so it looks like he will still think he was fully justified in having done whatever he did to piss Odin off even after getting booted down to Earth (I would guess his realising and accepting his actions were wrong will play no small part in him becoming worthy of the Hammer again).

I'm gonna stick with thinking the set-up for his fighting the Giants is Loki indirectly feeding him false information on them. It might also be possible the Giants are genuinely up to no good but thanks to Loki's deceptions Odin refuses to see that. With that one though Thor wouldn't have been so wrong in attacking them, and his punishment not so deserved.

What if instead of all this happening to cause Thor's exile, this scene (Thor destroying the bridge) occurs at the end of the movie, and it is the threat from the Frost Giants that leads to Odin bringing Thor back to Asgard to help fight them?
Odin will be in the Odinsleep, Thor's going to have to prove himself worthy and get his own self back to Asgard

I'd hate to see Thor still a jerk by the end of the movie. That's gotta be the main character arc of this movie: taking Thor from a selfish, obnoxious dick to a noble hero. Otherwise, what's the point of the whole exercise?

From what I could gather, this is what happens:

A cerimony in the honor of Thor happening in Asgard is interrupted by Frost Giants. Thor believes them to have broken their truce with Asgard and decides to go to Jotunhein alongside Loki, Sif, Volstagg, Fandral and Hogun to get revenge. Odin says that Thor should wait, for they do not know if the Frost Giants are truly behind the attack, but Thor does not listen and, in addition, steals the Mjolnir from Odin's vault.

They arrive at Jotunhein and are quickly attacked by Frost Giants led by Laufey. In the process, Loki finds out he is a descendant from them and Thor misuses the Mjolnir, casting a lightning that destroy a big area of Jotunhein only to find out that Laufey did not order the attack. It was a group of rogue Frost Giants with no connections with Laufey.

But now is too late. Due to Thor's actions, Laufey reignates the war between Asgard and Jotunhein. All the sacrifices made by Odin to asure that Asgard is in piece are ruined by a vanity and arrogance of Thor.

Do you have acess to the script or something?

I'd hate to see Thor still a jerk by the end of the movie. That's gotta be the main character arc of this movie: taking Thor from a selfish, obnoxious dick to a noble hero. Otherwise, what's the point of the whole exercise?

I agree entirely. His punishment has to be justified, he has to realise and accept that while on Earth, and learns to overcome the failings that led him to it.

Agreed.... Like I said when I showed the Trailer to a freind of mine, he actually thought Hemsworth was the villain, because of his evil look of disdain when Coulson was interogating him. I thought it was great....showed how mean and arrogant Hemsworth was coming off.

On a side note the next Trailer should include Coulson talking to his men about the Destroyer possibly "is that one of Starks?" Followed by the dry witty "that guy doesn't tell me anything remark.... because

WHile my freind had seen both Iron Man movies he didn't exactly 'recognize' Coulson. The 'tie in' character may need to be a bit more spelled out so AUdiences see the cool connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"