Keith_v's Fan Art

I've been working feverishly these last few months being in my last semester of school (Wrote and illustrated a book in 2 months). I have a bunch of new illustrations that I'll post at the end of the month. Here's a few other concept pieces I was able to squeeze in between school work and commissions...

moster.jpg

env4.jpg

env3.jpg

env2.jpg

env1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a good judge of CGI renders, but that first illustration is ****ing stellar.

I'm in my last semester of school, and for my senior project, we had to make books. I wrote and illustrated a book in two months (Not easy considering the amount of artwork and my four other classes). Its an homage to Creepshow and Tales from the Crypt. Here's the artwork...

cover_full.jpg

letter_from_editor_sketch.jpg

titles.jpg

zombies_final.jpg

marooned_final.jpg

dinos_final.jpg

vampires_vault.jpg

wow dude...lots of great stuff you've posted here! very talented indeed!

wow dude...lots of great stuff you've posted here! very talented indeed!

There's some great artwork here!

Amazing work. Fantastic job.

Thanks guys!

So I've been tossing around the idea of doing a kind of how-to book for illustration. I'm thinking about focusing on digital illustration, concerning different kinds of brushes and the best ways to use layers. Any of you guys think you'd be interested in seeing that?

I'm going to put together some pages and send the pitch to Corel, because I'm very big on Painter and use it almost exclusively for my pics. I of course gotta get the ok from them to use their product in the book.

Stunning artworks Keith, you have amazing control over your shadows and light :D

Stunning artworks Keith, you have amazing control over your shadows and light :D

Thanks! The lighting is my favorite part, although it's not always the easiest. I gave a pretty set way in which I do it. If I ever the time, I'll post a tutorial on how I light my scenes.

Great stuff as always Keith. A while back you were talking about sculpting, you ever get around to dabbling in that?

Great stuff as always Keith. A while back you were talking about sculpting, you ever get around to dabbling in that?

Thanks! Yeah I've done a little bit of sculpture recently. I gotta admit, I think I enjoy it more than drawing. It's a lot easier to capture the body language you want with clay than on paper. I did a sculpt of Spiderman. I'll post pics within a day or so.

Ironically, when I did this creature design a few days ago, I was having trouble nailing the pose from my head. So, I grabbed a kneaded (sp?) eraser, did a rough sculpt, and used that for reference. It worked out really well.

jhgjhgjgjgjh.jpg

Thanks! Yeah I've done a little bit of sculpture recently. I gotta admit, I think I enjoy it more than drawing. It's a lot easier to capture the body language you want with clay than on paper. I did a sculpt of Spiderman. I'll post pics within a day or so.

Ironically, when I did this creature design a few days ago, I was having trouble nailing the pose from my head. So, I grabbed a kneaded (sp?) eraser, did a rough sculpt, and used that for reference. It worked out really well.

Dude, that's something out of a nightmare. Can't wait to see it.

I've been reinspired to start drawing again... I havent done any drawings in about 2 years, but I figure it's a good time to restart. =) I like alot of the work.

Dude, that's something out of a nightmare. Can't wait to see it.

Thanks!

I've been reinspired to start drawing again... I havent done any drawings in about 2 years, but I figure it's a good time to restart. =) I like alot of the work.

This is great to hear! My best advice for you would be to do only line drawings No colors, no shading, just focus on outlines. the better you get doing line drawings, the easier colors and shading will be.

Here's those pics of my sculpt. This was my second non-pottery-related sculpture. The first was a zombie head that I did about 10 years ago. It's a clay bust of Spiderman and the symbiote...

0227012143.jpg

0303011036.jpg

0303011037a.jpg

0227012143a.jpg

0227012144.jpg

Did this pic for my under-construction website. I wanted to have a wider range of artwork so I threw in another children's illustration...

fairy.jpg

Really great stuff here :up:

Thanks guys!

So I've been tossing around the idea of doing a kind of how-to book for illustration. I'm thinking about focusing on digital illustration, concerning different kinds of brushes and the best ways to use layers. Any of you guys think you'd be interested in seeing that?

I'm going to put together some pages and send the pitch to Corel, because I'm very big on Painter and use it almost exclusively for my pics. I of course gotta get the ok from them to use their product in the book.

I would be :) Your work is amazing.

i love creature designs :)

amazing work too, you're a pro

loving this one!

Thanks! That one was tough trying to decide on a light source that didn't look too stagey or too real. I had to find a decent balance.

Got another quick environment concept...
tundra.jpg

Just another environment pic. Gonna get back into full illustrations very soon hopefully.
cataclysm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"