Kill the Deadpool project already

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
...Ryan Reynolds is clearly involved with several other film projects, and especially if he signs on for the Highlander remake, you can forget about him committing to Green Lantern 2 or Deadpool.. Fox needs to cut their losses with this vanity project, give the property back to Marvel..
Deadpool is better off with a relatively unknown/moderate-known actor; traditionally Deadpool has the full facemask half the time and has the cut-up face without it, and so that's likely a dealbreaker with any studio who wants to market based on Reynolds' handsome looks..

I don't care how long it takes...the script is fantastic. This movie needs to be made.

Maybe they can get the team from DEATHLOK to work on this one...

but I don't want to die :csad:. At least they can get someone better suited for the role if they continue without reynolds.

...Ryan Reynolds is clearly involved with several other film projects, and especially if he signs on for the Highlander remake, you can forget about him committing to Green Lantern 2 or Deadpool.. Fox needs to cut their losses with this vanity project, give the property back to Marvel..

Why would any of that convince them to give the property to Marvel? Moreover, what'd be the point? Deadpool is traditionally associated with the X-Universe, so he should stay with that group of characters.

I think its pretty clear if Deadpool will ever happen it probably won't be with Reynolds. It seems like the window on Deadpool has closed.

They should bastardize him every few X-flicks just to keep fans on their toes

Heh, I don't think you need to worry about Ryan Reynolds making time for Green Lantern 2.

Does anyone have the Deadpool script? Never got to read it.

Edit: Never mind, found it.

Last edited:
Wait, wait, wait. You guys are telling me the actual Deadpool script is out there? Well, here's to seeing how everything gets put together :up:

It's common for some films to be in limbo for a long time. But eventually some do get made.

Deadpool Is probally dead for now but fox Isn't going to just give It or anything associated with X-Men to Marvel.

After the mess they made of him in Wolverine, I hope they take their time to get it right, really does deserve a shot at a film. Not sure Ryan Reynolds is the man though.

It's common for some films to be in limbo for a long time. But eventually some do get made.

Prime Example being spider-man , it was in limbo for nearly 20 years before it saw the light of day.

Last edited:
After the mess they made of him in Wolverine, I hope they take their time to get it right, really does deserve a shot at a film. Not sure Ryan Reynolds is the man though.
dont see anyone else more perfect for the role they even said he looked like ryan reynolds in the comics lol

dont see anyone else more perfect for the role they even said he looked like ryan reynolds in the comics lol

Really who was that? Fair enough, I'm not saying he isn't but after the first attempt in Wovlerine it needs some work.

^
_Film_Comedy_79526_deadpool_header_550x299.jpg

Guy Pearce could do it, watch Lockout, it's a bad film, but Pearce makes it fun at least...

Pretty sure that when DEADPOOL gets off the ground for real, Ryan Reynolds will pay attention.

Yeah, Reynold's doesn't have any real power to get this movie going, outside of maybe script notes.

SWS is probably my #1 after RR. Ackles, to me, would make an awesome Johhny Blaze.

The one idea I really like on that list is Jeffrey Donovan.

IMHO, I don't want a heartthrob type playing Daredevil makes no sense to me. I also want him in make-up or a mask the whole time.

Fox clearly has no intent or interest in putting Deadpool into production. They are sitting on it just like they sat on FF and Daredevil for years. This is after they bastardized the character in Wolverine. They were never serious about Deadpool. They just stuck a bunch of characters in Wolverine to make potential spinoff tie-ins.

Ryan Reynolds is career oriented and that's fine. His choosing Green Lantern is proof of that. He wanted to do Green Lantern long-term and NOT Deadpool. Even now he's trying to do projects that will make him a bigger star and draw than Deadpool. He's moved on.

With the video game being promoted now, and Renolds not playing GL again, they should do the Deadpool movie right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"