Kate "Manhunter" Spencer's lineage (Spoilers)

yenaled

3X2(9YZ)4A
Reaction score
For people who might not buy Manhunter but enjoy all the Golden Age stuff... in Manhunter #23, Kate's legacy is finally revealed :

Warning all spoilers for #23.

Her grandparents have been revealed as Arnold "Iron" Munro and the original Phantom Lady - Sandra Knight. Sandra Knight is the cousin of Ted Knight (Starman I). So she does have JSA connections but more closely realted too the Freedom Fighters and the All-Star Squadron.

Meaning Kate Spencer is the second neice (or neice once removed) (I think) of Jack Knight.

So... OK!

Al Pratt was not her blood grandfather but put his name down on the birth certificate of Kate's father because Sandra Knight was pregnant outside of wedlock, which in the 40s was a lot more serious than today.

With all this and her friendship with Obsidian, I really hope that we see Kate, Obsidian, Ray Terrill, Damage in the new Infinity Inc through 52.

I'm so glad this title was given a reprieve from death by DiDio. :)

I know and I really hope it helps get more people pick up the title.

It was very cool of DiDio to list the main people sending letters in his column too.

Yeah, I just sent another letter in today thanking him for saving it. :up:

HA! if she's the grandaughter of Iron Munroe, then she's also the great grandaughter of Hugo Danner :D

Odd that she didn't inherit her granddad's super powers. I guess the mutation could have been diluted, but only after a generation seems unlikely.

i'm going to start picking this title up, if it was good enough for DiDio to save it must be pretty good. :)

The Question said:
Odd that she didn't inherit her granddad's super powers. I guess the mutation could have been diluted, but only after a generation seems unlikely.

It seems that Kate's son has inherited the powers though. Who knows, maybe the meta-gene works strangly and can be recessive at times.

warren_sparta27 said:
i'm going to start picking this title up, if it was good enough for DiDio to save it must be pretty good. :)

Good job mate, hope you enjoy it. :D

I guess the mutations could have been recessive with Kate. Stil, Iron inhereted his powers from his dad, so I'm still a little surprised that Kate didn't inheret them either. Still, it's going to be interesting seeing her raise her son now. Iron Munro and Hugo Danner were both vastly powerful, even as kids. Hugo, when he was a little'n, could uproot huge oak trees and toss 'em around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"