Justice Society of America

Status
Not open for further replies.

yenaled

3X2(9YZ)4A
Reaction score
Starting in October JSA will be re-launched as Justice Society of America. Geoff will write with Alex Ross as cover artist and creative consultant, the artist is Dave Eaglesham. The confirmed members for now are Power Girl, the new Starman, Hourman (Rick Tyler), and Damage. Alex Ross with be redesigning some costumes, they have a picture of Damage. They also have a table with Power Girl, Wildcat, and Mr. Terrific looking over pictures of potential members; Jay, Stargirl, Alan, Superman, Wonder Woman, Sand, Hawkman, Stripes, Liberty Bell, Jakeem, and Damage. The first arc will be something trying to destroy the Golden Age heroes bloodlines!

From Wizard out this Wednesday (or wait a few days and it will be on the internet - and that way you don't waste any money :D).

Totally cool. I loved the Alex Ross covers, like Dale Eaglesham's art and totally dig Johns' writing on JSA. I'm glad to see that Hourman is back in the game again, and I always liked Power Girl. Damage should be a good fit with this team, but I really hope that Jay Garrick and Alan Scott stick around too, because it just isn't the Justice Society without them. Wildcat needs to be there too.

Know nothing about the new Starman though. Did he appear in 52? I'll be catching up with that the start of next month, so I haven't been reading it yet.

I hope Stargirl doesn't go away. I mean she's the heart of the JSA right now. She can't go.

Im glad Hourman is in the team but I hope they don't kill none of the Golden Age heroes. It'll suck if Alan, Jay, Ted aren't in the team.

Sweet that sounds like a blast, something about JSA gets me right here.

That reminds me, how many lives does Ted have left?
And that new Starman had better be Jack Knight. Or, like, the kid he had with Nash.

I'm pretty sure Ted is down to his last life.

The BatDude said:
Im glad Hourman is in the team but I hope they don't kill none of the Golden Age heroes. It'll suck if Alan, Jay, Ted aren't in the team.

I'll never buy a JSA book without at least a few Golden Age members on the team. They've already killed too many of them.

Harlekin said:
I'm pretty sure Ted is down to his last life.
He is. He lost his last extra life to Jay Garrick in the JSA Classified arc that preceded the current Vandal Savage/Alan Scott one.

I'm fairly happy about the line-up, though I could definitely see Power Girl go. She never interested me at all, and the most entertaining story I've seen from her was that one-issue gag where the biker dude was courting and fighting her simultaneously. It's pretty lame that the picture described implies Mr. Terrific, Wildcat, and Power Girl will be choosing the roster, though. The JSA starts and ends with the Golden Agers, as far as I'm concerned. Alan Scott, Wildcat, Jay Garrick, and Rex Tyler should be looking over potential members, not two younger heroes and Wildcat.

Well, I'm not particularly bothered by the Terrific aspect, since he is Chairman and all that.

Yeah, Terrific and Mid-Nite are the only two other members I could see slipping by and getting in on the decision process. Rick and Sand could, too, but they at least have strong ties to the Golden Agers to support their places. Power Girl, though? Ugh. I'd just as soon see her booted off the team entirely. Plus, it's just the whole aspect of Wildcat and two younger heroes debating whether the likes of Alan Scott and Jay Garrick even should be on the team. Alan Scott and Jay Garrick, in many ways, are the new JSA. They're the ones who count themselves as father figures to the younger generation of heroes. They're the ones who go out of their way to teach those younger heroes. They're the ones who've been with the JSA from the start and should rightly see it through to the end.

Sand actually was a Golden Ager. But, he's become a total background character...

I feel like Damage should get in on that. when his series came out, he was hyped as a future power player, I'm still waiting on that to actually happen.

Alex Ross as creative consultant:"Hey Geoff, can we get Barry on the team?"

rigel7soldiers said:
Sand actually was a Golden Ager. But, he's become a total background character...

I feel like Damage should get in on that. when his series came out, he was hyped as a future power player, I'm still waiting on that to actually happen.
Yeah, that's what I meant by Sand's "strong ties." I've been disappointed in his reduced role too, especially since they've been titillating us the whole time with his costume changes. Going from the bodysuit with sand powers to the adoption of grapple and gas guns to the addition of the trenchcoat over his costume--he looks more and more like he's stepping into Wesley's shoes the less he actually does.

I'm also glad it looks like Damage will be a part of the new team. It seems kind of appropriate, really. The Golden Age Human Bomb dies, replaced by some new guy, and Damage--who looked like he was being groomed on the Freedom Fighters to take over for the Human Bomb one day--migrates to what has practically become DC's official Golden Age nostalgia team, the JSA.

I'm really happy about the inclusion of Damage but I'd definatly want to see Sand, Alan and Scott. Jakeem Thunder too, he has comfortably steped into his role - and you have to have the Thunderbolt on the team.

Yeah, the Thunderbolt's a must. I've always liked how the JSA had a more mystical bent to balance the JLA's more sci-fi element. I would love to see a Shadowpact/JSA crossover somewhere down the line where they hunt down the new Dr. Fate, too.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, that's what I meant by Sand's "strong ties." I've been disappointed in his reduced role too, especially since they've been titillating us the whole time with his costume changes. Going from the bodysuit with sand powers to the adoption of grapple and gas guns to the addition of the trenchcoat over his costume--he looks more and more like he's stepping into Wesley's shoes the less he actually does.

I'm also glad it looks like Damage will be a part of the new team. It seems kind of appropriate, really. The Golden Age Human Bomb dies, replaced by some new guy, and Damage--who looked like he was being groomed on the Freedom Fighters to take over for the Human Bomb one day--migrates to what has practically become DC's official Golden Age nostalgia team, the JSA.

huh. I hadn't noticed that Damage was actually under consideration until after my initial comment; I'd just been confused by how he's a total bit player but he was hyped as the next big thing when he debuted...
Also, stay with me on this one, I think Damage may be more a legacy of the Atom. I have no idea how, it's not like they're related or anything, I just think it's right.

Sarcasm is the tool of... losers... or something. I forgot how the quote goes, but you know what I mean. :mad:

Yeah, I forgot that Damage is Al Pratt's grandson. I guess they would focus more on that than his similarities to the Human Bomb. He probably represents a second chance for the JSA to pay respect to the original Atom's memory after Atom-Smasher ****ed up so badly.

So, Damage has some relation to Kate Spencer, Manhunter. I did not know that.

I didn't know that, either, you don't see me telling everybody.
Eh. I like Damage... He restarted the universe in Zero Hour, and then nobody remembered to put him in anything. That reminds me, Al Pratt was Grant's father, not grandfather. Yeah, he seems young for a guy with a WWII vet dad.

Anyway, Sand should definately make the team. If he's not there, Johnny sorrow won't be in JSA ever again...

What bothers me most is that its yet another book for Geoff Johns. While JSA (IMO) has always been his strongest title, its also another addition to his already staggering work load. And certain comics like GL are suffering because of it.

I thought Damage died in IC #1 but Wikipedia says different
Several members of the modern Freedom Fighters team were killed by the Society in Infinite Crisis #1, with the exception of Damage, who was severely injured by Zoom, and the Ray, who was captured by the Psycho-Pirate and told that Luthor wanted him alive. The Society was collecting people representatives of each of the Earths merged in the original Crisis on Infinite Earths.
IMO they should just recon the Al Pratt as the father and turn him to his Grand-Father and blame it on Superboy's punchs

jaydawg said:
What bothers me most is that its yet another book for Geoff Johns. While JSA (IMO) has always been his strongest title, its also another addition to his already staggering work load. And certain comics like GL are suffering because of it.
yeah Johns is becoming DC's Bendis

Both of them would be so much better if they drop some books but yeah Johns is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"