Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah because 'Death and Return' of Superman had very little Lois Lane. She was a huge part of the comic story more than what we got in BvS and will have in JL. And mamy people do want to see Lois again. Amy Adams said she want's to do it too.

And it's Amy Adams playing Lois frickin Lane. This isn't an nothing actor playing a nothing character. And had they released the Ultimate Edition of BvS for cinematic release, It would've made the complaint's a lot more stupid. The UE is a lot better for Lois and Clark's arc.

But BvS is hardly Death and Return of Superman, though. It's a small part of Death of Superman, with a bit more of a reworking of TDKR, while incorporating in many ways thematic elements from Passion of the Christ and Excalibur.

The UC does treat Lois much better, but even then, but like Clark's own investigation, her subplot doesn't really impact the larger plot except in the ending montages where Lex actually gets arrested (though he could have been arrested based on Doomsday alone).

I'd definitely love to see a larger role for Amy Adams, but that'd also require a story appropriate for Lois's involvement. I don't see how JL contains that story. The only thing worse than a reduced appearance in Justice League is an oversized misuse of her appearance in Justice League.

That's why I'd rather they use her sparingly in JL, and then greatly expand her role in a MOS 2 that gives her something more substantial to do. That's precisely why I want a MOS 2 that pits Superman against Intergang while also containing a conspiracy involving Morgan Edge for Lois (and Clark and others) to investigate.

But BvS is hardly Death and Return of Superman, though. It's a small part of Death of Superman, with a bit more of a reworking of TDKR, while incorporating in many ways thematic elements from Passion of the Christ and Excalibur.

The UC does treat Lois much better, but even then, but like Clark's own investigation, her subplot doesn't really impact the larger plot except in the ending montages where Lex actually gets arrested (though he could have been arrested based on Doomsday alone).

I'd definitely love to see a larger role for Amy Adams, but that'd also require a story appropriate for Lois's involvement. I don't see how JL contains that story. The only thing worse than a reduced appearance in Justice League is an oversized misuse of her appearance in Justice League.

That's why I'd rather they use her sparingly in JL, and then greatly expand her role in a MOS 2 that gives her something more substantial to do. That's precisely why I want a MOS 2 that pits Superman against Intergang while also containing a conspiracy involving Morgan Edge for Lois (and Clark and others) to investigate.

Some good point's dude. Personally I'd have done the "Death of Superman" in an MOS sequel. There need not be a BvS. But that's just me. But THEY DID do Death of Superman which had Lois Lane featured heavily. people want more adaptations like the comics, well Lois play's a big part in this and usually most Superman comics stories.

BIB- Would love something like that. More Lois and Clark investigating as reporters.
icon14.gif

Last edited:
If BvS which featured Lois as a part of the Superman portions (Really... Where is this "Too much Lois" complaint coming from? This is literally the only time I've heard that. Add it onto the pile of overblown criticism the film received I suppose. Par for the course) of the story which did indeed adapt DoS, then, uh... The film that resurrects Superman will be The Return Of Superman, another story that, yeah... Featured Lois. There's an appropriate space for Lois because Superman returning is part of the story.

If BvS which featured Lois as a part of the Superman portions (Really... Where is this "Too much Lois" complaint coming from? This is literally the only time I've heard that. Add it onto the pile of overblown criticism the film received I suppose. Par for the course) of the story which did indeed adapt DoS, then, uh... The film that resurrects Superman will be The Return Of Superman, another story that, yeah... Featured Lois. There's an appropriate space for Lois because Superman returning is part of the story.

Spot on old man.

The amount of time I and couple of others had to explain this to guy's on here...I've lost count. Here's the thing i say to people who say there's "Too much Lois" I say then don't do major stories that involve Lois Lane. But here's the kicker for them though, nearly every major story that will be ever be adapted for a live action Superman story involves Lois Lane. :funny:

She's the most important character in his story. She made her debut alongside him in 1938. She came before flight, Krypton, Daily Planet, Lex Luthor, BATMAN etc. :awesome:

Spot on old man.

The amount of time I and couple of others had to explain this to guy's on here...I've lost count. Here's the thing i say to people who say there's "Too much Lois" I say then don't do major stories that involve Lois Lane. But here's the kicker for them though, nearly every major story that will be ever be adapted for a live action Superman story involves Lois Lane. :funny:

She's the most important character in his story. She made her debut alongside him in 1938. She came before flight, Krypton, Daily Planet, Lex Luthor, BATMAN etc. :awesome:

Spot on.

Last edited:
Why I Love Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Lois Lane

[YT]NFDEWKvfQCk[/YT]

I don't think there's been too much Lois (that's not what I was saying), but it's a complaint I've seen around for both MOS and BvS (mostly complaints about the subplots involving Lois). The reason I don't expect much Lois in JL is because it isn't just or even primarily a Return of Superman film. I fully expect most of the plot to revolve around assembling the team and rescuing the scientists form parademons, leaving a rather small portion to the actual resurrection of Superman. Lois won't have a role in either the assembly of the team or the rescue of the scientists.

My point was that I don't have an issue with Lois having a reduced role in JL because the film's focus is on the other heroes, I'm looking forward to a proper MOS 2 with lots of Lois, and I also don't want to see more complaints about the subplots involving her (last thing I want is Lois getting a reduced role in MOS 2 as a result).

Don't like Amy as Lois but the DCEU has treated Lois with more respect than many other live action versions like Smallville and the Reeves movies. I would love if in JL she was helping investigate Flash Cyborg and co with Diana and Bruce working up to her being a mouth piece for JL and not just Superman.

Don't like Amy as Lois but the DCEU has treated Lois with more respect than many other live action versions like Smallville and the Reeves movies. I would love if in JL she was helping investigate Flash Cyborg and co with Diana and Bruce working up to her being a mouth piece for JL and not just Superman.

half agree, lois is good in mos. she's kind of an afterthought in bvs though.

I see everyone is just going to keep repeating the same things. Like that hasn't been done in every DC thread.:funny:

At least this thread is coming to a close soon.

Good point's from this person. Your video?

Nah, it's not me. :D Her videos popped on my recommended list and decided to share them. Still won't put any sense in some peoples heads, but she's spot on. Especially about Lex.

Why I Love Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Lois Lane

[YT]NFDEWKvfQCk[/YT]

Good stuff I love the "my world" theme throughout the film, and Amy's basically the eyes and ears for Superman on the ground, without her, Lex would have gotten away with the Capitol bombing, and Superman would have been killed by Batman.

half agree, lois is good in mos. she's kind of an afterthought in bvs though.

Hmm... Not sure if I agree. I felt BvS continued showing Lois actually doing some digging and reporting and what she uncovered was important to the plot and would probably get her a Pulitzer in the real world. I don't think she was ever an after thought.

Souperman did this and posted in the Fan Art thread.
icon14.gif

Hopefully Lois get's a JL poster much like BvS. :awesome:

JL%20lois%20get%20feisty%20small_zpsmzf4m7du.jpg

Nah, it's not me. :D Her videos popped on my recommended list and decided to share them. Still won't put any sense in some peoples heads, but she's spot on. Especially about Lex.
Based on the amount of views the video has, and the multiple threads you posted in = believing it is you. :o Nice work Becks!

I really do hope she's there for more than just witnessing Superman's resurrection. She is the "key", after all (whatever that means).

Souperman did this and posted in the Fan Art thread.
icon14.gif

Hopefully Lois get's a JL poster much like BvS. :awesome:

JL%20lois%20get%20feisty%20small_zpsmzf4m7du.jpg

When she, Alfred and Lex got posters for BvS it's not outside the realm of possibility she gets her own poster, especially if she's integral to the plot.

When she, Alfred and Lex got posters for BvS it's not outside the realm of possibility she gets her own poster, especially if she's integral to the plot.

Hopefully. Amy did shoot a poster shot for Justice League. Interview was done last summer over in London when she was filming. http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/amy-adams-arrival-nocturnal-animals-c-v-r.html

re you going to stick with coffee?” asks Amy Adams. “Will you be offended if I got myself something a little stronger?”
It’s late afternoon on a Friday in late July, and we’re in the glittery sepulchral swank of the Palm Court at London’s Langham Hotel. After a long day playing Lois Lane looking adoringly at Superman, maybe Adams needs a drink. She’s just come from a poster shoot for Justice League, which is, for reasons she says are unrelated to its plot, filming in this post-Brexit metropolis. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"