Keith_v's Fan Art

sinestrosmallrm9.jpg

the face here is just perfect.

the face here is just perfect.

I'm glad you liked it. That was the big thing for me going into that design. How can I try to make a guy with a giant melon head and silly mustache not laughable?

Well, I did my best, and I guess even if at least one person digs it, then the work paid off.

i dig it. :)

Thanks.

This is just a repost of the Spider-Man redesign pic I did, but with altered coloring. I turned up the saturation and darkened the pic. I still can't figure out how to scan smooth images. Everything I scan in pencil comes out very grainy, and all the blacks are grey and muddy.

I think this looks a little better than the original.

scan0001xb6.jpg

Dude you should set up your own web site to post your work if you haven't already. I'd like to see what your can do with The Lizard, Heath Ledger's Joker and Eckhart's Two Face. Keep it up man, good work!

I'd like to see what your can do with Heath Ledger's Joker and Eckhart's Two Face. Keep it up man, good work!

I'm guessing keith only does Marvel characters, seeing as he has posted nothing but them (apart from the Batman ones). I don't know whether he does or not but if you do keith, they would be a good starting point because a lot of the DC Villians are humans and it would be good to get some human faces in there don't you agree?

I'm guessing keith only does Marvel characters, seeing as he has posted nothing but them (apart from the Batman ones). I don't know whether he does or not but if you do keith, they would be a good starting point because a lot of the DC Villians are humans and it would be good to get some human faces in there don't you agree?

I'm more of a Marvel guy myself but last time I checked Sinestro, The Flash, and SuperBoy were DC characters.

I actually am much more of a DC guy. It's just that Marvel's characters (especially the villians) are so outrageous that it serves as more of a challenge when working on realistic depictions. I love DC's characters, it's just that I've seen highly realistic and reimagined versions of nearly all their characters already. And some the characters are so grounded that it makes realistic images of them too easy.

That's why I did the Sinestro pic. The only realistic pics I'd seen of him were from Alex Ross, and I was not to keen on his version.

I do have a few more DC pics. A Black Adam, another Superboy, and another Batman. I'll post them as soon as Imageshack decides to start working.

I always enjoy sketches/shetckbook drawings. These are great. :up:

I always enjoy sketches/shetckbook drawings. These are great. :up:

Thanks!

This is a water color Superboy pic I did. I used an ad for a reference, and I didn't need to change it much. The original picture had exactly the right tone for Superboy, and the model looked just like him.

superboysmallhr4.jpg

Cool! I'm glad you do DC because personally I prefer DC to Marvel. But that SuperBoy looks amazing!

Dude you should set up your own web site to post your work if you haven't already. I'd like to see what your can do with The Lizard, Heath Ledger's Joker and Eckhart's Two Face. Keep it up man, good work!

I've thought about setting up some sort of site, but I think I'll keep it small scale and just stick to this thread for now. Also, I think I'll tackle Ledger's Joker pretty soon. And I'll definitely get around to doing a Lizard!

Cool! I'm glad you do DC because personally I prefer DC to Marvel. But that SuperBoy looks amazing!

Thanks! It's always good to hear from another DC supporter.

Now that my thread has hit over 2000 views, I'll celebrate by posting 2 pics! (2000 views, 2 pics... I know, devilishly clever.)

The first is a water color of Black Adam. The biggest problem with it, I think, is the shoulders. They're a little uneven. But other than that, I think it's pretty good.

blackadamsmallsl2.jpg

The second pic is an old Venom one I did with colored pencil. The design of the body and face is riddled with problems, but I still love how the color came out. I kind of regret not putting in a backround. I was going to have him coming out of water, but this pic has been put to rest.

venomcpencilsmallmv2.jpg

This is a rough design I did of Mysterio. Someone on the SM boards said that they think he should wear turn of the century outfits, and I really dug that idea.

I feel this look could definetly work in a film, and I may want to do a good, fully colored version of this pic.

Let me know what you guys think!

mysteriosketchda7.jpg

Great sketches! I love all of your work.

This is a rough design I did of Mysterio. Someone on the SM boards said that they think he should wear turn of the century outfits, and I really dug that idea.

I feel this look could definetly work in a film, and I may want to do a good, fully colored version of this pic.

mysteriosketchda7.jpg

I would like to see this colored in please.It looks unique
icon14.gif

Now that my thread has hit over 2000 views, I'll celebrate by posting 2 pics! (2000 views, 2 pics... I know, devilishly clever.)

The first is a water color of Black Adam. The biggest problem with it, I think, is the shoulders. They're a little uneven. But other than that, I think it's pretty good.

blackadamsmallsl2.jpg

The second pic is an old Venom one I did with colored pencil. The design of the body and face is riddled with problems, but I still love how the color came out. I kind of regret not putting in a backround. I was going to have him coming out of water, but this pic has been put to rest.

venomcpencilsmallmv2.jpg

ur amazing beyond belief...may i request...
sm3 version of Venom(skinny with weblines in teh costume...and smaller eyes) kinda like this
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/iamspid3rman/suit-31.jpg
for teh symbol and design...
and this face
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb275/calebyourmaster07/c-2.jpg
with him holding spider-mans mask or like harrys glider...
thats only if u want to...im just sayin that itd be soo amazing if ya did

mysteriosketchda7.jpg

I must admit I'm not a huge fan of Mysterio but I like the idea for the duds.
I always thought that the "fish bowl" head should have like a constant smoke field (kind of like Ghost Rider's flames) around it forming the round look and obscuring the glass like structure of his head. That's kind of a bad description but just thought I'd give my input.

I would like to see this colored in please.It looks unique
icon14.gif

I want to do a colored one. Hopefully I'll have one done before summer's over.

ur amazing beyond belief...may i request...
sm3 version of Venom(skinny with weblines in teh costume...and smaller eyes) kinda like this
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/iamspid3rman/suit-31.jpg
for teh symbol and design...
and this face
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb275/calebyourmaster07/c-2.jpg
with him holding spider-mans mask or like harrys glider...
thats only if u want to...im just sayin that itd be soo amazing if ya did

If I have enough time, I'll try to tackle something like this. Granted, I'll probably make a few changes to Venom's appearance, but overall, I'm a big fan of his movie look.

I must admit I'm not a huge fan of Mysterio but I like the idea for the duds.
I always thought that the "fish bowl" head should have like a constant smoke field (kind of like Ghost Rider's flames) around it forming the round look and obscuring the glass like structure of his head. That's kind of a bad description but just thought I'd give my input.

This is something I'm definetly going to keep in mind when I do the colored one. Smoke can be tough to do, but it's far from impossible. And I think it will give an otherworldly quality to an otherwise human character.

This is a water color I did of Bale's Batman. The only change I made were the lenses over the eyes.

batmanfacesmallwk1.jpg

Just an old Daredevil I did with colored pencil. Not my best work.

daredevilcolorpencilsmaqi6.jpg

venomcpencilsmallmv2.jpg

I can understand how, as an artist, you see all the tiny details and imperfections of your work, but just realize that us dimwitted forumers can only stand in awe at this. I see nothing wrong here--only that right now, you should be in the comic book business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"