Justice League of America vs. Avengers

Anubis said:
Never said they were, I just had to put Iron Man somewhere and it seemed like a good idea at the time. :o

Oh no, sorry... I didn't mean to imply that you did say that. It simply seemed as if that's what was happening, as the way you laid it out made it look like you were doing opposites;

e.g.
Superman - Thor
Wonder Woman - Ms Marvel
Batman - Cap

It's true, I was doing it that way.

As far as Quasar being too powerful, well, maybe he is. Maybe that gives the Marvel heros the advantage the way DC would get the advantage with a Wonder Woman/Ms. Marvel match up. (I say this because Ms. M's baseline strength isn't near Diana's. She could make short work of Carol as long as say, Living Lightining or Quasar doesn't boost her energy or something insanely creative like that.)

Anubis said:
How about this one:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Black Lightining
Red Arrow
Black Canary
Red Tornado
Vixen
Hawkgirl
Green Lantern

vs

Thor
Ms. Marvel
Cap
Living Lightning
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Vision
Spider-Man
Iron Man
Quasar

Marvels team would take just about every match up.

Anubis said:
It's true, I was doing it that way.

As far as Quasar being too powerful, well, maybe he is. Maybe that gives the Marvel heros the advantage the way DC would get the advantage with a Wonder Woman/Ms. Marvel match up. (I say this because Ms. M's baseline strength isn't near Diana's. She could make short work of Carol as long as say, Living Lightining or Quasar doesn't boost her energy or something insanely creative like that.)

Quasar is now dead my friend, although it's comics so he probably won't stay that way recent Nova mini number 4.

- Whirly

New JLA

Superman
Batman
Wonderwomen
Green Lantern
Red Tornado
Black Lightning
Arsenal
Hawk Girl
Vixen
Black Canary

VS

Mighty Avengers

Sentry
IronMan
Wonder Man
Ms. Marvel
Ares
Wasp
Black Widow

Just to even up the numbers I would add;

YellowJacket
She-Hulk
Living Lightning

Canary Fan said:
Marvels team would take just about every match up.

Really? The way I see it in terms of match ups:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Captain America
Black Lightining
Hawkeye
Black Canary
Vision
Vixen
Iron Man
Quasar

But a team battle doesn't go that way. It would come down to the group that comes together best as a team, and in that aspect, I think it could go either way.

New JLA vs Avengers Alumni

Superman vs Thor
Wonder Woman vs Ms. Marvel
Batman vs Captain America
Black Lightining vs Living Lightning
Red Arrow vs Hawkeye
Black Canary vs Black Widow
Red Tornado vs Vision
Vixen vs IronMan
Hawkgirl vs Spider-Man
Green Lantern vs Quasar

Wow, Vixen vs. Iron Man? Isn't that a bit... I don't know... ridiculously uneven?

New JLA vs Mighty Avengers

Superman / Black Lightning vs Sentry
Batman / Red Tornado vs Iron Man
Wonderwomen / Hawk Girl vs Ares
Green Lantern vs Wonder Man
Arsenal vs Wasp
Vixen vs Ms Marvel

TheCorpulent1 said:
Wow, Vixen vs. Iron Man? Isn't that a bit... I don't know... ridiculously uneven?

It's more even than Hawk Girl vs IronMan

True, but so is Hawkgirl vs. Spider-Man. Vixen is a better match for Spider-Man, so at least you'd only have one uneven match if you switched Hawkgirl and Vixen.

How about this.

Wonderwomen vs Ares
Arsenal vs Wasp
Vixen / Hawk Girl vs Ms Marvel

Sentry vs Superman
Thor vs Captain Marvel
IronMan vs John Stewart
Captain America vs Batman
Hulk vs Hal Jordan
Yellow Jacket vs Atom Smasher
Wonder Man vs Guy Gardner
Ares vs Hercules
Hercules vs Wonder Women
Captain Marvel vs Captain Atom
Black Panther vs Hawkman
Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna
Ant-Man vs Atom
Hawkeye vs Green Arrow
Namor vs Aquaman
DareDevil vs Arsenal
Vision vs Red Tornado
Wasp vs Bumble Bee
Quasar vs Ion

Anubis said:
Really? The way I see it in terms of match ups:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Captain America
Black Lightining
Hawkeye
Black Canary
Vision
Vixen
Iron Man
Quasar

But a team battle doesn't go that way. It would come down to the group that comes together best as a team, and in that aspect, I think it could go either way.

Thor vs Superman- Thor
Ms Marvel vs Wonder Woman- WW
Cap vs Batman- Cap
Living Lightning vs Black Lightning-LL
Hawkeye vs Red Arrow-Hawkeye
Black Widow vs Black Canary-Black Canary
Vision vs Red Tornado-Vision
Spidermanvs Vixen- Spidey
Ironman vs Hawkgirl- LMAO Ironman
Quasar vs Green Lantern-Quasar

I don't think Spidey could take her, and I think BL's years of experience would make the difference.

How about this.

Wonderwomen vs Ares
Arsenal vs Wasp
Vixen / Hawk Girl vs Ms Marvel

Yeah the MA could actually give the JLA a run for their money. the NA wouldnt even come close.

If you add Dr strange to the avengers, then avengers automatically win

Cyrusbales said:
If you add Dr strange to the avengers, then avengers automatically win

Sadly probably true, Stranges power level is insane these days. Otherwise Speedblitz rules. We have guys on the JLA who move faster than thought.

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
Sadly probably true, Stranges power level is insane these days. Otherwise Speedblitz rules. We have guys on the JLA who move faster than thought.

- Whirly

Strange uses magic which is one of superman's weaknesses, that's what made me think of him.

This entire discussion purely hinges on which comic the story would be in, if marvel write, avengers win, if DC write, JLA win.

Although in the JLA cartoon series, Superman gets owned all the time by laser beams and pretty much everything really. And Flash has a scene where he spends a few minutes chasing a car, they soooo messed up his powers in that one!

Argh! I voted the New Avengers by mistake.

Cyrusbales said:
Strange uses magic which is one of superman's weaknesses, that's what made me think of him.

This entire discussion purely hinges on which comic the story would be in, if marvel write, avengers win, if DC write, JLA win.

Although in the JLA cartoon series, Superman gets owned all the time by laser beams and pretty much everything really. And Flash has a scene where he spends a few minutes chasing a car, they soooo messed up his powers in that one!

In a Vs. debate it's best to ignore comic book companies motives, PIS and CIS aand focus purely on powers and abilities. Superman is vulnerable to magic, that means it can hurt him. He often beats high level mystics though, ask Blaze.

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
In a Vs. debate it's best to ignore comic book companies motives, PIS and CIS aand focus purely on powers and abilities. Superman is vulnerable to magic, that means it can hurt him. He often beats high level mystics though, ask Blaze.

- Whirly

Doesn't the location of the fight make a difference? If superman is in the wrong environment, his powers are nothing, depends on starting distance, if they have prep time etc.

Tactically, Captain America gives avengers the tactical upperhand.

JLA have the speed advantage.

Cyrusbales said:
It should be noted cartoon Supes is really underpowered compared to comic Supes.

CConn said:
It should be noted cartoon Supes is really underpowered compared to comic Supes.

and supes from SR is really overpowered, when could superman lift up an island of kryptonite, with a shard of kryptonite in his side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"