Justice Society Of America

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score

Have had this idea for a while about what if DC were to introduce the Justice Society of America as its own run of films. Which means they would have the option of continuing with the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman by just having them on a different Earth.

Where the GOTG filled a void for Marvel by introducing a space based team I think DC could do the same introducing the JSA as a more period set team set in the 40s to late 50s (think the opening montage of Watchmen)

It would also be a nice take to have the story being about the forming of the JSA as they are the first ever Superhero team and with quite a few big characters DC have yet to use.

With that in mind I thought I would give my own casting choices and open it up to you all who you think should play the JSA.

Doctor Fate

For me this one is all about the voice, they need to have a very distinctive commanding voice that also lets you know they are well educated as well as being a damn fine actor

Casting Choice: Hugo Weaving

Hour-Man

I will start this by saying I know next to nothing about Hour-Man but I personal think the biggest attribute of this actor must be an almost cocky confidence because he see himself as the only trustworthy user of the Miarclo while also appearing to be smart as he's also a scientist.

Casting Choice: Patrick Wilson

Green Lantern

One of the few Golden Age versions I know a bit about it would make a refreshing change to the Green Lantern traditional mythos. To have a wielder who knows nothing about the ring and to have a weakness as easy to use as wood would make this a very different character.

Casting Choice: Sean Bean

The Flash

It wouldn't be a fan cast if I didn't cast Jon Hamm as someone and since we are never getting him as Batman I think he would make a fine Golden Age Flash.

Casting Choice: Jon Hamm

The Spectre

Out of all of them I think potentially Spectre could be the most interesting of the bunch. Being basically invincible Spectre's story would more be about what he should and should not do with his power.

Casting Choice: Daniel Craig

Sandman

Sandman just looks like something out of Noir style book and being one of the few on the team who rely more on his gasses than any powers

Casting Choice: Adam Driver

Hawkman

His time as Tarzan has shown us that he can definitely beef up for the role and at 6ft 3 he would have the size down.

Casting Choice: Alexander Skarsgård

The Atom

Golden Age Atom is also very different from Ray Palmer. He is described as originally as a tough guy sticking up for the little guy who is just adept at combat.

Casting Choice: Jason Clarke

What would your choices be for the JSA?

You know, this might be a way for DC to do a team-up film that eventually branches off into spinoffs for other characters that had rough first outings (Flash and GL), as well as other heroes who could potentially be really popular. And the period setting would set it apart from The Avengers. They could tout it as “the world’s first superheroes” or something along that line. If Hawkman is a hit in Black Adam, maybe that could pave the way for a JSA movie.

It is my dream to have a JSA movie. They are my favorite team thanks to the wonderful comic book run by Johns and Goyer. Set the film in the 1950’s and you could even theoretically retcon Wonder Woman into its universe. Sequels could be in present time in which old members are training the next generation.

Yeah I think you would need to go a solo movie first for at least Spectre, Doctor Fate, The Flash, Green Lantern and potentially Hour-Man.

Where as I think you could introduce the other three in one of those movies.

With Spectre you could a movie about him first gaining the power and finding himself in complex, morally-ambiguous situations that posed certain ethical questions.
  • What vengeance should be wrought upon a woman who killed her abusive husband in his sleep?
  • The pending execution of a wrongfully-convicted man.
  • A 90-year-old woman who had spent her entire life trying to atone for the single murder she had secretly committed in the 1920s.
  • A pharmaceutical company that's holding back a life saving drug for profits.
These are the types of things I would want to see the Spectre deal with. I don't want to just see him cut down your typical street criminals but see him more dealing with the more complex moral questions.

Also his relationship with the Presence would make it even more interesting. You gain these incredible powers to the point you feel like are almost omnipotent only to realise there is an even more powerful force that has final say over your actions.

And finally you'd have Corrigan's internal struggle trying to decide if this is good or evil power that's inside of him.

Spectre is one I think if done right could be a massive winner for DC

I wonder if WB is developing JS due to the fact they're being brought back after Doomsday Clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"