Big fan, but I have some questions

JSSTyger

Civilian
Reaction score
For the record, I thought Thor Ragnarok was outstanding, but I want to understand some things that puzzled me.

1) Hela can't travel across the nine realms without the Bi-frost. How did she get to Norway when she first appeared? Is she supposed to appear at the location where Odin died?

2) Odin scene at the end. Is this just a split-second memory? Is it a split-second "prayer" with Odin simply being a voice in Thor's head? It can't really be a memory because Odin never gave that "Asgard is a people" speech to Thor in Norway.

3) How did Hulk not completely rip through Stark's pants after he morphed on the rainbow bridge? (HEHE)

4) Loki's spell on Odin was extraordinary. Was he really faking it for 2 years? Was Thor AWOL that whole time?

EDITS BELOW

5) How did Korg show up on the bi-frost bridge prior to the arrival of the transport ship?

6) "(Hela) draws her power from Asgard, same as (Thor)." The movie strongly implies that Hela draws her powers from the "place", Asgard. Since Asgard is destroyed in Ragnarok, will Thor also be without powers at the beginning of Infinity War?

7) The transport ship at the end....How did "Dez" and "Troy" get on the ship. How did Loki's crown (with the horns) get on the ship?

8) It appeared that Valkyrie crash landed Grandmaster's ship on the rainbow bridge. If the ship had issues, how did Loki fly it?

Guys, I must say these "problems" were difficult to find. I think its amazing I've only been able to find these nitpicks. Before I edited this, some of you below have suitably addressed some of these "problems."

Last edited:
for the record, i thought thor ragnarok was outstanding, but i want to understand some things that puzzled me.

1) hela can't travel across the nine realms without the bi-frost. How did she get to norway when she first appeared? Is she supposed to appear at the location where odin died?

I beleive hela can transport herself, but she needed the bifrost to transport her army...

2) odin scene at the end. Is this just a split-second memory? Is it a split-second "prayer" with odin simply being a voice in thor's head? It can't really be a memory because odin never gave that "asgard is a people" speech to thor in norway.

I'd go with the voice in the head - dramatic license - and the staging of these scenes worked better in norway than a ny alley...

3) how did hulk not completely rip through stark's pants after he morphed on the rainbow bridge? (hehe)

unstable molecules

4) loki's spell on odin was extraordinary. Was he really faking it for 2 years? Was thor awol that whole time?

odin said it was a difficult spell to break so we can assume loki was "odin" since the last movie and thor said he had been busy searching for the stones and other activities...

I take that Odin talking to Thor scene as one of Odin's (or Thor's) powers being able to communicate from (with) the dead.

Regarding Hela I'd say that since Odin trapped her and his lifeforce was keeping her trapped it's reasonable to assume that the entrance to that prison was linked to Odin as well.

I beleive hela can transport herself, but she needed the bifrost to transport her army...

I'd agree with this. Odin's death obviously meant that his enchantment keeping her imprisoned was lifted, but that's not enough to me to explain why she just conveniently appeared exactly where Odin had just died a moment before in a random field on Midgard. I think the green cloud of magical energy portal stuff that she appeared out of implied she has teleportation powers. If you notice later in the film she also appears to be at the Asgardian stronghold one moment (with Skurge) and then what seems like a second later (because Thor is still banging Gungnir on the ground to alert her attention) she's all of a sudden at the palace without Skurge. There's no way she could have gotten there that fast (considering the stronghold seemed to be way outside the city limits) without teleporting there.

odin said it was a difficult spell to break so we can assume loki was "odin" since the last movie and thor said he had been busy searching for the stones and other activities...

It was clear that Odin was ready to give up on life at the beginning of Ragnarok, I think Frigga's death weakened him significantly due to grief (and no doubt trying to constantly keep Hela at bay was draining him too) so it kinda explains how Loki was all of a sudden powerful enough to cast such a spell on Odin. It wasn't that Loki was more powerful than Odin, just that Odin was weakened greatly and Loki took advantage of that fact.

If you notice later in the film she also appears to be at the Asgardian stronghold one moment (with Skurge) and then what seems like a second later (because Thor is still banging Gungnir on the ground to alert her attention) she's all of a sudden at the palace without Skurge. There's no way she could have gotten there that fast (considering the stronghold seemed to be way outside the city limits) without teleporting there.

I think the editing just made it seem like she teleported...but she didn't.

...or maybe she did.:thf:

I edited the original post add one more question.

Guys, I really like this movie, so obviously I'm not criticizing the movie, because these things can probably be explained. I've seen Ragnarok now SIX times (tying the MCU record for me with Doctor Strange) and I've analyzed basically every second of it. If I can find only these couple "mistakes", that is a testament to how GREAT this film is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"