Justice League Justice League Box Office Prediction - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
deadline.com said:
‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday AM Update

No great change for Justice League’s prospects this weekend as Warner Bros./DC is reporting its superhero ensemble movie at $96M after a $38.8M Friday (including solid $13M Thursday) and a Saturday of $33M, -15%. The expectation is that Justice League declines 27% today for $24.1M, still an upset for what was expected to be a highpoint for the DC superhero universe, especially when you consider that tracking had this movie at $110M-$120M projection.
http://deadline.com/2017/11/justice...wer-thor-ragnarok-wonder-the-star-1202211094/

That projected 27% Sunday drop means the it's unlikely that it'll go up when actuals come in tomorrow. More likely to go down a bit based on previous movies that opened in this release slot.

BoxOffice
@BoxOffice

JUSTICE LEAGUE
$96.0M weekend

The DCEU is it's own kryptonite lol.

Apparently being iconic primarily assures that there will be bad puns and awkward references to your mythology in the critics' consensus and box office reporting.

Less than 100 is bad. They have a great cast too. Not sure where they go from here. Maybe just do solos, though SS is popular. Its very sad. Because these characters are incredible.

Something went in the wrong way.
The market is still huge, but it is really difficult to imagine how they can proceed.
IMO they need to establish again the single characters.
New solo Batman, Superman, Flash and WW movies (even recasting some roles) and then see what happens.

They should have paid Bale 300m to be in the DCEU. At least 2 movies would have crossed the billion mark

Unbelievable.
Are we witnessing the death of the DCU? :csad:

Nah, it was already dead, at least as far as the “Snyderverse” version was concerned. That version fell ill when BvS landed with a thud and died when the more colorful and upbeat Wonder Woman proved a hit. This Frankensteinian stitching together of the two in JL is just WB trying to get what it can back of the money it plowed into JL before they realized their mistake.

There will be a DCEU going forward, it just won’t be anything like MoS or BvS.

MoS wasn't built upon. They didn't ask questions that would give BvS a complex narrative and make a compelling storyline.

Here's an example, how much better would it have been if Superman had to answer questions about why he left New York (essentially what Metropolis is) to its fate downing hundreds of thousands to fly to the round the world to stop the world engine. Oh no, we have to blow up the courtroom and look at Superman's sullen face as he surveys the damage.

That to me says the director is more interested in spectacle than narrative and you don't give the keys to the kingdom to suck a hack.

I don't agree with what kind of sequel to MOS BVS ended up being but this is not the question I would have wanted answers to.

He went to the world engine to stop it from destroying the world. What's the point in staying in Metropolis to save some people while the terraforming continues.

And I believe it was explained in the movie why he couldn't stay in Metropolis and destroy the Kryptonian prisonship instead.

He should've just answered questions in general about who he is, why he's here, does he feel responsible for all the destruction etc etc

What a disaster. Thanks Obama.

They should have paid Bale 300m to be in the DCEU. At least 2 movies would have crossed the billion mark

That's putting too much importance on Bale, I think.

In addition to Ledger's Joker, of course, Nolan was really perceived as the star of those movies: the guru and mastermind.

That probably increased initial interest in Man of Steel, but it may also have created unreasonable expectations.

I don't agree with what kind of sequel to MOS BVS ended up being but this is not the question I would have wanted answers to.

He went to the world engine to stop it from destroying the world. What's the point in staying in Metropolis to save some people while the terraforming continues.

And I believe it was explained in the movie why he couldn't stay in Metropolis and destroy the Kryptonian prisonship instead.

He should've just answered questions in general about who he is, why he's here, does he feel responsible for all the destruction etc etc

Regardless, that courtroom scene could have been about 'something'.
That is just one example of them choosing spectacle over the narrative. I wanted the DC universe to be more mature and complex and Marvel and DC haven't delivered. Well, Wonder Women did, but that's one movie.

Regardless, that courtroom scene could have been about 'something'.
Why went for spectacle over the narrative. I wanted the DC universe to be more mature and complex and Marvel and DC haven't delivered. Well, Wonder Women did, but that's one movie.

Agreed, hey no one was more disappointed than I was when we finally got a chance to hear Superman talk at the hearing in BVS but Snyder decides to explode evertything. I was shocked.

Like, you can't even let the guy speak for a minute? Things could STILL blow up afterwards. Dude steps into this f****** room, this lady starts talking to him and he barely acknowledges her presence.

Go to Hell Snyder.

There is no getting around it. That opening is a disaster. The idea that Justice League is the lowest grossing DCEU film....I would have thought this unthinkable.

What a disaster. Thanks Obama.

giphy.gif

I am glad dceu is dead like i said before this hipocrit and sick world where many people desire the others fail dont deseve nothing

That is just crazy.
Coco is gonna kill it isnt it?

So Avengers in its second weekend made more than Justice League in its first.

What really should have happened in MOS was having both Batman and WW show up to stop the World Engine. The world was about to be destroyed and neither of them would lift a finger to help Supe? Oh wait, there was no DCEU at that time... :o

It is curious to think what the hell WW was doing during the Kryptonian invasion.

I wouldn't be surprised if Coco beats JL next weekend. It's a family cartoon by Pixar, and the reviews have been nothing but amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"