Kill Bill vol.1 the best graphic (comic book) looking movie?

luke1234

World Sick
Reaction score
So i was sitting in my room right in front of the TV watching Kill Bill Vol. 1. As everyone knows its a Tarantino film with Tarantino qualities lots of blood, revenge, sexual references, foot fetishes, bla bla bla. Anyways while I was watching it I couldnt help but notice I was basically reading a graphic novel. From the Chapter 2 to Chapter 5(showdown at house of blue leaves) this movie was shot by shot a comic panel. In particular the last fight of the movie with O-Ren with the blue tone colors and the vibrant yellow of the brides outfit it just read a comic book to me. Even the Sheriff scene with Son #1 played out to be a particular scene from a comicbook. With the well composed shots and the vibrant dialouge I think this movie looked more like a comic then even Sin City. This movie was doing the opposite Batman Begins and V for Vendetta was doing which was making a comic into a more recognizable movie media. I believe Kill Bill deserves much praise in the comic world. What do you guys think?

I do love Kill Bill, but deserving more praise in the comic world? I dunno. I do love Tarantino and his shots though :heart:

Best Anime inspired movie ever. I wish more animes were done that way.

I think it still does deserve more praise in the comic world. Sure there is anime inspiration in it as well hell they even have anime in the movie but still. The movie is just pure graphic art and thats a huge factor in the comic world.

So i was sitting in my room right in front of the TV watching Kill Bill Vol. 1. As everyone knows its a Tarantino film with Tarantino qualities lots of blood, revenge, sexual references, foot fetishes, bla bla bla. Anyways while I was watching it I couldnt help but notice I was basically reading a graphic novel. From the Chapter 2 to Chapter 5(showdown at house of blue leaves) this movie was shot by shot a comic panel. In particular the last fight of the movie with O-Ren with the blue tone colors and the vibrant yellow of the brides outfit it just read a comic book to me. Even the Sheriff scene with Son #1 played out to be a particular scene from a comicbook. With the well composed shots and the vibrant dialouge I think this movie looked more like a comic then even Sin City. This movie was doing the opposite Batman Begins and V for Vendetta was doing which was making a comic into a more recognizable movie media. I believe Kill Bill deserves much praise in the comic world. What do you guys think?

The movie that looks most like a comic is 1966's Batman the Movie. However I do agree with what you say. Tarrantino did say that Kill Bill is his 'comicbook movie'.

The movie that looks most like a comic is 1966's Batman the Movie. However I do agree with what you say. Tarrantino did say that Kill Bill is his 'comicbook movie'.

haha that 1966 batman movie, forgot about that

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"