Justice League Justice League News, Official Pics Thread

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Welcome to the official Justice League news, set & official pics thread!

2774864-rsz_dcu0_cvr_twitter.jpg

Justice League: Part One is set to be released in 2017, and so as you might expect, it won't start shooting for quite some time. A rough time frame has been semi-confirmed by Deadline, who point out that Ben Affleck is clearing space in his schedule to direct and star in an adaptation of Dennis Lehane's Live by Night, with his and David Fincher's remake of Alfred Hitchcock'sStrangers on a Train being squeezed in before the DC Comics movie. That means that Justice League will likely start shooting late summer/early fall, but whether or not it will be shot back to back with Justice League: Part Two (which hits in 2019) remains to be seen. Either way, the next year or more will be dominated by Batman v Supeerman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad as it will obviously be quite some time before we hear about this or Wonder Woman!

Source: Deadline via CBM.com

...The plan is for this project to shoot between Affleck Prohibition era drama "Live By Night" and his big screen superhero role in "Justice League."...
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...n-reteaming-for-strangers-on-a-plane-20150113

Last edited:
Source: Deadline via CBM.com

Hey John An

That article is not correct. Ben is shooting The Accountant now and will go right into Live By Night. Live By Night will be released in 2016, not film.

Affleck is currently filming “The Accountant” for Warner Bros. with plans to star and direct the adaptation of the Dennis Lehane book “Live by Night” right after filming “The Accountant.” Fincher is about to go into production on the HBO series “Utopia.”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ben-affleck-and-david-fincher-reteam-for-strangers-on-a-train-reboot-1201404001/

Hi Nancy!!! What's up?

The article doesn't mention The Accountant because you said it yourself, it's now on... They are talking about the other films Live by night (which he's directing) and "Strangers" (which was announced today) two movies before Ben starts filming Justice League in 2016.

What the CBM article gets wrong, presumably misreading the Deadline article, is that Live By Night shoots this year, not in spring 2016. That mistake throws off the extrapolated assumptions about the production schedule for Justice League.

You maybe are right...

But it was said this also...

...The plan is for this project to shoot between Affleck Prohibition era drama "Live By Night" and his big screen superhero role in "Justice League."...
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...n-reteaming-for-strangers-on-a-plane-20150113

First he needs to shoot The Accountant... then he needs to act and direct in Live by Night (direction is a far more complicated work) so that needs post production, etc... so I can see it stretch till 2016 and the new movie "Strangers" starting in the first quarter of 2016 then on summer starting to film Justice League.

Last edited:
Yes, but Josh Wilding stating that Live By Night is shooting in spring 2016, followed by Strangers, had people in the comments section of his article fretting that Justice League would be pushed so far back that it would be a rushed production or miss its release date. Wilding is wrong about the scheduling. Live By Night shoots this year after The Accountant. There's more breathing room to fit Strangers in and keep Justice League on track than Wilding's timeline indicated.

And I completely agree with ya on this one :)

Glad to see you here :)

Good to be here. I have been in withdrawal since the end of filming. It sucks that they won't start filming Justice League until 2016. I guess Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman will fill the time.

3 months left :D And Wondy I guess maybe fall 2015 or beginning of 2016? Because Gal needs to film JL too.

I think Wondy is summer/fall 2015. She dropped out of projects because of her Wonder Woman commitments. Do we know where they are filming Wonder Woman yet?

Nope. I think we'll know by SDCC 15.

For comparison here are the big superhero films slated to start shooting in the first half of this year:

Deadpool - starts shooting in March for a February 2016 release
Captain America: Civil War - starts shooting in April for an early May 2016 release
X-Men: Apocalypse - starts shooting in April for a late May 2016 release
Suicide Squad - starts shooting in April for an August 2016 release
Doctor Strange - starts shooting in May for a November 2016 release

With the scale of the film and the kind of schedule Warners usually affords I think Justice League will start shooting in March or April 2016 at the latest. It's going to be very interesting to see when they schedule production for Wonder Woman. If they go ahead and start shooting the film late this year, months before BvS opens, that would be a very ballsy move that would demonstrate great confidence in the DCCU's commercial prospects.

On the Sony and Fox side, I'm waiting to see if the ball drops and Sony cancels Sinister Six and if Fox pushes Gambit back to a 2017 release.

Wonder Woman needs to be early so maybe 6 months before? For Gal Gadot being able to film both and because it releases 6 months before. But we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"