Comics Justice League Vs Avengers

The Question said:
Captain America trains regularly, and is a very highly skilled hand to hand combatant. Cap is also highly inteligent, and I don't see why Batman is automatically moreso. Also, I must add: Knowing more techniques and fighting styles does not make you a better fighter. It just means you're very anal retentive about learning everything you can. Experience and a quick mind are what wins fights, not moves.

I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion about who would defeat who, but you can't possibly argue the intellect or martial-arts skills of Captain America vs Batamn, it's just so one-sided. Bruce Wayne spent 12 years of his life mastering over 100 different martial-arts styles. That makes for an unpredictably overwhelming opponent in hand-to-hand combat.

As far as smarts go, Batman is one of the most keen minds on the face of the planet. This is a guy who could solve a crime committed in Cleveland with a q-tip from a cabinet in Honolulu. The whole super-genius bit is part of his character, bats are highly intelligent for their brain size and animal species. Only men like Reed Richards, Bruce Banner or Hank Pym are up in that class of genius. Cap isn't even in the same league.

Parker said:
I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion about who would defeat who, but you can't possibly argue the intellect or martial-arts skills of Captain America vs Batamn, it's just so one-sided. Bruce Wayne spent 12 years of his life mastering over 100 different martial-arts styles. That makes for an unpredictably overwhelming opponent in hand-to-hand combat.

Captain America spent several months in combat training, almost four years in combat as the government's top special operative in one of the largest wars in the history of the world, and has divided his time in the last ten or so years between coordinating atacks against giant monsters, alien dictators, and meglomaniacle terrorists with The Avengers and serving as one of the world's top special operatives against The Red Skull, Zemo, AIM, HYDRA, and other such threats with the U.S. government and S.H.E.I.L.D. Batman doesn't have an overwhelming advantage over Cap. Also, as I said, the number of styles you know doesn't make you a better fighter. It just means you're very anal retentive and like to waste training time.

Parker said:
As far as smarts go, Batman is one of the most keen minds on the face of the planet.

Tactically and analytically, yes. As is Cap.

Parker said:
This is a guy who could solve a crime committed in Cleveland with a q-tip from a cabinet in Honolulu.

Gross exageration.

Parker said:
The whole super-genius bit is part of his character, bats are highly intelligent for their brain size and animal species. Only men like Reed Richards, Bruce Banner or Hank Pym are up in that class of genius. Cap isn't even in the same league.

Batman isn't in League with Reed either. At least, not in Reed's feild. And Reed isn't in League with Bruce in his feild. Reed is a scientist. Physics, inventing, those are his areas of expertese. Bruce belongs in the realm of tactical and analytical thinking. They're not comperable. Cap and Batman, however, are, seeing as how they're both highly inteligent tactical and analytical thinkers.

parker you're a ****ing idiot
i love batman

but dude
hes human he has limits
cap is not human, hes super human

batman is a different type of hero
i hate dc comics cuz sometimes they make him more powerful then he is
dude can not take anyone in the jla or avengers
with out pre constructed no everything about your enemy fight

Number one I hate when some goon in the DC comics writing staff can even possibly think of letting Superman touch Thor's hammer. No one can lift it aside from Thor... NO ONE. Loki tried when he controlled the hulk for crying out loud. Superman is affected by magic Mjolnier is magical and destined only to held by the god of thunder himself. I do agree that the Flash would be the JLA's biggest asset where as Superman is the JLA's biggest ass. Marvel rules...hands down the Avengers.

With all due respect, as a fellow Thor fan, I have to disagree. Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, will possess the power of Thor. Yes, it was meant first and foremost for Thor himself, but others have wielded the hammer. It is an elite class to be sure including Beta Ray Bill and Captain America to name two (I'd be willing to bet in DC that Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman would meet the standard). While Mjolnir's magic properties would make it a formidable weapon against Superman, it does not negate his worthiness. Like it or not Superman is the icon, the standard by which all other heroes are judged; he is not an "ass". That may be the very reason why some dislike him, that's fine. That is why he's not the only superhero we've got.
Finally Thor would trash the JLA on his own while Superman would take the Avengers apart leaving the two for a final battle, who's outcome would be in doubt. (I happen to be a big fan of both.):cwink:

Given the following rosters:

Justice League:

Superman
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Batman
Aquaman
The Flash

Avengers:

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Giant Man
Wasp
Vision

superman has powers that thor doesn't have (heat vision, freezing breath, etc.). he probably has a slight edge but it wouldn't be the deciding factor in the team v team battle. flash has the edge over quicksilver. martian manhunter has the edge over vision. batman vs captain america could go either way but wouldn't have much of an effect on the overall battle. green lantern would beat iron man. all the above match-ups are pretty close but dc definitely wins overall. that leaves wonder woman and aquaman (plus the dc winners from the above match-ups) vs scarlet witch, giant man, and wasp. scarlet witch is a pretty big factor but, overall, dc's characters are stronger than marvel's. dc would win. even if thor is equal to superman, and they cancel each other out, the justice league is still stronger than the avengers.

The advantage the JLA has is speed. Wally West could blitz the entire team of Avengers in the blink of an eye. He could speed lend to GL.(basically amping GLs speed up to light speed)

This is not even mentioning Supes and Wonder Woman who also faster than anyone on Marvels team. Well actually I'd say Diana and Thor are about even.

Because I know someone will mention it... no, Quicksilver is no where near as fast as Flash or Superman. Flash can run thousands of times faster than light. Which is ridiculous, really. Quicksilver is supersonic, but no where near light speed. Scarlett Witch could have a chance of doing something, like dimension dumping the entire JLA. But she'd be knocked out before she can even begin to process a thought. Such is the speed of Flash.

Really, this fight just makes me feel bad for Thor. He'll be the only Marvel character left standing... but then he has to face Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman and an amped up GL all on his lonesome. Poor guy.

Last edited:
The justice league wins because they have batman and spider-man isn't fighting with the avengers.

Batman is instantly able to figure out:

opponents abilities
their strengths
weaknesses
come up instantly with a plan to stop them

Justice League:

Superman
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Batman
Aquaman
The Flash

Avengers:

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Giant Man
Wasp
Vision

going from strongest to weakest from each team you have

Batman >>>> Thor
Superman >>> Iron Man
Manhunter >>> Scarlet Witch
Flash >>>> Quicksilver (flash dopplegagger)
wonder woman >>> giant man
aqua man >>> wasp

The only fair way to determine strength is to use only the founding members of each team, if we use side characters through numbers alone the Justice League will win. So the Founding members of each team are.

JLA The Avengers
Superman Iron man
Wonder Woman Ant-man
Flash Wasp
Green Lantern Thor
Aquaman Hulk
Martian Manhunter Captain American...sorta.
Batman

Captain America was found in issue four sadly not making him a Founding member, but to keep the fight a little more fair we will include him. Now I think that the matches would be abit different than most people do. Firstly Superman would square off against the Hulk, I doubt Hulk would have it any other way. Next would likely be Green Lantern and Thor, each possessing the strongest weapon in the known universe. Followed by Batman and Iron Man, both highly intelligent gadget using rich guys. Next Aquaman and Captain American, both icons of their own civilizations. And finally Wonder Woman, Flash and Martian Manhunter against Ant-man and Wasp.

I believe we can all see that this isn't going to go well for the Avengers. Since Ant-man and Wasp are by far the weakest Avengers, and yet they have potentially the three strongest after them, and easy victory for Wonder Woman, Flash and Martian Manhunter. Who could then move on to other enemies. I'm sorry to say that while The Hulk is my favorite comic character of all time. The avengers would lose.

I will Not predict which team will win or lose but the opponents should be like this -

JLA Vs Avengers.

Shazam Vs Thor.

Batman Vs Captain America.

Wonder Woman Vs She Hulk.

Red Tornado Vs Vision

Flash Vs Quick Silver.

Green Arrow Vs Hawkeye.

Superman Vs Hulk.

Aquaman Vs Namor.

Black Canary Vs Black Widow.

Zatanna Vs Scarlet Witch.

Dr. Fate Vs Dr. Strange.

Steel Vs War machine. (or Iron man either one.)

Atom Vs Ant Man.

Green Lantern vs Nova.

Last edited:
okay, here are my predictions on who will win -

JLA Vs Avengers.

Shazam Vs Thor. Thor.

Batman Vs Captain America. Captain America.

Wonder Woman Vs She Hulk. Wonder Woman.

Red Tornado Vs Vision Vision.

Flash Vs Quick Silver. Flash.

Green Arrow Vs Hawkeye. Green Arrow.

Superman Vs Hulk. Superman.

Aquaman Vs Namor. Aquaman.

Black Canary Vs Black Widow. Black Canary.

Zatanna Vs Scarlet Witch. Scarlet Witch.

Dr. Fate Vs Dr. Strange. Dr. Fate.

Steel Vs War machine. (or Iron man either one.) War machine (or Iron Man).

Atom Vs Ant Man. Ant Man.

Green Lantern vs Nova. Green lantern.

So, JLA wins, though some results could go either way.

Namor annihilates Aquaman. Namor is class 100 in water. Aquaman is like, class 50.

going from strongest to weakest from each team you have

Batman >>>> Thor
Superman >>> Iron Man
Manhunter >>> Scarlet Witch
Flash >>>> Quicksilver (flash dopplegagger)
wonder woman >>> giant man
aqua man >>> wasp

What the hell is this? How the hell does Batman beat Thor? He'd be dead before he even processed a thought.

Just my opinion.b

in what universe is cap even a close match up to batman, thats really stupid on your part he has even deveated hulk in the crossover without any prep time (especialllyyyy for those who think he is useless without prep). and scarlet witch defeating zatana scarlet isn't even a real magician
seriously vision an artificial inteligence defeating the freakinnnn martian manhunter blue beetle and black panther would have a draw and hawkeye really??? green arrow is 5th best stragist and is and has shown to be in level with batman in hand to hand combat he also has used a green which he still has
if you might not khnow atom can shrink to subatomic level where as ant man can only gain an insectoid form canary is one of the best martial artist how on earth does she loses from spiderwoman . and i cant believe we are having this debate jla has batman and 9 of the top ten rules in comic book clearly states batman never loses he may be beaten to death he may be tortured to hell he maybe old but he freakinn never ever loses in dc or in marvel

lol. Batman never loses because... he's the hero. The hero never loses. Especially popular ones. That's how comics work.

And Cap would obliterate Batman. He's faster, he's stronger, he doesn't tire because his body doesn't produce lactic acid. He is just as tactically astute as Batman.

What's this crap about Batman beating the Hulk too?

awesome answer dude i cant believe we are having this debate jla has batman and 9 of the top ten rules in comic book clearly states batman never loses
so if they want a fair fight jla might have to let batman go .

9 out the top 10 rules? What top 10 rules? What comics have you been reading?

Batman is completely irrelevant in this fight. The Flash could solo the Avengers.

as far as i have seen avengers they lack strategy they never have a battle plan nor are they as experienced as a team as jla. Avengers have disbanded several times and please never ever call cap as smart and in level with batman he wont even outsmart nightwing or owlman and seriously avengers have shown a serious lack of trust among the team members over the time and they aren't even as organized as jla or even titans. if there was a singles matchup (excluding batman he can defeat both jla and marvel together) then diffrent charachters would have diffrent result but as a team jla totaly kiccks the asses of avengers

You need to read more comics that don't have Batman written on the front.

i think someone summed it up perfectly earlier

It would basically be

Thor vs. JL

since the Flash would be capable of eliminating all of the Avengers via a speed blitz.

This might have already been a post due to the Dc marvel crossover. Im just curious , the fact that the avengers can stand against the justice league is quite spectacular. In Dc marvel crossovers Thor and superman fight , superman beats him but throughout the series , it appears that the rest of the justice league is very weak , i mean quicksilver fighting the flash .... on and off and quicksilver beating him this is kind of interesting . Green lantern is greatly underestimated in this series , but i do love when captain america goes up against superman , not caring how much power superman has , captain america is amazing , he knows he is no match for superman but still stands up against him. Who do you guys like better the avengers or the justice league , i will [personally go with the avengers because of iron man , vision and captain america.

The rest of the justice league is NOT weak , Martian Manhunter is nearly as strong as Superman , and he has more powers than superman.
Batman could easily kick Captain Americas ass because he uses ranged weapons alongside his melee attacks.

You have no idea on how much people make up JLA, sure the main characters are Superman,Batman,Martian Manhunter, Wonder woman,the flash ,and green lantern,but if you include aquaman,green arrow,red tornado,steel,atom,Hawkman,Phantom Stranger,hawk girl,and captain atom.

Ok, one thing you have to think about what the the enemies of both sides are ,

JLA enemies darkseid-Stronger than any member of the avengers or justice league , and is immortal and therefore undefeatable
Doomsday,which is strong enough to defeat superman.
Lex Luthor- not very strong but has the brains and the money to destroy the justice league
Anti-Justice league,
Criminal syndicate of america,
and many more.

Avenger enemies:Ultron
Loki
Grim reapers
Thats all the enemies that I know but the avengers most likely have a lot more than that.

Justice League members
Superman
Greenlantern
Jon Jon'zz (Martian Manhunter)
Wonder Woman
Batman
The Flash
Captain Marvel
Green Arrow
Captain Atom
Red Tornado
Plastic man
Red Canary
Aquaman
Firestorm
Zatanna
Hawkgirl
Hawkman

Avengers
Hulk
Thor
Iron Man
Cap'n America
Wasp
Hawkeye
Ant-Man
Black Widow
Nick Fury
Vision

JLA has more but the avengers have Hulk , But one thing that you need to have in mind is that they bought fight for the same goal:protect earth, so they would most likely team up and fight the bad guys(that would make an epic movie).But if they would fight fight each other I would go with the Justice League winnning as they have the intelligence and teamwork to do it.I'm not saying that the avengers dont have teamwork or good leadership, its just because some of the avengers dont get along with other members.It would end up with losses on both sides too.JLA has way more powerful enemies than the avengers do and they still succeed .

I doubt that in a battle situation, Batman would be calmly "analyzing their oponents." In a fight like that, he'd be forced to make stuff up on the fly. And also, remember, The Avengers are not idiots, and they are capable of tactical thinking themselves (hell, Cap is probably just as smart as Batman is). Wanda and Thor, pooling theri powers, could scatter the League apart. And, like I said, The Vision would atempt to take out their heavy hitters by doing what I described. It could easily go either way.
Cap'n is slightly dumber than batman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"