Kiefer Sutherland & Boyd Holbrook To Star In The Fugitive Remake

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
Fugative-Sutherland-Holbrook-fb.jpg

One of Harrison Ford's biggest hits was the 1993 version of The Fugitive, and now 24 actor Kiefer Sutherland is going to take a crack at it in a new television series. The series will air on Quibi, and will have Sutherland in the role of a detective Clay Bryce, who is hunting down Mike Ferro (Boyd Holbrook), who has been put in the spotlight as the perpetrator of a crime he did not commit. The project is being directed by Stephen Hopkins, who has experience working with Sutherland, as they both worked on 24 together. Hopkins will also executive produce the project.

"When a bomb rips through the Los Angeles subway train he’s riding on, blue-collar Mike Ferro (Holbrook) just wants to make sure his wife, Allison, and 10-year-old daughter, Pearl, are safe. But the faulty evidence on the ground and “tweet-now, confirm-later” journalism paint a nightmarish picture: it looks to all the world that Mike was responsible for the heinous act. Wrongfully—and very publicly—accused, Mike must prove his innocence by uncovering the real perpetrator, before the legendary cop (Sutherland) heading the investigation can apprehend him."

While the names are different, the overall premise is similar, though modernized a bit. Social media didn't exist at the time that Harrison Ford (who played Holbrook's character) and Tommy Lee Jones (who played the Sutherland role) played these characters, so it makes sense that technology is going to play a part in Ferro's quest to clear his name.

Wasn’t there already a Fugitive reboot on TV like 10 years ago?

Also the 1993 movie itself was a reboot of a 1960s show.

So I guess there's no more Designated Survivor since Kiefer has moved on.

I think I'll give this a miss. The Fugitive is like a bottomless pit. A series where nothing can ever be resolved, otherwise it would mean the end of the series. That's what it was for previous versions of the TV show. Only the Harrison Ford film could bring any kind of resolution because it was a one-off movie.

Is he going to wander from town to town helping people in between trying to follow leads and find the real culprit?

I like the actors but all I can think about this is, “Again?”

The movie was so perfect; it still holds up. The old TV show honestly wasn’t even very good but the movie took the concept and brought it up to another level. I don’t know that it needs another reboot.

Tim Daly had to give up playing Superman in the animated series in order to take on the role in 2000. But it wasn't worth it, because it was cancelled after one season.

How long would this new one last? Are people even that bothered to follow this long term?

I feel like Sutherland is at that point in his career where he’ll just take whatever jobs are offered to him but Holbrook needs to pick better projects. Between that awful Predator movie and the 28th version of The Fugitive, I worry that the good will he built up in stuff like Narcos and Logan is going to disappear.

I think the original premise of the one armed man and Kimble taking the fall is so much simpler and more visceral. The new premise sounds much more contrived and more complicated than it needs to be.

It really doesn't need to be updated in terms of the crime.

You could still use the whole twitter/social media thing with regards to half of the online community thinking he's guilt and half thinking he's innocent.

With the growth of true crime shows, 24/7 cable news, camera's everywhere, social media, you can still play up the idea that it becomes much more difficult for this version of the fugitive to stay on the run and help people along the way.

If anything, I would have had Kiefer Sutherland play Kimble the fugitive as opposed to playing the detective.

Somebody's watched too much "24" Keifer looks like he's back as Jack Bauer with the bulletproof vest and "CTB" on it

First thought from watching the trailer , "From CTU to CTB, REALLY?"

IRK?! From "Counter Terrorism Unit" to "Counter Terrorism Bureau"

Just one letter difference and this could be season 9 of "24"

x56c7LS.jpg

PEbt8xy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member