Kill the Deadpool project already

Reynolds is doing Highlander.

noooo.gif

It's a nightmare....it has to be.

Man I'm sorry but I don't really believe Deadpool has only become more popular just because of Reynolds.

Im not saying its the only reason Deadpools popular in any way. But it has had an impact with awareness on Deadpool. XMOW was a horrible take on the character and if anything should have hurt Deadpools rep. Its the worst raping of an X men character on screen, yet people still liked Reynolds in the role regardless of the characters take. They moved ahead with a film because of the fans support of Reynolds. If it was another actor, this more then likely would not happen. Gambit didnt get 4 books a month ,a film script and other media attention after the release.

Last edited:
I mean did they really?

He was barely even onscreen. Reynolds had like a minute of screentime and that wasn't even him during the climax.

I think so man. If he was played by another actor I really wouldnt think Deadpools popularity would have sky rocketed like it did.I havnt seen any other X character have that much of a boost in comics from any X film. Something happened. Maybe the controversy on the web had alot to do as well. People love to hate on Fox haha and his look created quite a buzz. Odd that they would still green light a Deadpool solo movie when they ****ed him up so bad. Let alone use the same actor. Fox knows the fans trust Reynolds input on the character.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's so hard to grasp about this and frankly I'm kind of surprised people are confused about my position on this. I said that Ryan Reynolds is a solid choice for the role as has been because of his comedy work and his action skills, which include swordsmanship. I never said he should be up for it just for his swordwork. I don't know that he's a "master swordsman", but its obvious that he has swordfighting skills the average Hollywood actor simply doesn't...he's had samurai swordfighting training or something along those lines. And he's been very vocal about wanting to play the character, and has championed Deadpool as a cool concept for years...he's definitely helped the character's popularity, to the point where even the Deadpool comics have acknowledged it.

Lol The Guard any actor can get sword training. To me that doesn't clinch Reynolds for this role.

His action skills clearly aren't that great, look what happened with Green Lantern.

At some point people have to let go of the notion of Reynolds as Deadpool because he's clearly moved on! He won't even talk about it anymore. And he moved on the moment he signed on for Green Lantern instead of pursuing Deadpool further. No matter what he said publicly.

And he moved on the moment he signed on for Green Lantern instead of pursuing Deadpool further. No matter what he said publicly.

Well he was still moving forward with Deapdool. Its Fox who wont pull the trigger. Donner and Reynolds confirmed that earlier this year.

Well ya think? They did a terrible version of the character for Wolverine and a Deadpool movie basically wouldn't be that character at all.

I doubt Fox would ever greenlight the script that was written for the movie.

They still moved forward , hired a director,screenwriter and did test shoots. You cant blame Reynolds though. Hes been trying to get the film done regardless of Green Lantern. Fox is just scared of the R rating.

It's nothing to do with Reynolds when the film gets made. Nothing in production - he's free to sign up for other projects. He doesn't have to continually talk about Deadpool, and not do any films until work moves ahead.

As others have said, it's the studio's fault no film has been made, not his.

Joe Carnahan just saw the sales reel and said its ****ing awesome.
@carnojoe
Some anonymous someone just snuck me a peek of Tim Miller's 'DEADPOOL' sales reel that Just Simply ****ing CRUSHES. THAT is Wade Wilson.
‏@carnojoe
@richtea345 It was everything fans of DEADPOOL would ever want.
I hope this thing stays alive.

Last edited:
Lol The Guard any actor can get sword training. To me that doesn't clinch Reynolds for this role.

His action skills clearly aren't that great, look what happened with Green Lantern.

(Shakes head)

Shake your head all you want Guard, Deadpool with Reynolds is dead.

I didn't think Deadpool in Wolverine was awful I thought he was pretty cool and Reynolds did a good job playing Wade Wilson...

2z8duub.jpg

Never mind

They should bastardize him every few X-flicks just to keep fans on their toes
:applaud
In terms of name recognition, Reynolds is not that big of a draw. Green Lantern was his big chance and it tanked.
It may look worse than it is on that once since the budget was so high. But GL was considered a terrible movie....got horrible reviews and toxic word of mouth....was pretty much a joke when it was released....

...and made $116m domestic. That's pretty damn good. Lower the budget to something reasonable for DP....make a really good movie...and it'll make at least that much. R rating would of course cut into it a bit. But I think it's fair to say RR helped the box office for GL quite a bit.
Blade Trinity is the flick for him that started all the Deadpool stuff. Lotta improv and smart ash comments for him there. There probably wouldnt even be a Deadpool movie in production at Fox if it wasnt for Reynolds. The characters popularity sky rocketed when Reynolds was announced as Deadpool in XMOW. Im surprised at alot of the Reynolds hate now. It def wasnt there when he was originally cast. Reynolds was the #1 fan choice for Deadpool just about for 10 years and has tried to get the movie made for quite some time.

Fox knows the character is marketable and they obviously are interested. They just dont want it rated R. Reynolds wont have the flick any other way. So if they pass on this and Reynolds who has been the main supporter on rating Deadpool R ... then we will be getting a pg-13 Deadpool. A Deadpool flick will be made regardless in the future so hopefully Fox just makes the right decision and goes with the Rhett Reese script.
RR deserves some real praise for the way he's been championing the DP cause all these years. And he wants it done right too. I really do think his efforts have helped raise the character's profile in the public eye.

JeetKuneDo, a Deadpool movie is not going to have the $100 million marketing power behind it that Green Lantern did not to mention all the cereal, fast food, toys, and extra merchandise. I'm saying that's one reason Green Lantern made $116 million.

Something like Kick ash did like $50 million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"