Keith_v's Fan Art

just water colors or did you also use watercolor pencils?

pretty amazing stuff!

Just water colors. I actually have some water color pencils, but to be honest, I don't have the slightest clue how to use them. Using a very finely pointed brush can give you a line finer than that of a pencil, anyway.

If you do know how to use water color pencils, can you let me know? The one time I tried to use them, the picture came out looking like it was colored with an old crayon.

Thanks.

i used them only one time a few years back so im NO go to on the subject. sorry.

i used them only one time a few years back so im NO go to on the subject. sorry.

That's a beautiful texture you give to your drawings, keith. You know that Venom's one is the best. Keep on painting!

That's a beautiful texture you give to your drawings, keith. You know that Venom's one is the best. Keep on painting!

Thanks so much for the compliment. That Venom is actually my favorite, too.

Here is a water color of the famous Spider-Man 3 shot. I did this after they first released the pic. The only thing I changed, beside the costume, was the position of the hands. I made them a little more relaxed.

spiderman3pcsmallkx2.jpg

great job, i like the relaxed hands, they look great

damn keith...you definitely got skill. you're good w/them color pencils...your water colors are comin' along nicely also.

The thing I like about water colors is that you only need to go over your picture once with them, as opposed to multiple times with pencil. Plus they're a lot cleaner than other kinds of paint.

This is a water color of the Flash. I used an ad from a magezine as a reference.

theflashsmallej7.jpg

flash looks pretty good. i would've suggested making his shoulders more slanted to show that his body is twisting cuz right now it looks a bit stiff but it looks good otherwise.

flash looks pretty good. i would've suggested making his shoulders more slanted to show that his body is twisting cuz right now it looks a bit stiff but it looks good otherwise.

That's a really good point. Whenever I think of Flash moving, I always picture him running in a straight line. But when you take into consideration his ability to not just run fast but to move every limb at that speed, such as punching, kicking, or just turning as he's running, it really adds a new challenge and effect to his illustrating his superpower.

Defefintely something I'll consider the next time I draw him. Thanks!

nice! congrats!

Thanks!

Also, this is the Carnage piece that I did. The first is the black and white version, before I put the color into it, and below it is the finished colored version.

carnagebandwsmalliu7.jpg

carnagecolorsmallou9.jpg

I know, the red is very blotchy. A computer scanner can be a very unforgiving creature.

I think that colored Carnage is beautiful, man. Gorgeious. Maybe some more noticable muscle rendering like there's shown in the B&W version, but not really needed either.

I think that colored Carnage is beautiful, man. Gorgeious. Maybe some more noticable muscle rendering like there's shown in the B&W version, but not really needed either.

Thanks for the compliment!

I wanted to try and keep the muscle a little more noticable in the colored version, but the red has a tendency to gobble up any color underneath it. It's probably the most aggrevating colored paint to use. It almost never comes out consistant.

congrats again on your AICN win. kinda cool to see your sig on another site! :)

Thanks!

Also, this is the Carnage piece that I did. The first is the black and white version, before I put the color into it, and below it is the finished colored version.

carnagebandwsmallfk1.jpg

carnagecolorsmallle1.jpg

I know, the red is very blotchy. A computer scanner can be a very unforgiving creature.

That's very scary............................in a cool way! :yay:

He should look something like this if he'll appear in a Spidey flick
icon14.gif

congrats again on your AICN win. kinda cool to see your sig on another site! :)

And thank you again my friend.

And Silver Sable, thank you also.

I couldn't post right away because of some computer problems. You'd have better luck slapping your computer with a dead fish than calling Dell's tech support.

Anyway, this is a Spder-Man design I posted in the Marvel redesign thread. I combined both the black costume with the normal costume. I'm not sure if the dark area should be black or dark blue. Let me know what you think!

spidermanredesignsmallhz0.jpg

This is another black and white watercolor I did. This one of Sinestro. The arm is a little short, but I still like the look of it as a whole. I reduced the head size so he didn't look too silly, and gave him the more alien eyes.

I should go back and throw in some sort of backround.

sinestrosmallrm9.jpg

I was requested to do a pic of Morbius by someone on the IMDB boards. So, here it is. (I think I'll stick with water colors and colored pencil because pencils look terrible on a computer. All the black areas came out grey.)

I knew since he was a vampire, he'd be gothic. But the challenge was to retain the gothic look of the character without making him look "goth". So, I scrapped Dracula as an inspiration and went right to Nosforatu. Sunken in, inhuman face with an old fashioned fur-lined coat. The clothes underneath would be a ratty t-shirt and some jeans. All the intricacies of his look would come from the detail in the jacket.

Let me know what you think!

morbiussmallyu3.jpg

Thank you to all the posters who voted for my pic in the monthly fan art contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"