JUSTICE LEAGUE - Official Trailer 1

This is only an issue if we assume that Justice League was always going to be as dark and complex storywise as BVS. The very concept of the league lends itself to something much different than the basic concepts of BVS. Especially based on the way BVS ends, with an obvious renewed interest in heroism and a focus on hope.

I seriously doubt they wrote a Justice League movie that was just as introspective, heavy in tone and disjointed as BVS, and then scrambled to fix that in two weeks after a poor reception.

It's more likely that the "course correction" people like to talk about existed long before BVS was ever seen by audiences. And prior to BVS coming out, filmmakers flat out said Justice League was going to be lighter and more straightforward. They knew that people would have an issue with how dark things were getting and were trying to reassure them.

Look I know this is the last movie of the trilogy, and inherently by its concept, its gonna be a lighter movie. Terrio, the producers they all said it before BvS. Thing is, in the set visit they also said they put it a bit further due to fan reaction, and Geoff Johns has talked about "accelerating the hope" etc. I am all for a lighter JL movie. Just dont want something unnatural that is forced in. Hoping that is all PR talk to shut the bloggers up.

There was plenty in BVS that could be interpreted as "fun". The entire movie certainly wasn't, but it certainly wasn't devoid of anything people could consider fun, either.

Oh I absolutely agree, never said otherwise. The moments where I was grinning ear to ear in BvS, were not during the subtle jabs that Alfred or Perry were throwing but when something truly awesome was happening on-screen. My favourite of those moments :

1. Bruce staring at his suit.
2. Batman on top of the tower. Both of these had the effect due to the brilliant score.
3. Superman vs Doomsday heatvision battle.
4. WW's entrance.
5. Warehouse sequence etc etc

I was nerding out so bad during these moments. BvS certainly had elements of fun in it.

Last edited:
Look I know this is the last movie of the trilogy, and inherently by its concept, its gonna be a lighter movie. Terrio, the producers they all said it before BvS. Thing is, in the set visit they also said they put it a bit further due to fan reaction, and Geoff Johns has talked about "accelerating the hope" etc. I am all for a lighter JL movie. Just dont want something unnatural that is forced in. Hoping that is all PR talk to shut the bloggers up.

Oh I absolutely agree, never said otherwise. The moments where I was grinning ear to ear in BvS, were not during the subtle jabs that Alfred or Perry were throwing but when something truly awesome was happening on-screen. My favourite of those moments :

1. Bruce staring at his suit.
2. Batman on top of the tower. Both of these had the effect due to the brilliant score.
3. Superman vs Doomsday heatvision battle.
4. WW's entrance.
5. Warehouse sequence etc etc

I was nerding out so bad during these moments. BvS certainly had elements of fun in it.

It didn't make me grin but I loved the Superman montage.
"Maybe he's not a devil or jesus character. Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing" with Zimmer's score playing in the background, that whole part got to me.

It didn't make me grin but I loved the Superman montage.
"Maybe he's not a devil or jesus character. Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing" with Zimmer's score playing in the background, that whole part got to me.

That made my heart feel so heavy. Never before I have seen the character given so much respect and depth. Loved it.

I also recall hearing a story, after the CC special footage released, that Zack said to not expect the entire movie to be like that. So I can take for what it is and assume that footage and official trailer 1 was mainly to showcase the fun in JL. I'd probably equate the JL trailer 1 to BvS trailer 3. So my hope is that the next trailer will carry a bit more substance. As you said, I don't think Zack is the one to release something glib, at least unless the studio interferes. That's a whole different story.

6/10

Big step down from the BvS CC trailer, which to me is a 9/10 and easily one of the greatest trailers ever.

I enjoyed the interactions between the characters. Aquaman and Flash look very cool. The much more sociable Batman is just a big no no for me. It takes away from the character's mystique. The visuals...a few good shots here and there, for the most part is just a bad CGI fest. Music...didn't like it. I miss Hans Zimmer. Not interested in generic feel good rock tracks. The story...it just doesn't seem intriguing on any level. Basic, formulatic, predictable. I hope we get a little more than simply the DC's version of The Avengers.

This is actually a good opportunity to be pleasantly surprised, since i certainly don't expect this to be more than an average popcorn flick AT BEST. My expectations are very low.

I would agree the BvS CC trailer is easily the best superhero film trailer of all time. MoS had amazing ones too, goosebump city.

Man of Steel trailer 3 is the best trailer I've ever seen.

Man of Steel trailer 3 is the best trailer I've ever seen.

Such an amazing trailer as well, but 2 holds a spot cuz of the epic part when you first see the cape. 3 is overal a better trailer tho.

I'm getting an Ant-Man, Green Lantern, and Spider-Man Homecoming vibe with this trailer. All of those trailers had poor editing and a few good money shots. I guess there's at least a 50% chance this movie will be good.

Agreed on MoS trailers, though the CC trailer holds a special place for me. THAT was an awesome moment (leaked quality and all)

I've watched this one almost as much as those, tbh. I love it

Last edited:
The MoS trailers had me expecting a Superman version of The Dark Knight, and I was a bit let down after seeing MoS the first time, my expectations were too high, and I don't think a Superman movie could reach that effect that TDK had on me, because of how much I love Batman as a character, Joker as a villain, and the different influences on the Batman myth is, like crime drama, gangster movie, detective story, film noir, etc. After a few more watches, I came to really appreciate MoS on its own merits without comparing the two.

The CC trailers for both BvS and SS, I watched one after the other, and it blew my mind. I'd say BvS came close to meeting my expectations based on the first trailer, but SS fell far short. Of course, my expectations for SS dropped with each subsequent trailer, I think I was expecting a much different tone and film from that initial trailer.

The sneak peek Justice League trailer does not give me the same goosebumps as the first two BvS trailers. It looks more "fun", more like your typical action blockbuster, whereas the BvS trailer just looked like a great drama film, period. And I'm fine with that. A year ago, I'd have thought it would be a bit of a bummer and I was initially disappointed in the tone of the sneak peek, but after giving it some thought, I'd be happy if they delivered something that was more crowd pleasing for the general public. Maybe I'm just exhausted from all the negativity and arguing over BvS and Snyder's influence over the DCEU, and I think I'm now just curious if Snyder can deliver a film that doesn't get trashed relentlessly, curious to see what Snyder (and the rest) has learned from BvS, and what other tricks he has up his sleeve to deliver a financially and critically successful CBM.

I don't think the lighter, more hopeful tone is a course correction, I think it was always in the plan to have BvS be the darker film. It's called a Dawn Of Justice because it is dark until the very end, darkest before dawn, and I think that is an important aspect because you can't really show the hope that Superman and the rest represent, without showing the darkness they have to overcome.

I would agree the BvS CC trailer is easily the best superhero film trailer of all time. MoS had amazing ones too, goosebump city.

Batman Begins Teaser
The Dark Knight Trailer #1
TDK Rises Trailer #1
Man of Steel Teaser
Batman v Superman CC Trailer

My favorites

BvS CC trailer, with more of a focus on the conflict of Batman and Superman ideologies without the distractions of JL world building or Doomsday or WW or the negative perceptions of Eisenberg's Lex brought my expectations to near TDK levels of quality and epicness. Felt grounded and real, visually wasn't CGI over load the way the 3rd act of the movie became a giant video game cut scene.

Last edited:
I don't think the lighter, more hopeful tone is a course correction, I think it was always in the plan to have BvS be the darker film. It's called a Dawn Of Justice because it is dark until the very end, darkest before dawn, and I think that is an important aspect because you can't really show the hope that Superman and the rest represent, without showing the darkness they have to overcome.
I agree if there is a lighter more hopeful tone to this film then it's a natural progression from how BvS finished.

I don't think people have shown enough patience for this story (i e. Clark's) but I suppose that's understandable, as they let the character down in BvS.

I'm just looking forward to seeing what Henry does in this film.

Don't think I'm trolling or instigating ! I am looking for real opinions? Was the JL trailer a bust in regards to the public? It didn't seem to get many views after the first day? Again I'm not instigating just looking for answers from people who know more than me. And I'm not going to look all over the Internet because for every 1 legitimate article there are 50 bashing anything DCEU.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it without being wowed by it.
My very GA-type friends and colleagues at work I showed it to seemed very interested in it.

I give the trailer a 7.5/10. It's a well cut trailer and I like things about it like Aquaman. I've officially gotten sick of Snyder's overly CGI'ed overly murky visuals though. And I still think that the movie is going to blow.

A bit late,but ive been off the boards for a long while.

I thought the Trailer whilst looking Fun and actiony lacked the Epicness I expected from a Justice League movie.They also seem to have Overcompensated for the complaints about BVS and made it too Marvel like.

That being said it looks like a very Simplistic plot that Snyder despite his flaws can pull off.I expect a more MOS like reaction to this movie than a BVS reaction.

It doesn't seem Marvel like at all to me. Some people seem to think having jokes automatically makes it look Marvel. The trailer still has a serious edge to it than the previous films do.

Name me a superhero movie plot that isn't simplistic? Infacr most films have simplistic plots. I really think people just like to try and be smarter than the material so they have to complain about things like this. Honestly watch a film like Jaws, a fantastic film but it's a really simple plot. But you never hear it about a film like that do you?

It doesn't seem Marvel like at all to me. Some people seem to think having jokes automatically makes it look Marvel. The trailer still has a serious edge to it than the previous films do.

Name me a superhero movie plot that isn't simplistic? Infacr most films have simplistic plots. I really think people just like to try and be smarter than the material so they have to complain about things like this. Honestly watch a film like Jaws, a fantastic film but it's a really simple plot. But you never hear it about a film like that do you?

Agree to Disagree.It felt like a Marvel film to me despite the Dark visuals and didnt have Snyders charateristic serious edge.My opinion of course.

A Simplistic plot is not a Bad thing at all.But I mentioned it because MOS and BVS did not have Simplistic plots so this was a welcome change that i strongly suspect will play up to Snyders strengths this time

Last edited:
Agree to Disagree.It felt like a Marvel film to me despite the Dark visuals and didnt have Snyders charateristic serious edge.My opinion of course.

A Simplistic plot is not a Bad thing at all.But I mentioned it because MOS and BVS did not have Simplistic plots so this was a welcome change that i strongly suspect will play up to Snyders strengths this time

Both of those films had layers but the plots themselves were quite simple. I don't see why JL can't have layers too. The team ensemble probably does lose a little time for intricacies to the plot (possibly) but I don't see it as been a terrible thing.

Both of those films had layers but the plots themselves were quite simple. I don't see why JL can't have layers too. The team ensemble probably does lose a little time for intricacies to the plot (possibly) but I don't see it as been a terrible thing.

I dont think JL cant have Layers.I just didnt don think it will from my Trailer impression.Not necessarily a bad thing.Look at Antman or 300 for example.

I dont think JL cant have Layers.I just didnt don think it will from my Trailer impression.Not necessarily a bad thing.Look at Antman or 300 for example.

I get you mate :up:

MOS had a simple plot too.

And the trailer looks like typical Snyder...look at the number of "2 dark 4 me" complaints and you will realise that

I don't have a problem with "dark" so much as I do with "fake". Some shots in the trailer were so phony looking that it took me out of it. How can CGI still look so bad with the amount of money they are spending on these productions? That last shot with the Batmobile and Aquaman looks like it was filmed in 1993.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"