Keith_v's Fan Art

You never cease to amaze me Keith :D And it was about time you had a website dedicated to your work! I like the website, it's minimalistic and it gets straight to the point :D

Thanks! That was the look I was going for. I wanted the images to be the center focal point of the site, not the site itself.

hey keith i got a tablet for Christmas, and i cannot draw real good at all, think you could help me? (ps: it came with corel painter essentials 4)

Hmmmm, my advice to you will be the same that I give to everyone. If you can't draw good with pencil and paper, no digital medium will help you. The key to drawing what's in your head without frustration is understanding form and shape, and using a pencil is the easiest way to practice that.

But tablets can be great fun to play around with. If you want to just dive in and get crazy, take a look at "mood paintings". They tend to be very rough with form and shape, but instead focus on portraying powerful images through light and color. You may find that mood paintings are fun and not too tough to do. They lend themselves to a bit more creativity than realistic imagery.

hey keith, thanks for the advice, do you mainly draw with your hand in:

underhand
writing
or cupped

position?

finally got round to using my tablet, and i colored this for ya.:)

FinalColors.png

hey keith, thanks for the advice, do you mainly draw with your hand in:

underhand
writing
or cupped

position?

Sorry Web, I didn't see notice this question until know. I draw just as if I were writing, although I try to keep my elbow off the table (unless I'm shading).

Here's my 1st attempt at a fully rendered 3d scene. It's not finished yet, and it was done mainly as an experiment. The file is about 20 MB. I think it may be too big for practical use (ie a game) but if someone knows how big is too big or when there's too many polygons, I'd be really grateful.

shower_early.jpg

nice job! also, thanks, i have been drawing like that lately, but i read in some nooks you were supposed to draw in all these funky hand positions.:)

nice job! also, thanks, i have been drawing like that lately, but i read in some nooks you were supposed to draw in all these funky hand positions.:)

Always remember this: drawing (realistic drawing anyway) is like math. No matter how you add numbers together, the math will always be the same. 2+2 will always equal 4. Same deal with drawing. A person will always have the same muscle structure. They will always have a center of balance. Buildings will always have supports. Glass will always have reflections. Knowing to render these elements is much more important than HOW you render these elements. I've seen very loose, almost sloppy paintings look very realistic because the artist knew to factor every appropriate element, but he did it in his own way.

A CG render of a room done for school. The second pic is really low res (hendce the blurriness).

modern_room.jpg

modern_room_night.jpg

i did a quick manip of actor Franky G as Kratos from God of War. He'd be my pick for a movie. Has the look, the voice, and the intensity (watch him in Saw II).

kratos_manip.jpg

A very good manip, :)

Thanks! With the semester ending this week, I have a bunch of things I'd like to scan and slap on these boards. Lots of CG stuff, photography, abd sketches. I've been thinking about doing a huge CG project with Spiderman fighting Venom in a subway station.

that sound's mad, I'd love to see it:)

Last edited:
Just a small update...
These were a couple of commission pieces I did a while back.

baseSoldierDesign.jpg

soldier_personalityShot.jpg

lovely tone's of colour, shading, fantastic detail as well.:)

A CG render of a room done for school. The second pic is really low res (hendce the blurriness).

modern_room.jpg

modern_room_night.jpg
Are you aspiring to be a videogame designer? I'm impressed with this layout. :yay:

lovely tone's of colour, shading, fantastic detail as well.:)

Thanks!

Are you aspiring to be a videogame designer? I'm impressed with this layout. :yay:

Thanks! Yeah, I'm looking to get into games. I've been doing a lot of work in Maya, but haven't produced anything really great yet.

Just finished this piece...

outlander.jpg

That's pretty damned impressive Keith. Even in comparison to your other works, which are all stellar. This is incredible. Excellent work on the character design. Moreover, fantastic CGing. Really brings a lot of mood and atmosphere to the piece.

one word, GOD DAM!!!!, sorry that's two, the level of detail is unbelievable, another great one by you Keith.:)

That's pretty damned impressive Keith. Even in comparison to your other works, which are all stellar. This is incredible. Excellent work on the character design. Moreover, fantastic CGing. Really brings a lot of mood and atmosphere to the piece.

one word, GOD DAM!!!!, sorry that's two, the level of detail is unbelievable, another great one by you Keith.:)

Thanks guys!!

Here's an early pic of a room I'm working on. It's still unfinished and needs a bunch more furniture.

room_wip.jpg

Got two new pics. The first one was a commissioned tattoo design, and the second was just for fun. I felt like doing something more whimsical that wouldn't take forever to paint.

skull_tattoo_noRibbon.jpg

dignified_dog.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"